Legends of Equestria in 2018: A Recap!

Started by Ellowee, 2018 Dec 31, 12:32:50

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2018 Dec 31, 12:32:50 Last Edit: 2019 Mar 06, 04:20:16 by Galapagois
Hey there, everypony!

First of all, from the entire LoE Team, A happy New Year to everypony!

To mark the end of 2018, we thought we'd have a little throwback to what has happened in-game and behind the scenes over the last 12 months, so here we go!

To start off our list we go to everypony's favourite season - winter - which has once again returned in-game, meaning you can see perhaps the biggest change in 2018's first update; a Ponydale covered in snow, and with even more flakes falling from the sky in some places!

Second on our list is something you all seem to enjoy a lot, seasonal costumes. Dressing up as a scary ghost, bat, mummy, and more; everyone had their joy with these spooky outfits. In our April Fools update, we also saw for the first time long requested All-icorn Upgrade! And lastly, we added another long-requested cosmetic item (and my personal favourite), scarves.

We also added more protective items over the year; not one, not two, but twelve new armor sets, all with special stats to make your pony powerful. And that doesn't even include the all-important wearable pots and pans.

To make it extra special, the latest armor to be added can even be colorized.

Next up, places to visit. As the world of Equestria grows, there will always be new locations to discover and explore! This year saw the addition and revamps of some maps; to start off we begin with the biggest addition, the Athamanes digsite.

Giving access to this long-forgotten dungeon, Athamanes is an ancient city recently uncovered, but for now the secrets below the city have yet to be uncovered. Watch this space!

While exploring long-forgotten ruins is a lot of fun, we can't forget the fact that ponies need to study; one of our updates also added the Ponydale schoolhouse.

And to round things out, we've got the classy Cantermore Gala Hall, for all your fancy functions. The perfect place for a ballroom blitz!

For our last recap element, we come to the backbone of the entire project: game mechanics. There have been a lot of changes and improvements in this area; the entire combat system has been revamped, and experience gain altered, to accommodate our original intentions, as well as new elements like the crafting system.

We also worked to make it easier for you to interact with players and items. Banks were added all around to give you extra storage, And the trading system that made it easy for you to conduct trades and gifts.

And of course, who could forget our decision to allow for the enabling of player collision? I think we can all agree that that was an unmitigated mistake.

It wasn't just the LoE team hard at work over 2018, though; this year saw a whole heap of exciting player-led events spread out all across the calendar! from birthday parties and weddings to seasonal contests like the Equestria Games, and everything in between (Summerween, Hearthswarming Helper, Nightmare Night, our Anniversary, and more roleplay events than I even have space to list), the LoE playerbase always has something exciting and surprising planned!

The 2019 Equestria Winter Games are apparently already in the planning stages, and we can't wait to see what else you guys come up with in the coming year!

This is by no means everything 2018 saw for LoE, just our personal highlights. It was definitely a productive and fun year for our team, and we hope you enjoyed everything we brought to life for you over the last 12 months! Don't worry, though, we still have plenty more to come in 2019, and there'll definitely be some new surprises along the way. Once again, we just want to thank you all for your support, and for the love you've shown us ever since this silly little project started all those years ago!

We hope you enjoyed this trip down LoE's memory lane and hope to see you again in 2019. Don't forget: "Pony should pony pony!"

Galapagois

2018 Dec 31, 12:33:41 #1 Last Edit: 2018 Dec 31, 13:25:15 by Galapagois
Many thanks to Woona for preparing this recap, and to everypony else on the team for their hard work all year; and a very special thanks to the players who have organised such amazing events for everyone to enjoy! We hope you all enjoyed LoE in 2018, and wish you the best for 2019!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

BludSpammd

I feel really proud over how much the team has accomplished! :D
To me it makes me happy the players enjoy the content the dev team produces.

Go Up