Easter Eggs you've found in games.

Started by The Silent Wolf, 2012 Dec 12, 10:23:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Silent Wolf

So I found an easter egg in Wizard101 and got a screenshot so I can make this thread.  ^-^ Any funny or cool easter eggs you find in games and you wanna share this is the thread to use!. I found a doctor who, I think, reference in Wizard101 and HAVE to share it now.  A dog named "The Professor" beside a phone booth.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

colinkochevar

I'm apparantly not the first one to find this:

The guy with the canon in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has a Mario Bullet Bill on his sleeve. :]
How can party rock be in the house tonight, if everybody's outside?

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Dec 12, 20:48:39 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 12, 20:53:58 by Chishio Kunrin
Dr. Who reference? Amazing! O:

I didn't find these, but I wanna share 'em anyway.
Someone found a family of monkey people things in the first playable level of Halo 3.

The Statue of Liberty in Grand Theft Auto IV has a heart. You can go inside and see it. No, I'm not going to post a picture because it's weird. I think it's kinda cool, actually, but it seems like something I wouldn't post.

There's a ghost in Hitman: Contracts in a hidden area of a hotel, but you have to get to the spot fast after picking the lock. If you take too long, you'll miss it.

You can keep going down the hall and find a crime scene. Look in the bathroom mirror, and you see the ghost again. :I
No further pictures of that, sorry. X3

In World of Warcraft, in the Ruins of Lordaeron, if you go into the throne room and turn up ambient sound, you can hear audio from two cutscenes from Warcraft III, a non-MMORPG that came before WoW. First is King Menethil being warned that his son, Prince Arthas, was gonna ruin stuff. Second is Arthas returning home possessed by the Lich King and... eh... getting rid of Menethil, basically. If you go outside and use detect invisibility, you can see ghosts. That was basically what caused pretty much everything in WoW.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in one of the levels, if you switch to first person view and look in the distance on the cliffs, you may find these weird shadow people.

They look like aliens, to me. :P

Tobuscus found an easter egg in Portal 2.
It's kind of in the area where it seems to be processing turrets and getting rid of defective turrets. When you cross the conveyer belts that're dumping turrets and stuff, there should be one turret that's saying things like "I'm different." Pick it up and carry it with you to the room on the other side of the conveyer belts. It'll thank you. Put it down and listen to it for a while. One of the things it says is "Get mad. Don't make lemonade." This is before you get to the room where you hear Cave Johnson's "Don't make lemonade! Get mad!" rant. The turret ends up saying a cryptic clue to part of the backstory.

Many of us know of the Notched Pickaxe in Skyrim. It is, indeed, a reference to Markus "Notch" Persson. Some people try to deny it, but it's true, given the facts that
1. Todd Howard, the guy who put it in Skyrim, is friends with Notch.
2. Notch acknowledged the shoutout by tweeting "Adding the Toddhowared Pickaxe to Minecraft"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Julius

Magus, a few others and I found out about and deciphered the books in Twilight's Library, on Legends Of Equestria Pre Alpha Stress Test Edition.

Sweet game that one. Got taken down though. lol

I know I've found other Easter Eggs on my own before... But I can't remember any at the moment. I'll let you know. :P
Purr~

Billow Pillow

Mainly all the easter eggs i have where found either in portal and or halo.   :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Jenzy

Super Mario 3D Land Easter Eggs.

In World 1-3, if you look into the telescope and look to the sky and wait a bit, a UFO will appear shortly... It's a quick one. Easy to miss since it's small.

In World 4-Ghost house, at the end of the level, don't go to the flagpole. Wait to the right corner by the tall metal fence. After a while, a tall ghost figure with a face like a Shy Guy will appear. It disappears soon after.

In The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, if you look at one of the windows in the room when you first meet Zelda, you'll find a Mario easter eggs with pipes.

colinkochevar

It translates to Fun is infinite, Sega Entersprises, Majin (which means devil or demon.)
How can party rock be in the house tonight, if everybody's outside?

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 12, 20:48:39
Spoiler: show
Dr. Who reference? Amazing! O:

I didn't find these, but I wanna share 'em anyway.
Someone found a family of monkey people things in the first playable level of Halo 3.

The Statue of Liberty in Grand Theft Auto IV has a heart. You can go inside and see it. No, I'm not going to post a picture because it's weird. I think it's kinda cool, actually, but it seems like something I wouldn't post.

