What do you fear?

Started by Captain0Ron, 2012 Jul 07, 13:31:46

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Captain0Ron

I am doing a small project on fear, and I would love to hear what you all fear most.
And I don't mean things like spiders or snakes. For example, What I fear the most is the inability to control what is happening.
(Feel free to have more than one fear)
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Crystal Chaos

My baby brother's health.  >.< Being around trees in the dark, I had a night terror where I was in the forest at night and a hooded figure was walking around while a bird sang eerily. That exact thing happened one night when I was getting my cat inside.

hyper drive [HD]

if i had to fear something it would well actually i dont fear that much. im not even afraid to die. but i guess cougars.

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Jul 07, 13:40:32
if i had to fear something it would well actually i dont fear that much. im not even afraid to die. but i guess cougars.

I've seen some cougars that I could punch and they probably run away. I don't fear much as long as I have my .22 rifle.

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jul 07, 13:42:28
Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Jul 07, 13:40:32

I've seen some cougars that I could punch and they probably run away. I don't fear much as long as I have my .22 rifle.

i just watched a documentary and one also ate my horse so ya :(

Book Smarts

Use to fear spiders, I learned to conquer it with a shoe or just leaving it be  :')

DrizzleMutt

Sea Foam

I believe I have a phobia of giant human faces/heads, disembodied or not. I say this because nothing in my entire life, not a single thing, has terrified me more than the moon from Majora's Mask. That thing, essentially, traumatized the entirety of my childhood; to this day I still have the occasional nightmare about it.

It just looms over you the whole game, staring at you with that look of hatred; Even when you go inside, you have a nice clock to tell you that it's still getting closer. Then at the end, when you call the four giants.... That's easily the most horrifying moment of my entire life.

Normally when something scares me, I apply real world logic to it, and that normally helps. But you can't apply logic to that moon, the whole concept is illogical in itself; I can't trust that it abides by what I perceive to be correct physics, it's a massive irate face that wants to crash into you for no reason other than the fun of it.

I'm sorry I ranted a bit there, but I could go on for hours about the rest of Majora's Mask and how it reduces my sanity to a puddle.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

ChilledEagle

Insects (Don't care what type they're all gross)
Natural Disasters
Heights
And almost anything really.

lurk852

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 07, 14:52:35
I believe I have a phobia of giant human faces/heads, disembodied or not. I say this because nothing in my entire life, not a single thing, has terrified me more than the moon from Majora's Mask. That thing, essentially, traumatized the entirety of my childhood; to this day I still have the occasional nightmare about it.

It just looms over you the whole game, staring at you with that look of hatred; Even when you go inside, you have a nice clock to tell you that it's still getting closer. Then at the end, when you call the four giants.... That's easily the most horrifying moment of my entire life.

Normally when something scares me, I apply real world logic to it, and that normally helps. But you can't apply logic to that moon, the whole concept is illogical in itself; I can't trust that it abides by what I perceive to be correct physics, it's a massive irate face that wants to crash into you for no reason other than the fun of it.

I'm sorry I ranted a bit there, but I could go on for hours about the rest of Majora's Mask and how it reduces my sanity to a puddle.

Just one of the many reasons Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games.  :]

As for me, I'm just going to say "the internet". Almost all of it.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Sea Foam

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 07, 15:02:00
Quote from: Sea Foam on 2012 Jul 07, 14:52:35

Just one of the many reasons Majora's Mask is one of my favorite games.  :]

As for me, I'm just going to say "the internet". Almost all of it.

I agree, it quite possibly IS my favorite game because of the effect it's had on me. Games don't do that often, especially at that magnitude.

Anyway, I fear the thought that the events of the story: "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" may happen one day. :x

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

I fear falling. Any time I'm somewhere high up and I'm afraid, that's what it boils down to - falling. I figured it out when I realized I'm only scared when there's a possibility that I could fall from that height, so I stay away from the edge.

As such, I hate, hate, despise those towers that have glass flooring along the walls. Every time I look at someone, even if it's a photo, standing on that glass and staring out the window, I just wanna scream "Are you crazy?!!!" Even if I'm reassured that the glass won't break, I'd be terrified to look down because it'd look like I'm standing on air. :c

Also, I sometimes panic when I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It freaks me out, and depending on what the situation is, I may get frustrated, cry, or both.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Iron Girella

I fear dying, but only when i haven't said all i wanted to (like to my friends), or doing what i wanted to  :'(

In another way, i fear the changing of status quo of the planet, like some epic war start or epic cataclism happens, or aliens comes D: But in some way, i would like the last option ...  :')
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

lurk852

Quote from: Iron Girella on 2012 Jul 07, 19:38:43
I fear dying, but only when i haven't said all i wanted to (like to my friends), or doing what i wanted to  :'(

The possibility of dying without stuff left unsaid used to scare me too. Easy fix: write (but don't send) a bunch of letters, then leave them in the care of someone you really trust, with instructions to distribute in case of untimely demise.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Mr.Darkling

But no seriously, BEES...and wasps...
I hate those things.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Lord of Madness

ONLY wasps... bees are your friends who love you... wasps just want to hurt things...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 07, 20:00:26
ONLY wasps... bees are your friends who love you... wasps just want to hurt things...

Bees are fluffy little visitors who make delicious yummy honey. :3 But I'm still nervous around them.

Africanized Bees, though. They need to go extinct. :/ Vicious little things. They actually kill people for little to no reason.

For some reason, tall people make me nervous. That's kinda bad considering I'm about 5'0".

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 07, 20:05:36
Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 07, 20:00:26

Bees are fluffy little visitors who make delicious yummy honey. :3 But I'm still nervous around them.

Africanized Bees, though. They need to go extinct. :/ Vicious little things. They actually kill people for little to no reason.

For some reason, tall people make me nervous. That's kinda bad considering I'm about 5'0".

I like to sit out on the porch and watch the wood bees smack their head against my porch  :3

Zygrograxgra

Bees wasps & hornets, fast objects, the dark, heights.
Oddly enough, not death.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Iron Girella

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jul 07, 19:48:05
Quote from: Iron Girella on 2012 Jul 07, 19:38:43

The possibility of dying without stuff left unsaid used to scare me too. Easy fix: write (but don't send) a bunch of letters, then leave them in the care of someone you really trust, with instructions to distribute in case of untimely demise.

you know that is the EXACT thing that i thought i could do?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dota2bronycommunity]Dota2 Brony Community Steam[/URL]         

Sign by Ritux ~ | Steam | You Tube

Go Up