General Pokémon Thread [Sun & Moon are out!]

Started by Rikaria, 2014 May 07, 10:23:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 22, 12:06:48
All that breeding for nothing... X3 Actually, it doesn't matter to me. I didn't have anything else to do.

For those who still wanted the ones I've bred, I'll give them to you.

But you did breed them with perfect IV's! That's something.  X3

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

True. And as far as I know, the event ones don't even start with any unless you're lucky *tried last night*.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

LostSanity

So... thanks to being persistent... I caught Groudon.

I don't intend on using it though.

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

It had a high capture rate, anyway. It's just a matter of what Nature you want, really (only if you cared about that kinda thing, I mean).

GoldenTerrabyte

I never really cared about Natures, because Stat Raising drinks :P
I'm back

Rikaria

Natures affect which stats get boosted and dropped  by 10% (if any; there are five "neutral" Natures as well).  It may seem minor early on, but at Lv 100 (especially if you do EV training), there's a significant difference. It's not important for the story, but if you ever decide to do stuff like Battle Maison, you'll really need to keep Natures in mind.

EDIT: Here's some details about Pokkén Tournament.

Spoiler: show
Seeing Suicune was a definite highlight for me.

LostSanity

I'm assuming it's a pipe dream to hope that I'll be able to play Pokken Tournament on the 3DS?

I don't have a Wii U and I'm not getting one just for one game. That's stupid and annoying. IMO of course.

:s

Rikaria

It all depends on how well the game does in Japan's arcades.

EDIT: Done with both trades!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 25, 15:19:18
It all depends on how well the game does in Japan's arcades.

EDIT: Done with both trades!

And once again thank you for your dedicated breeding!  x3  I think since I'm not that enthused to use a Reckless Emboar, I'll just pick up the code version of it and be done with it, in case I ever decide to make one.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 25, 17:31:04
And once again thank you for your dedicated breeding!  x3  I think since I'm not that enthused to use a Reckless Emboar, I'll just pick up the code version of it and be done with it, in case I ever decide to make one.

Yea, me too. Emboar is not a favorite of mine, I'll just get it myself. I don't want to bother Rikaria with it. Honestly, I'd never use that Poke anyways.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

KirbyFluttershy

I think it's been a long time that we haven't talked about pokemon mystery dungeon. The series was pretty good to me even though I like explorers better. Gates to Infinity was pretty much tough in terms of the difficulty. I hope we get gen6 pokemon Mystery Dungeon someday.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

2015 Jan 25, 21:33:35 #311 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 25, 21:39:19 by Rikaria
Time/Darkness/Sky will forever be the most emotional set of Mystery Dungeon games for me, both story- and music-wise. Gates to Infinity lacked in the story side in my opinion, but it had some nice music.

I really hope there will be a Wii U version at one point, especially considering the fact that Japan had WiiWare ones that never came over here. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they just ported those instead (translated, of course).

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 25, 21:33:35
Time/Darkness/Sky will forever be the most emotional set of Mystery Dungeon games for me, both story- and music-wise. Gates to Infinity lacked in the story side in my opinion, but it had some nice music.

I really hope there will be a Wii U version at one point, especially considering the fact that Japan had WiiWare ones that never came over here. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they just ported those instead (translated, of course).

I never played Time/Darkness/Sky, but I've watched someone Let's Play it.  Not as impacting if the characters aren't yours.

I did however play through Mystery Dungeon Blue, and that one hit me like a ton of bricks.  I agree that the story for T/D/S was better, but I can't discount Red/Blue's music and the emotional impact it left on my childhood.

...that game came out in 2006.  Sweet Luna I feel old now  lol

Rikaria

My first Pokémon game was a friend's Red then I got my own Yellow, and I've been watching the show ever since Season 1 when it first came out over here. -I- feel old... X3

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 25, 22:28:12
My first Pokémon game was a friend's Red then I got my own Yellow, and I've been watching the show ever since Season 1 when it first came out over here. -I- feel old... X3

Yeah, I started off with Blue I think the same year it came out in the US.  Gathered quite a few games since then, at least one a "set".  I distinctly remember getting my dad to drive us quite a long way to get to the 10 year anniversary tour where I picked up my first Celebi...and that was in 2006!  Technically by that point I'd been a trainer only 8 years, but still...old.

Rikaria

For me, I didn't get my first event Legendary till Ruby/Sapphire; how I managed to get an Eon Ticket back then is still beyond me (I kid you not, I found the e-Reader card for it just lying down on the ground).

LostSanity

I forgot to mention yesterday that I also caught Ho-Oh.

:o

I almost caught it on my first Ultra Ball throw, but it came after the 3rd shake. I eventually caught it regardless.

Yay?

Rikaria

Kinda forgot about this, but seeing as it probably won't really matter to some of you... Well anyway, Reckless Emboar is now live. The Mystery Gift serial code for it is POKEMON500.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jan 28, 19:27:26
I forgot to mention yesterday that I also caught Ho-Oh.

:o

I almost caught it on my first Ultra Ball throw, but it came after the 3rd shake. I eventually caught it regardless.

Yay?

For sure a yay, nice catch!  Ho-oh's one of those Pokémon with the lowest possible catch rate, so it's going to be a trick catching it with anything short of a Master Ball.  I've seen a few lucky guys (read: nutcases) going after Legendaries with really weak balls or at nearly full health and catch them: responses are generally in the realm of disbelief and super excitement at something that crazy working out.

My Platinum cartridge arrived yesterday after my dad mailed it to my dorm room; now I can try and get a Tropius to learn Twister so I can breed it onto the special-attack based Snivy I'm working on.  Problem is I sold all of my shards and need to find 6 red, 2 greens to pay the the tutor.  To the underground I go, I guess!

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jan 29, 09:16:57
Kinda forgot about this, but seeing as it probably won't really matter to some of you... Well anyway, Reckless Emboar is now live. The Mystery Gift serial code for it is POKEMON500.

Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna have to grab that one.  Is there an end date for those codes posted, by chance?

Rikaria

2015 Jan 29, 18:58:40 #319 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 30, 11:49:21 by Rikaria
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Jan 29, 17:47:02
Thanks for reminding me, I'm gonna have to grab that one.  Is there an end date for those codes posted, by chance?

I'm usually up-to-date about most things, so anything you see on the first post of this thread is usually accurate.

To actually answer your question: the serial codes for all three of the Hidden Ability Gen 5 "starters" will last until November 30, 2015. Also, Samurott's code won't be distributed till Pokémon.com's February newsletter, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the same code as Japan's. Either way, I don't think it's live at the moment.

EDIT: Out of complete boredom, I updated all of my QR Codes.

Go Up