General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jul 11, 12:50:04
I was intending to use an online calculator to figure it out immediately after the battle/finding the HP type, before saving.  It's how I got my (mostly) good Latias, which was a grand old chore thanks to so much dialogue before and after encountering her, plus not being able to control her nature.  I'll wager there's quite a bit of dialogue after catching Kyogre, but at least I'll have a much better rate for finding the right nature thanks to my Modest Synchronize Kadabra.

I also use stat calculators after catching Legendaries (well... Pokémon you can interact with in general), but sometimes the IVs listed aren't accurate. This obviously isn't a problem if you have tons of Rare Candies, though.

Anyway, good luck! (P.S. If you decide to go after Brave instead, I'll lend you my Gardevoir.)

Spoiler: EDIT: 99,999 Coins IS the max you can reach on Shuffle • show

EDIT 2:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon the movie XY

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the first imagery from the movie trailer for the third Pokémon XY movie which is due for release next year. This imagery comes from a trailer that airs after the newest movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages which is set to open in Japan on Saturday and showcases a silhouette of a mysterious Pokémon. Details of this movie remain unclear, but we'll bring more as and when it comes.

Spoiler: Images • show

EDIT 3: Mega Lucario makes another return on Shuffle, making this the third time it's shown up ever since the game has been first released. Once again, the stage is Moves-based, and the top 15,000 players in Europe, 30,000 players in North America and 65,000 players in Japan will earn a Lucarionite, or 2 Jewels if you have already earned one. If you don't rank in the top amounts, you will earn 1 Jewel instead.

Also, the next competition is said to be Mega Blaziken, so be prepared for that.

EDIT 4: (Mega) Blaziken has been announced for Pokkén Tournament. Here's the official trailer:

If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Stardust Dragon

2015 Jul 17, 21:56:57 #641 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 17, 21:59:32 by Stardust Dragon
So I've begun the hunt for your Kyogre.  After OHKOing it once with Mega Sceptile and nearly suffering a party wipe a second time, I chose to just catch it in the Master Ball.  I'll inform you when I get a Modest, Ground HP type.  Are you interested in a nickname or preference for IVs?  If it starts taking too long IVs are going out the window, but I presume a max-SpAtk IV is preferred?

Also, the music for soaring...oh my Luna I'm so glad I waited to hear it in game.  :')  I'm gonna have so much fun with that mechanic after this is all over!  :D

Rikaria

Special Attack takes first priority, Speed is second. I'm not asking you to try to get both, but if it somehow manages to happen, then yay :D

Oh, and no nickname. Thanks again!

KirbyFluttershy

I heard hoopa is becoming a tradeable pokemon, but I dunno what are the risks in getting them from a trade except for some ridiculous trade offers though.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon - New Pokémon?

Today in Japan, the latest Pokémon movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages, opened and within it, according to our envoy and close friend to the site, Gin who just saw the movie, there was something new appearing in it. She describes it as being bright green with one eye larger than the other. During the trailer for next years movie, its eye looked through the O of the word Pokémon and then it blobbed about. This was then followed by the large new Pokémon silhouette revealed on July 12th. Gin has kindly provided a few possible sketches of this Pokémon, but it is likely to differ greatly. It of course could still be an alternate form, a weird separated part of a new form of an existing Pokémon or something completely new, but it remains to be seen. We'll bring full details of this as and when it comes so keep checking back.

Edit @ 07:51: Gin kindly did another image to demonstrate how it appeared and further show what it may look like.

Spoiler: Images • show

LostSanity

2015 Jul 18, 13:41:06 #645 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 18, 17:50:09 by LaptopBrony
Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jul 18, 13:24:28

Why in the hay is Gen VII coming already?!

There isn't even a third Kalos game yet for Celestia's sake!!

I'm sorry, but, this just makes absolutely no sense to me at all. There is absolutely no reason for this whatsoever.

>:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

We don't know FOR SURE if it's Gen 7; for all we know, it could be something like a new Forme of a current Pokémon.

We also don't know if we'll ever get a 3rd Kalos game, either.

KirbyFluttershy

I agree with rikaria. We can't jump into conclusions about the next gen of pokemon just yet. We have to wait till they're announced from japan first so we can get some more information and not to mention nintendo direct (considering who's doing direct videos from this point on) as well.

besides we have pokemon mystery dungeon that's coming up next as well.

LostSanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jul 18, 13:51:00
We don't know FOR SURE if it's Gen 7; for all we know, it could be something like a new Forme of a current Pokémon.

We also don't know if we'll ever get a 3rd Kalos game, either.

EVERY "Generation" of Pokemon got another game.

Kanto: Yellow
Johto: Crystal
Hoenn: Emerald
Sinnoh: Platinum
Unova: Black 2/White 2

Therefore logic dictates that Kalos should get one too.

The Melody of Logic always plays the Notes of Truth.

:s

Rikaria

2015 Jul 18, 15:08:22 #649 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 18, 17:21:00 by Rikaria
Even if Z (or whatever they'll use) does eventually come out, it's too soon. I'd expect it sometime next year at earliest. And by next year, I mean the same date as X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire's release: during fall/autumn.

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

Several Pokémon Shuffle event stages are soon to get a repeat run. These Pokémon are the Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza stages and will run after the Arceus event stage ends. From July 24th to July 31st and again from August 14th to August 21st, the Kyogre stage will run. From July 31st to August 7th and again from August 21st to August 28th, the Groudon Stage will be running and from August 7th to August 14th and again from August 28th to September 4th, the Rayquaza stage will run.

LostSanity

Alright.

I'll try to wait for more info then and just hope it's not Gen 7.

Because if you're going to say it's too early for the next Kalos game, then that means it's way too early for Gen 7.

:s

Rikaria

2015 Jul 18, 19:33:50 #651 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 19, 09:25:30 by Rikaria
Honestly, I'm expecting Gen 7 in 2017.

EDIT:
Quote from: SerebiiFollowing the surprise appearance of what may be a new Pokémon and/or form, more people have been able to see the movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages and due to this, thanks to another friend of mine, we have a far more accurate sketch of it now which differs slightly from the original ones we had yesterday. It includes elements that were lost previously on it including a red stomach. Of course, there is still likely to be some discrepencies between the sketch and the actual design but this is a close approximation. Also, the massive Pokémon shown in CoroCoro that's also in the trailer has pulsating hexagons in the trailer around its body. It's not currently known when these Pokémon/forms will be completely revealed with official art and screenshots, but when it is, we'll post it here as soon as it comes.

Spoiler: Image • show

KirbyFluttershy

I heard the reports of hoopa being a hacked pokemon so apparently to tell if hoopa is a hacked pokemon, you can probably tell by the ribbon and the pokeball prototype so be sure to check for those. Well I did hear this stuff from the pokemon trading facebook group if that's proof enough.

Here's a warning from the pokemon global news facebook group

QuoteAs most of you know, the Hoopa event is available in Japan

Any Hoopa received by GTS and Wonder Trade are not Legit since event Pokémon comes with a Ribbon that do not allow that type of trading. Even if the person uses Action Replay and take out the ribbon the Hoopa will not be considered legit

If any person is caught in competition or tournament with a hack Hoopa you can be expelled from future competitions.

Just a little warning

Yeah so do a check on ribbon and pokeball prototype to see if it's legit or not when negotiating with the traders. I love to get my hands on hoopa, but I'll see if I can get my brother to get one for me from japan although I think it can only be obtained once, but not sure if it applies to X/Y too.

Rikaria

Spoiler: Shuffle 1.2.8 news • show
[quote=Serebii]If you were one of the lucky 110,000 (15,000 players in Europe, 30,000 players in North America and 65,000 in Japan) players worldwide who ranked in the Mega Lucario competitive stage over the past week, then the Lucarionite is now available to be received. If you already received it before this stage but qualified, then you will get 2 Jewels. If you didn't qualify, then you can redeem a Jewel. To get these items, simply Check In between now and July 27th 2015 at 06:00 UTC and you will receive the item.
___

A brand new challenge has begun on Pokémon Shuffle. This challenge is a timed one and has the top 12,000 players in Europe, 20,000 players in North America and 50,000 players in Japan earn a Blazikenite for their Mega Blaziken. If you are in the Top 16,000 in Europe, 25,000 in North America, or 65,000 in Japan you get a Complexity-1 and top 4,000 in Europe, 6,000 in North America or 15,000 in Japan, you also get a Mega Speedup. If you don't rank in the top amounts, you will earn a Jewel. It runs from today, July 20th 2015 to July 27th at 05:00 UTC.
___

