New download section on main page :3

Started by Biscuit Bun, 2012 Apr 29, 13:08:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lord of Madness

when i first saw it i was like

well i know its not out yet... but lets get my hopes up...

*CLICK*

Link

So, probably not any playing at all till at least beta, and that's not till December/next summer....Let the thumb twiddling begin!  ovO
[CENTER][/CENTER]

videogamehunter

Princess DarkNight

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 May 08, 01:43:12
@Zygrograxgra: Your right, but I still feel we shouldn't put memes on the main webpages personally

@Princess DarkNight: watch the smiley spam

@Sketch: I have no idea...

I an terribly sorry about the smiley spam! It's so not royality like!
But i am quite excited!

BTW everyone Princess DarkNight is a alicorn pony and i made her up she is celestia's, luna's and cadence's cousin so when she married Shining Armor, she became related to twilight just to let all of y'all know   :3

Blues-Music

Quote from: Princess DarkNight on 2012 May 25, 20:08:01
@Zygrograxgra: Your right, but I still feel we shouldn't put memes on the main webpages personally

But i am quite excited!

BTW everyone Princess DarkNight is a alicorn pony and i made her up she is celestia's, luna's and cadence's cousin so when she married Shining Armor, she became related to twilight just to let all of y'all know   :3
Cadence isn't one of the sisters its either cadence or luna or celestia.
Dont you think that O.C is a little too op?Your alicorn royalty related to the mane royalty ,and one pony from the mane six that saved equestria a few times.

Princess DarkNight

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 May 26, 01:03:05

But i am quite excited!

Dont you think that O.C is a little too op?Your alicorn royalty related to the mane royalty ,and one pony from the mane six that saved equestria a few times.

I'm writing a fic abut two humans becoming canterlot royalty :3

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Princess DarkNight on 2012 Jun 15, 18:59:49

But i am quite excited!

*sigh* list of things not to do when making oc's:

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind
Crucially related to mane characters in any way
Fantastically better than the common pony in any way

Please refer to original character discussion board for more things to do and not to do when making oc's.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 20:09:34

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

Please refer to original character discussion board for more things to do and not to do when making oc's.

I have an alicorn OC who is related to the princess', but she screwed up horribly and ran away. Will I get hate for it?

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: show

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

"Pfft, like you can put me down for that! I'm gonna be an awesome hero one day! *Starts flying and doing loops* WOOOOHOOOO-- *Crashes facefirst into a tree* ... Okay. Maybe I have a long way to go."

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 15, 21:23:22

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

I have an alicorn OC who is related to the princess', but she screwed up horribly and ran away. Will I get hate for it?
hate, no.  Criticisms of being a mary sue godmodder, yes.  Now, i am saying this as a roleplayer.  As a side character in a fanfic, she would work if written correctly.  BUT.  As a main character, she would mainly be a mary sue.  Readers generally like reading about ponies they can relate to, point at and say "that could be me standing there".  They can't really relate as well to a demigod royal with uberawesome powers of omnipotent awesomeness.
And in games, aside from Pony Cosmology (which you are welcome to join), such god-tier players are likewise frowned upon, since they break the story by being effectively invincible.  That is, every fight becomes a giant free "i win" event, which is generally not anywhere near as fun as seeing conflict and vulnerabilities.
Now, as an NPC, she might work also.  A quest giver, a GM, etc.  But as a player, generally speaking, overpowered.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 15, 21:25:31

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

"Pfft, like you can put me down for that! I'm gonna be an awesome hero one day! *Starts flying and doing loops* WOOOOHOOOO-- *Crashes facefirst into a tree* ... Okay. Maybe I have a long way to go."
i meant fantastically better in a power sort of way x3 attitude wise, being arrogant is a relatable personality trait that often builds depth.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 22:06:38

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

hate, no.  Criticisms of being a mary sue godmodder, yes.  Now, i am saying this as a roleplayer.  As a side character in a fanfic, she would work if written correctly.  BUT.  As a main character, she would mainly be a mary sue.  Readers generally like reading about ponies they can relate to, point at and say "that could be me standing there".  They can't really relate as well to a demigod royal with uberawesome powers of omnipotent awesomeness.
And in games, aside from Pony Cosmology (which you are welcome to join), such god-tier players are likewise frowned upon, since they break the story by being effectively invincible.  That is, every fight becomes a giant free "i win" event, which is generally not anywhere near as fun as seeing conflict and vulnerabilities.
Now, as an NPC, she might work also.  A quest giver, a GM, etc.  But as a player, generally speaking, overpowered.

She stopped using her powers. If I ever decide to write a fanfic with her (Pffftthhh, why should I?) she would be completely vulnerable. She would lose in a fight, all by her own want. She doesn't like winning anything. And she screws up on a lot of stuff. SHE IS NOT A MARY SUE! I hate when ponies think that everypony treats their alicorn OC's like they're flawless gods.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 15, 22:23:47

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

She stopped using her powers. If I ever decide to write a fanfic with her (Pffftthhh, why should I?) she would be completely vulnerable. She would lose in a fight, all by her own want. She doesn't like winning anything. And she screws up on a lot of stuff. SHE IS NOT A MARY SUE! I hate when ponies think that everypony treats their alicorn OC's like they're flawless gods.
i understand that you generally wouldn't play her that way, but that would be the first impression, and merely having the potential is often a sort of beserk button for some ponies.

Personally, i really don't mind, and in fact welcome players traditionally seen as "overpowered" (justifiably or not) to participate in my rps.  But i know there's others on here that do mind no matter how you play her, and that's why i'm informing you. X3

(Actually, some even think Fluttershy is mary sue. Go figure.)

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 22:55:15

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

i understand that you generally wouldn't play her that way, but that would be the first impression, and merely having the potential is often a sort of beserk button for some ponies.

Personally, i really don't mind, and in fact welcome players traditionally seen as "overpowered" (justifiably or not) to participate in my rps.  But i know there's others on here that do mind no matter how you play her, and that's why i'm informing you. X3

FS is waaay to shy to be a Mary Sue, in my opinion. And thank you for the heads up.

Chishio Kunrin

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

i meant fantastically better in a power sort of way x3 attitude wise, being arrogant is a relatable personality trait that often builds depth.

Yep, 'twas a joke. ^-^ Flash Strike wants to be more than just a common pony.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 15, 23:01:38
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jun 15, 22:55:15

But i am quite excited!

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

FS is waaay to shy to be a Mary Sue, in my opinion. And thank you for the heads up.
no problem ^-^ and if you want to try rping her in a story based game where ponies won't argue and all, you're always welcome to join Pony Cosmology ^-^
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jun 15, 23:18:52

Human in equestria
Self insert
Demigod/god
Ruler of any kind

Yep, 'twas a joke. ^-^ Flash Strike wants to be more than just a common pony.

yeah, i could tell it was a joke, but just clarifying for the ponies who might not get the subtext x3

Go Up