There's a ghost in Hitman: Contracts in a hidden area of a hotel, but you have to get to the spot fast after picking the lock. If you take too long, you'll miss it.

You can keep going down the hall and find a crime scene. Look in the bathroom mirror, and you see the ghost again. :I
No further pictures of that, sorry. X3

In World of Warcraft, in the Ruins of Lordaeron, if you go into the throne room and turn up ambient sound, you can hear audio from two cutscenes from Warcraft III, a non-MMORPG that came before WoW. First is King Menethil being warned that his son, Prince Arthas, was gonna ruin stuff. Second is Arthas returning home possessed by the Lich King and... eh... getting rid of Menethil, basically. If you go outside and use detect invisibility, you can see ghosts. That was basically what caused pretty much everything in WoW.

In Super Mario Galaxy 2, in one of the levels, if you switch to first person view and look in the distance on the cliffs, you may find these weird shadow people.

They look like aliens, to me. :P

Tobuscus found an easter egg in Portal 2.
It's kind of in the area where it seems to be processing turrets and getting rid of defective turrets. When you cross the conveyer belts that're dumping turrets and stuff, there should be one turret that's saying things like "I'm different." Pick it up and carry it with you to the room on the other side of the conveyer belts. It'll thank you. Put it down and listen to it for a while. One of the things it says is "Get mad. Don't make lemonade." This is before you get to the room where you hear Cave Johnson's "Don't make lemonade! Get mad!" rant. The turret ends up saying a cryptic clue to part of the backstory.

Many of us know of the Notched Pickaxe in Skyrim. It is, indeed, a reference to Markus "Notch" Persson. Some people try to deny it, but it's true, given the facts that
1. Todd Howard, the guy who put it in Skyrim, is friends with Notch.
2. Notch acknowledged the shoutout by tweeting "Adding the Toddhowared Pickaxe to Minecraft"

Those mario galaxy 2 "Aliens." were creatures from the beta version of the game. They were meant to be in a level called "Beyond hell valley." which was scrapped maybe because it was probably a morbid hell level.
Nobody knows how they entered the programming for the official game though honestly it seems creepypasta material.

Book Smarts

There's a goblin demolitionist named Makael Bay in Mists of Pandaria  lol

Sea Foam

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 16, 13:34:07
There's a goblin demolitionist named Makael Bay in Mists of Pandaria  lol

If I remember correctly, there's a Pink Floyd reference in Wow somewhere. I don't play the game, my friend told me about it. I:

Also, look up Totaka's song, on youtube. Interesting stuff.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Dreadnaught 308

In Slender there are 3 Easter eggs a PewDiePie reference a Troll reference and an MLP: FiM reference
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dreadnaught 308 on 2012 Dec 18, 19:01:03
In Slender there are 3 Easter eggs a PewDiePie reference a Troll reference and an MLP: FiM reference

I can't see the MLP reference.

Julius

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 19, 02:38:03

It's not on that wall, it's somewhere else in the map. I saw it on Pewdie's video. :P
Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Dec 19, 02:42:48

It's not on that wall, it's somewhere else in the map. I saw it on Pewdie's video. :P

What episode/map? O:

Julius

Can't remember how it's called... :s

Sanatorium, I think.
Purr~

Rissian

I think it may have been the Hospice map Julias I'm not sure.

Weremetalwolf

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 19, 03:14:55

What episode/map? O:

I found it! It was in Slenderman hospice, it's at 2:37 in this video.
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Weremetalwolf on 2012 Dec 19, 08:02:39
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 19, 03:14:55

What episode/map? O:

I found it! It was in Slenderman hospice, it's at 2:37 in this video.

O:
Maybe I haven't seen that episode.

Julius

Bah, I always mix the map names! lol
Purr~

Pipkin

2012 Dec 21, 00:26:06 #19 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 21, 00:30:19 by Pipkin
I found a couple I liked, on my game while waiting for my video to upload

and while you don't need to really search for this on this particular map
ponies!
and 3 minutes of me failing if you want to watch it.....

ugh, that song....
Fun Fact-I heard that song and played this map long before I became a brony, and thought this song was off MLP.  This was also my very 1st exposure to My Little Ponies of ANY kind, even before the PMV that made me a brony.
I had to edit out the 1st pic as it had a curse word on it I didn't even notice until today

Go Up