Well this is rather annoying...

Started by Des Monty, 2012 Jun 09, 22:21:40

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Des Monty

Rainy, watch your language and please cool off.

I'll just say it right now, let's not get this thread heated. It's a good topic to get to the bottom of. If anything it'll benefits the forum; however I will lock it if it goes to far.

Rainy-Chan

Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 22:59:13
Rainy, watch your language and please cool off.

I'll just say it right now, let's not get this thread heated. It's a good topic to get to the bottom of. If anything it'll benefits the forum; however I will lock it if it goes to far.

just proving that the wordfilters are useless

Lary

Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 09, 22:57:26
There is a difference between keeping someone safe on the internet and treating them like a child with special needs. Today the children that use the internet already have these pictures spread out on many different social networks like facebook, twitter, msn and tumblr. There is a much bigger risk that "a bad person" gets their hands on them there. Once the picture has reached the forum its so much more plausible that its already up on many other places.

I don't know if you know, but there are a few people on this website that are under 12 years of age. There is a good chance they don't know any better. And you suggest to kill their internet connection? That would have worked fifteen years ago, but this day and age the internet is alike a second society. Doesn't work that easy.

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Jun 09, 22:55:33
I understand where you are coming from but you have to understand where we are coming from, we have to be responsible for everyone, so we have to take actions though not everyone will agree with it

While I agree with your decisions, the least you could do is inform the topic creator about the issue so the problem would not be repeated.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Rainy-Chan

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 23:02:05

I don't know if you know, but there are a few people on this website that are under 12 years of age. There is a good chance they don't know any better.

if they dont know any better then why do their parents even let them go unwatched online? All im asking for is to get treated with the same respect as we treat the admins

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 23:02:05
And you suggest to kill their internet connection? That would have worked fifteen years ago, but this day and age the internet is alike a second society. Doesn't work that easy.

it was a dumb joke

Lary

Quote from: Rainy-Chan on 2012 Jun 09, 23:05:55
if they dont know any better then why do their parents even let them go unwatched online? All im asking for is to get treated with the same respect as we treat the admins

This is a board about My Little Pony. Most parents would have assumed it's a safe site, and it's the moderator team's job to keep it that way. If something bad happens because of this website, then not only are the admins to blame, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro, who OWNS My Little Pony, will hear from it as well.

You want Hasbro to go all Derpy Hooves on this entire project?

Explolguy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 23:08:31

This is a board about My Little Pony. Most parents would have assumed it's a safe site, and it's the moderator team's job to keep it that way.

You want Hasbro to go all Derpy Hooves on this entire project?

It's actually the parents' job to monitor what their children post if they are under the age of thirteen. Just pointing that out.

Lary

Quote from: Explolguy on 2012 Jun 09, 23:09:12
It's actually the parents' job to monitor what their children post if they are under the age of thirteen. Just pointing that out.

Implying all parents raise their children properly.

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jun 09, 23:10:34 #27 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 23:12:20 by Chishio Kunrin
RAINY. The fact is, some people underestimate the trouble that kids can get into on the Internet regardless of how much they're told about "bad people" on the Internet. This hits close to home for me, considering that my parents' friend's daughter, who's in elementary school, ended up doing some really bad things she shouldn't have on the Internet, chatting with some teenaged men who were quite likely very bad.

I hate to think what could've happened to her if her mother hadn't found out she had been doing such things and hiding these things she was doing. Sometimes people do need to look out for when younger people are doing things like that because they may not think that what they're doing is dangerous.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Des Monty

I'm chatting with SweBow personally about this problem, it'll be resolved shortly, I'm sure of it :P

Tiger

Hey, guys, not ALL children under 13 are that dumb.
Hint hint...
<------
-.-

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Explolguy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 23:09:48
Quote from: Explolguy on 2012 Jun 09, 23:09:12

Implying all parents raise their children properly.

Just saying, it's not the moderators job to raise someone else's child properly.

Lary

Quote from: Explolguy on 2012 Jun 09, 23:12:35
Just saying, it's not the moderators job to raise someone else's child properly.

It isn't, but it's why we can't have nice things.
The last thing I want to see is a C&D from Hasbro.

SweBow

We do show respect. I mean, we could just lock this forum up if we wish. But right now, you aren't showing respect. Specially by swearing that is indeed a bannable offence. (Even though I rather wish to edit).

Let me point out. We're building a game, a MMORPG in fact. To be suitable for all ages. How many other games have you found that have that?

Yet, I must even point out we're doing all this for free, with our own money, with our own freetime and people thank us by doing this? When we clearly try to be even helpful and protective not only with us, the law and parents. But users also.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jun 09, 23:12:15
Hey, guys, not ALL children under 13 are that dumb.
Hint hint...
<------
-.-

Not all, but some are naive and too curious for their own good. x3 And they think that what they're getting into isn't dangerous at all.

Also, it seems that people don't realize that kids tend to be private about what they do on the Internet. I'm 19, I don't do bad or even perverse things on the Internet, and I still feel awkward about my mom taking a peek at what I spend my time on.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

McSleuthburger

@Cutiebone: Please stop for now

@Des Monty: remember what I said before, we dont do anything without reason so if something is changed/altered or gone we feel that it is overall better for the community that the change has happened

so we are not going to sit here and explain every change on the forum that we make, we cant notify every user if they did something negative, for the most part if something is deleted it is because we deemed it to not be beneficial to the community and we will immediate action to fix the problem

@Rainy-Chan: Please watch the language, you know better that to do that

and to all remember

http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.msg168555#new

this especially
0-2.) We have the final say - While these rules cover the most common situations, there are situations, and circumstances where they do not. As such, we reserve the right to take any action that we deem necessary to ensure that the game, and forum rules are not disputed or abused in any way. We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates these rules.
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Lary

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jun 09, 23:15:17
We do show respect. I mean, we could just lock this forum up if we wish. But right now, you aren't showing respect. Specially by swearing that is indeed a bannable offence. (Even though I rather wish to edit).

Let me point out. We're building a game, a MMORPG in fact. To be suitable for all ages. How many other games have you found that have that?

Yet, I must even point out we're doing all this for free, with our own money, with our own freetime and people thank us by doing this? When we clearly try to be even helpful and protective not only with us, the law and parents. But users also.

I still can't stop reading your posts in your epically booming voice.

Des Monty

2012 Jun 09, 23:18:54 #36 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 23:20:46 by Des Monty
Alright, well things have been sorted out now thanks to the lovely SweBow. The reason why this forum is not allowed to let people post pictures is because of a law called COPPA (Found here: http://www.coppa.org/coppa.htm) It's a funky law but that's sadly what we have to deal with seeing as we're a forum of ALL ages (this counts the game as well obviously)

As for the notifications and all it's just something they haven't had time to get to seeing as the game is their top priority.

I'm going to leave the forum open for a minute or so then close it.

Lary

Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 23:18:54
As for the notifications and all it's just something they haven't had time to get to seeing as the game is their top priority.

Well... wasn't that what the Moderation recruitment was for?

Des Monty

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 23:20:22
Quote from: Des Monty on 2012 Jun 09, 23:18:54

Well... wasn't that what the Moderation recruitment was for?

I'll talk with some admins about getting that worked out. If anything I'll find the add-on for them to use to automatically let the original poster know why they had their thread removed.

Explolguy

Hurr durr Coppa nobody realized it.

Go Up