Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2012 Apr 15, 01:04:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tekner

2012 Jun 23, 04:06:11 #40 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 23, 04:12:42 by Tekner
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jun 23, 03:22:21
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Jun 23, 03:18:57
Quote from: FicklePickles on 2012 Jun 18, 20:22:31
Just like the show, will only pegasi be able to go to Cloudsdale? And how about pegasi being able to interact with clouds?   
Yes and yes.

Only pegasi? I thought it was mentioned many times before that other ponies will be given a way there? Like, a hot balloon up, and a unicorn to cast the cloud walking spell.
No. I derped and misread it. Anyone can go to cloudsdale and pegasi can interact with clouds, possibly the other races. Thanks pointing that out >.< Sorry for the confusion guys. I need to sleep...

jimm

I hope the environment will be relatively responsive/interactive. The graphics remind me of Spyro the Dragon a lot, and in those games sometimes you could charge through the walls to find secrets. Will there be things like that? I wonder if they'd just be player-specific, reset themselves at an interval, or something else.

Tekner

2012 Jun 24, 19:42:50 #42 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 11, 17:49:07 by Princess Oliver
Quote from: jimm on 2012 Jun 24, 19:33:57
I hope the environment will be relatively responsive/interactive. The graphics remind me of Spyro the Dragon a lot, and in those games sometimes you could charge through the walls to find secrets. Will there be things like that? I wonder if they'd just be player-specific, reset themselves at an interval, or something else.
We will have cool quests, easter eggs, and fun things to find in the world. Don't worry.
Quote from: Equestrian on 2012 Jun 11, 15:46:00
You should probably have a list of unanswered questions on the main page
This is not a bad idea. I'd love to answer any questions you guys have. Just keep in mind that sometimes you guys think just a bit too far ahead for us to be able to answer you just yet. We're still, yes still, in pre-alpha stage and there are a lot of things we've not considered yet. Also there are a few things we won't disclose until Galacon.

Little Judas

Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Jun 25, 09:04:34
Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Jun 24, 19:42:50
...easter eggs, and fun things to find in the world...

Yay!

I've heard about some of the easter eggs, just a hint... some will be very nice images ^3^ <--- don't want to ruin it... so I'm being SUPER vague.

Zbizo

So what if you fell off a cloud as an unicorn/ep?
Giant butterflies? Pegasi catching you? or back to Ponyville?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zbizo on 2012 Jun 26, 03:58:32

I hope you'll get a parachute that opens if you fall off of a cloud.

I wonder if Cloudsdale will have barriers built in that keep you from falling off. We'll have to wait until they finish Canterlot and start on Cloudsdale to see.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

I'm Pretty sure plummeting to your demise is not child friendly. Therefore its highly likely for some kind of safety system. My best guess is a selective invisible walls... Or there will be a very comical crash animation, both sound very likely

Zbizo

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 26, 08:00:28

I wonder if Cloudsdale will have barriers built in that keep you from falling off. We'll have to wait until they finish Canterlot and start on Cloudsdale to see.

I want to play as a pony, not as Ezio Auditore :l

Night Pony

Quote from: Zbizo on 2012 Jun 26, 13:27:37

I want to play as a pony, not as Ezio Auditore :l

You can be both!  :D

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

lurk852

I hope not. Nothing kills the fun of exploration like arbitrary invisible walls.

(And yes, sometimes "exploration" means "falling from very high up")
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 26, 14:22:41

I hope not. Nothing kills the fun of exploration like arbitrary invisible walls.

I almost said invisible walls, but then I thought "That would kinda suck." So I said "barriers" instead, hoping they'll come up with creative barriers that make more sense than an invisible wall.

If there's going to be fall damage, I'm not sure how many ponies will want to dive off the edge of Cloudsdale. lol

Rissian

I dunno I'd probably jump off of cloudsdale at least once, just to see if I could somehow survive it.   ovO
(If it's even possible to fall off.)

I do that in a lot of games in Shadow of colossus I jumped off the tower colossus and also jumped off a huge cliff and survived both, through glitches or just funny ways of traversing the terrain a leap of faith off the tallest building was also fun in AC2.

Sotha

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 26, 14:22:41

Ah, you must mean this.

I for one hope we'll be able to jump off of Cloudsdale, though I can be almost sure we won't.
May you walk on warm sands.

hyper drive [HD]

2012 Jun 28, 18:16:33 #54 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 28, 18:18:14 by hyper drive [HD]
can game people make a trilabite cutiemark? ^-^ x3 :D

Chishio Kunrin

I think there should be an Easter egg having to do with a chicken. There are video games that have stuff that make you wonder "What's with video game makers and chickens?" Not just Legend of Zelda, either. Someone killed a chicken in Skyrim and was suddenly under attack by the nearby NPCs. And the Fable series is obsessed with chickens.

Tekner

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 02, 20:09:38
I think there should be an Easter egg having to do with a chicken. There are video games that have stuff that make you wonder "What's with video game makers and chickens?" Not just Legend of Zelda, either. Someone killed a chicken in Skyrim and was suddenly under attack by the nearby NPCs. And the Fable series is obsessed with chickens.
Unfortunately we can't add anypony from the show. This includes Scootaloo. Sorry :(.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Tekner on 2012 Jul 02, 22:01:25
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 02, 20:09:38
Unfortunately we can't add anypony from the show. This includes Scootaloo. Sorry :(.

Who says the chicken has to be Scoots?  ovO 0:) ovO

WolfsGhost

Topic pinned. I'm allowing this thread to stay open despite the straying of the initial topic. If the topic strays again, I will be deleting posts and locking it. This thread is useful for new players to ask questions and get answers. The last thing it needs is to be filled with random off topic posts.

- WolfsGhost
LoE Concept Writer and Moderator

Tagmannn

2012 Jul 09, 18:19:13 #59 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 09, 18:21:36 by Tagmannn
I know that we cant use the characters from the show as NPCs, but will they allow us to create them via character creation and use them in-game?

Go Up