Open Access Release Downloads Are Now Available!

Started by Ellowee, 2017 Sep 08, 19:15:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hey there, everypony!

The downloads for our Open Access Release are now available from our website's downloads page, so you can grab your copy of the game files,and you'll be ready for when the servers open tomorrow (September 10) at 00:01 EST!

Click here to download Legends of Equestria's Open Access Release!

Please note: some browsers might not trust our downloads, and label them as potentially dangerous. As long as you're only getting them from our downloads page, they should be safe to run, but be careful that you don't download files claiming to be LoE from anywhere else; we can't guarantee that they're safe! If you have trouble downloading the files, try searching for instructions on how to unblock downloads with your internet browser.

In addition, your operating system or antivirus software might also think LoE files are a risk. You may have to tell it to let the program run; again, try searching online for instructions on how to do this, depending on your operating system/security software!

Legends of Equestria is designed for Windows, MacOS, and Linux computers. To check if your computer will be able to run LoE, take a look at the details on our FAQ page!

We can't thank you all enough for following and supporting us on this journey so far, but remember, the Open Access Release is just the first step we'll be taking together! There's a lot more to come, so we hope you're all ready to explore Equestria together with us!

See you tomorrow!

EpicLPer

2017 Sep 09, 07:28:01 #1 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 09, 09:46:05 by EpicLPer
Oh boy, can't wait till someone crashes the servers again...

PS.: As always I'll provide some download mirrors on this page: http://loe.epiclper.com

Yugilover1

yay I got to download the game but I woke up before the link was even ready
I have seen My Little Pony from G1 to Present so keep on smiling my little bronies and here is the link to my oc picture that someone draw for me http://pre05.deviantart.net/cc77/th/pre/i/2015/315/a/4/yutem_as_an_alicorn_by_yugilover1-d9gcauy.jpg

Genisay

So, once you have the launcher downloaded, does it then download the game through that, or is the game just already downloaded along with it?  My launcher has some kind of green bar that keeps cycling, so I am not sure if that is a download sequence, or if it is 'searching' for the server.

Onyx Quill

Quote from: Genisay on 2017 Sep 09, 11:16:46So, once you have the launcher downloaded, does it then download the game through that, or is the game just already downloaded along with it?  My launcher has some kind of green bar that keeps cycling, so I am not sure if that is a download sequence, or if it is 'searching' for the server.

Game data is downloaded alongside it. It's all there, just waiting for the servers to come up.

I advise everyone to make sure they add exceptions to their antivirus for the .exe file. Mine was seeing it as a threat for some reason.
When you've walked my road and you've seen what I've seen,
You won't try to talk about your magic friends.
You'll know dang well why I have this glint in my eye.
And I won't cry beneath anypony's hoof again.
-Onyx Quill ((Inspired by "Mal's Song." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_btQs2Movo))

EpicLPer

2017 Sep 09, 12:41:02 #9 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 12, 09:24:34 by Princess Darcy
The Launcher is currently bugged and stuck in a loop, also the Mega Download is over capacity.

Use my download mirror if you want -Or don't cause no external links, rules plz-

I'll be providing more download hosters in a few hours, currently only hosting it on DropBox.

Stubbsville9588

2017 Sep 09, 12:58:52 #10 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 09, 13:04:07 by Stubbsville9588
Hey. Where can I request my name on here to be changed for the game? I don't use JHS905 anymore and most of my friends know me as Stubbsville9588.

Edit: Never mind. Found out how to do it.

djazz

2017 Sep 09, 13:00:42 #11 Last Edit: 2018 Jan 12, 09:25:12 by Princess Darcy Reason: Add Lutris screenshot
I have updated the -Or don't cause no external links, rules plz- installer for all the Linux gamers out there! Thank you for the Dropbox link EpicLPer!

-Or don't cause no external links, rules plz-

Lutris screenshot

I could make a Linux version of the Windows launcher, but I'd need to know how it works. I have made a launcher/updater for another pony Linux game; My Little Karaoke.

PaperCat

So, just for clarification, once the servers are up all I gotta do to play the game is double-click the file LoE-Launcher.exe, right? This is my first time play in an Open Access, so I'm still a little fuzzy on the details. I downloaded the LoE files from the Mega downloader, if that information is of any significance.

LPatamon

Good thing there is a Windows 32 full package download. The launcher only downloads the 64bit Windows version.

Deimoser

So excited to finally see Open-Access!  ^-^
it's whatever honestly ¯\_(^u^)_/¯

Alassë

So, is it 00:01 AM EST (eastern standard time) or EDT (eastern daylight time)? I'm trying to figure out what time I can get on over here on the US west coast. X3

Dark_Twilight

Quote from: ssumppg on 2017 Sep 09, 13:58:58So, is it 00:01 AM EST (eastern standard time) or EDT (eastern daylight time)? I'm trying to figure out what time I can get on over here on the US west coast. X3

The diffrence would be 1 hour either way. Why not aim for the middle then?

That would be 9.5h +- 30 min

EpicLPer

Stranger Wings

Will the old launcher work? I think, I have one from a couple of years back.
What is left after nuclear explosion? Dust.

Dark_Twilight

2017 Sep 09, 15:22:39 #19 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 09, 15:38:51 by Dark_Twilight
Quote from: MrStranger on 2017 Sep 09, 15:19:44Will the old launcher work? I think, I have one from a couple of years back.

Nope

You need new one.

Edit:
Quote from: Ellowee on 2017 Sep 08, 19:15:45Legends of Equestria is designed for Windows, MacOS, and Linux computers. To check if your computer will be able to run LoE, take a look at the details on our FAQ page!

It's been bugging me that whoever picked specs choose 256mb vram on gpu. It might need a correction to at least 512MB or 1GB to be safe. Why? Download GPU-Z close all running programs that can be closed and run GPU-Z. While the system is iddle the load will be ~256 MB VRAM. Then LoE is open it will jump by at least another half reaching even 400MB on the GPU. When the game will be running it will jump again.  Therefore:

1GB+ VRAM - safe for high full screen details
512 VRAM - medium-low
256 VRAM - low settings + playing in window mode

This is just the GPU's ram, not OS

Go Up