A brand new challenge has begun. This challenge provides you access to the Pokémon Cresselia. It runs from today, July 20th 2015 to August 3rd at 06:00 UTC. This event is an Escalation Battle which has increase in difficulty and rewards as you beat it more, and also makes it easier to catch Cresselia the higher the stage's level. At Level 5 you get Moves +5, Level 10 a Disruption Delay, Level 30 a Mega Start and Level 50 a Mega Speedup.
___

A brand new challenge has begun. This challenge provides you access to the Pokémon Wobbuffet. It runs from today, July 20th 2015 to August 15th at 06:00 UTC. This event is one where you don't need to pay to use any items in order to capture the Pokémon and items will be added each Monday. Today is Mega Start, on July 27 Disruption Delay is added, on August 3rd Attack Power Up is added and on August 10th, Complexity -1 is added.
___

A new batch of Daily Pokémon stages have begun. These Pokémon change each weekday and run from today to August 1st at 06:00 UTC . The Pokémon are: Girafarig, Shuckle, Kecleon, Relicanth and Spiritomb.[/quote]
I should mention that the daily Pokémon they listed are returning ones.

Spoiler: EDIT: <UPDATED!> Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire news • show
[quote=Serebii]For those of you in North America and Europe, it has been announced that, for a short period between July 24th 2015 and July 27th 2015, you'll be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie to your Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games through the internet via the Nintendo Network. This Diancie comes with the moves Diamond Storm, Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Protect.
___

For those of you who are attending Gamescom in Germany from August 5th to August 9th, several new Serial Code events have been announced. At Gamescom, you will receive a code card that gives you access to 2 Pokémon. These Pokémon are selected by Game Freak Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto, competitive ready and are the following: Aromatisse with Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Disable, and Moonblast while holding the Babiri Berry and the ability Aroma Veil; Malamar with Superpower, Knock Off, Facade, and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the item Assault Vest, and the ability Contrary; Sableye with the moves Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and Shadow Ball with the item Sablenite and the ability Prankster; and Bouffalant with the moves Head Charge, Facade, Earthquake and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the Choice Band item, and the ability Soundproof.[/quote]

Spoiler: EDIT 2: Pokémon Global Link (all Gen 6 games) news • show
[quote=Serebii]The Summer Campaign sale has for the PokéMileage Shop on the Global Link has begun. This campaign runs until August 4th. During this, every item redeemable in the PokéMileage Shop will be obtainable for 50% of the standard PokéMiles, for example a Heart Scale will cost 50 PokéMiles rather than the usual 100. In addition to this, for the duration of the campaign, you'll be able to purchase the rare Ability Capsule item. This item allows for you to change the ability of your Pokémon if the species has 2 standard abilities. It will cost 5000 PokéMiles. Also during this, it will cost 50% of the price to enter an attraction. Spend them while you can![/quote]

Featherdust418

Yaaay Pokemon~ why am I only just finding this now? XD I love most video games... but Pokemon will always be one of my favorite franchises ^-^ I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)

Rikaria

Quote from: SerebiiPokémon Shuffle - Events

For those of you worldwide with Pokémon Shuffle, the next Passcode has been officially released through Pokémon Get☆TV in Japan. This code gives you a special gift of 1 Mega Start item which makes your Mega Evolution-capable Pokémon Mega Evolve instantly. This code is usable worldwide and runs until August 21, 2015, so be sure to use it while you can. The code is: 07072405

KirbyFluttershy

did any of you guys have a problem getting blazikenite in pokemon shuffle? cuz i didn't seem to get mine plus the reward.

Rikaria

I was actually gonna post about that.

Quote from: SerebiiAn official note has been posted about the error. If you checked in before 06:11 UTC, then you wouldn't receive the Mega Stone for Blaziken, as well as any other prizes obtained. It states that if you check in from 06:00 UTC on July 28th, you should receive the Mega Stone and other prizes. If you checked in after 06:11 UTC today, you should receive the gifts with no issues.

KirbyFluttershy

Yeah I guess that explains. I checked in too early, but the other people got theirs within that time. I should've waited for a few mins to get my rewards.

Sakura_Blossom

*waits for super mystery dungeon*

Go Up