24-hour event! Featuring the french pony convention BronyDays!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Oct 11, 15:37:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hello everyone! I have some great news for you today!

Legends of Equestria will be hosting a 24-hour livestream event on November 2nd to 3rd!

A 24-hour livestream event will feature many team members working on the game live. You will have the opportunity to watch us develop the game in real time, and many of the staff will be available to answer any questions you may have.

During our 24-hour event, we will be working primarily on Cloudsdale. Concept artists, writers, 3D modellers, 2D artists, programmers, and musicians will all be showing off their skills!

In addition to all of our fantastic content production, we will be premiering exclusive Legends of Equestria footage from the upcoming French MLP convention BronyDays, which showcases the most recent version of the game!

The event starts on the 2nd of November at 12 noon EST and goes a full 24 hours to the 3rd, 12 noon EST.

The 24-hour event can be viewed on our official livestream at: http://www.livestream.com/legends_of_equestria

Hope to see you there!

Pipkin

LOL

I have to say it, technically it's a 25 hour event.
I'll be around for about 4 hours of it, since I work all day that Sunday.

Weatherboy1

ig1mi

I swear, I though this post was about another stress test at first glimpse, I nearly had a heart attack from the excitement. But...I was disappointed :|
It's better to live in the present than in the past.

ShadowHeart

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Weatherboy1

Quote from: 1mirg on 2013 Oct 11, 17:55:32
I swear, I though this post was about another stress test at first glimpse, I nearly had a heart attack from the excitement. But...I was disappointed :|

Still get to see gameplay :D

Teal Turken

I was wondering when another one of these was going to roll around. :D
These are so cool to watch, especially since I want to get into game design.

Ramisha

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Oct 11, 20:47:21
I was wondering when another one of these was going to roll around. :D
These are so cool to watch, especially since I want to get into game design.

Me too! I could be a 2d artist or a designer....
but I'm 14  D:

ig1mi

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Oct 12, 14:27:26
but I'm 14  D:

It is best to practice at a young age

Ramisha

Quote from: 1mirg on 2013 Oct 12, 21:37:15
but I'm 14  D:

You're right, in 2 years the game will be probably done but if there are any expansions/holiday events that require new stuff I could help  :D

PrincessButton

I'll definitely try to be there for some of it, as always.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Teal Turken

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Oct 13, 06:35:45
Quote from: 1mirg on 2013 Oct 12, 21:37:15
but I'm 14  D:

You're right, in 2 years the game will be probably done but if there are any expansions/holiday events that require new stuff I could help  :D

You think it'll be done in 2 years?
....I don't really know about that. :s

Ramisha

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Oct 15, 12:25:46
You think it'll be done in 2 years?
....I don't really know about that. :s

You never know. I think that most of it's done........but I am usually wrong. I dunno,it looks pretty complete if you ask me.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Oct 15, 12:53:15
You never know. I think that most of it's done........but I am usually wrong. I dunno,it looks pretty complete if you ask me.

The game is not even close to done. It is still in pre-alpha, then there's alpha stage, closed/open beta, then the finished product.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Ramisha

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Oct 15, 18:41:50
The game is not even close to done. It is still in pre-alpha, then there's alpha stage, closed/open beta, then the finished product.

Well then I should really start learning how to model 3d stuff so I can help. So far,I just get confused by the pile of buttons everywhere and then "slice" "loop" "another button whose function is a mystery"  DD: y u do dis

ig1mi

Quote from: Ramisha on 2013 Oct 16, 01:14:24
Well then I should really start learning how to model 3d stuff so I can help. So far,I just get confused by the pile of buttons everywhere and then "slice" "loop" "another button whose function is a mystery"  DD: y u do dis
You know, if you stick with 2d art you can still help out with making a game...right? I mean I seen your work and it seems like you are getting better, slowly but surely. Yes, 3d modeling is "the thing" right now. But I would recommend you stick with what you are good at right now and just improve on that, instead of "jumping ship" to the shiny things at such a young age.

Ramisha

:o You're right. I'm thinking of joining the 2d team for textures, I couldn't do vectors (I'm too messy).  X3

Tekner

Also don't forget that without 2D artists, all 3d models are are gray blobs.
As a 2D artist, not only can you provide textures, but also concept art.
Lastly, 2D artists who know how to set up UVs on 3D models are decently hard to find too, if you do want to have some 3D knowledge. 3D artists will love you forever if you do that job for them.

Ramisha

Yes, HaponyHanzo asked us yesterday if we wanted to be his apprentices (for making UVs) and I noticed Phirenor also lost a lot of time on coloring the models so I could help with that.  :o but unfortunately I don't have much time now so I was thinking of applying during the holidays.  :D

Twinkle Starlight

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG ^-^
So I must watch livestream!!(But I don't know when and what time start the livestream. Because I'm not European ㅜㅜ)

Go Up