Is LoE still worth playing?

Started by Skylar Moon, 2018 Jun 07, 16:58:16

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Skylar Moon

I have finally come back to LoE since last playing in 2016 (?) and I must say that I expected more change. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed, it's just that it seems the same as it was back in 2016 and there hasn't been any improvements in my point of view. I am in no way trying to degrade the developers of LoE, however I deleted LoE already after playing for no more than 5 minutes because I just simply didn't know what to do. I get that this game is still in its early stages of development, but I may come back to it later when it has actually made progress. The question is, do you think I should continue to play LoE or wait?

Again, this is in no way made to hurt the devs, I'm just simply stating my opinion.

In case you're wondering (which you probably are), then my old account is called mlpgirl1182. I was around 11 then and much less mature, so I scrapped that account and created this one. I do miss my old ponies I used to have, and my old friends too. However, some change is good.
~Skylar Moon~

CMC Scootaloo

Quote from: Skylar Moon on 2018 Jun 07, 16:58:16I deleted LoE already after playing for no more than 5 minutes

5 minutes? I suggest looking around more, for at least a few hours. Check out the places, talk to the NPCs near you, ect.
There is a lot that got added to the game and 5 minutes is really not the time after which you can make a judgement like this.
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

valex44568

Even if there isn't as much added to the game as you would like, people in the community still do their best to make it worthwhile. There are weekly role playing events, a scary story rp hosted by Pumpkin Glow, not to mention the photo shoot events hosted by Even Tide, or the multitude of events hosted by Holiday Cheer, like the Grand Galloping Gala. All I'm saying is that you should stay for the community.

Even Tide

@Skylar Moon
While the game itself is in an awkward alpha-beta transition and updates are slow, a lot of people say that they stick around due to the social aspect. When you get involved in the community, you find a lot of us are incredibly tight-knit and look out for one-another.

Like Valex mentioned, lots of people including myself are constantly making plans for in-game social events, role-plays, photoshoots, etc... People even share their adventures and stories in game through screenshots they upload to forum threads. The game can be dead sometimes, as people have offline responsibilities to take care of, but if you look or plan for meet-ups you might find yourself enjoying things a little bit more.

The second biggest aspect of the game for me personally would be the exploration- there's a lot to find in LOE when you first start playing! Even now, since my time in-game from September, I'm discovering new little things almost weekly from play sessions. Although a lot of those things tend to be out-of-bounds glitches, shhh.

It's pretty much up to you to define your own adventure in this game. If you do pick up on things, feel free to say hello to us all sometime! But if not, that's alright too. It's not for everyone.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a fun time. ' v '

Go Up