Open Access Release: Last Details & Changelog!

Started by Ellowee, 2017 Sep 07, 22:08:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hey, everypony!

We're just a couple of days away from our Open Access Release starting! We hope you're all as excited as we are to explore Equestria together!

Before Sunday rolls around, though, we just want to go over a few things with you regarding the OAR, so that everypony starts off on the right hoof!

The first thing we want to reiterate is that this is not the final release of Legends of Equestria. Think of the Open Access Release as a 'beta' release of LoE; we'll still be working hard on the game for a long time to come, but we're confident that what we have so far is enough for everypony to enjoy now, rather than have you wait any longer!

For the Open Access Release, our servers will be opening at 00:01 EST, Sunday 10 September. That's the earliest you'll be able to access and play the game!

We will, however, make the game files available to download 24 hours in advance. At 00:01 EST, Saturday 9 September, you will be able to download Legends of Equestria from our website's downloads page, where there will be separate versions for Windows, MacOS, and Linux computers. For more information on our system requirements, check out our FAQ page!

Be aware that, like all server-based games, there may be some difficulty serving all the requests that come in the moment the game becomes available. We've worked hard to try and mitigate the effect of all those simultaneous requests, but we can't guarantee that there won't be problems for the first couple of hours or so. If you'd rather wait a little while before trying to play, you should be able to avoid those issues!

Of course, since this is an Open Access Release, we don't expect everything to be flawless. We know that no matter how hard we - or our Limited Access Release players! - have tried, there'll always be a few bugs that sneak by. Luckily, we have a bug reporting system especially designed so that you can let us know about any problems you run into! You can find all the details of how to use Phabricator to tell us all about them here!

So, what's changed between our last public event, and the Open Access Release? Well, we've prepared a little changelog to let you know! This doesn't cover everything - there's some more stuff that's more back-end, and also some details that we hope you'll find out yourself - but it includes a lot of the stuff you're most likely to notice. Check it out here !

You might also notice a few things missing from the list there that we have previously talked about; most notably, the Ancient Athamanes dungeon. This is something we really worked hard on getting ready for the Open Access Release, and we're making good progress on it; however, the damage caused by the July cyberattack to both the game itself and also our schedules, has meant that we won't be able to have that dungeon in a playable state by Sunday. We're still working on it, though, and we anticipate it being ready to implement within the coming days and weeks!

In fact, we're working on a lot more stuff to be added to the game after the Open Access Release kicks off, and a lot of it is pretty close to completion. Here's a little taster of what we anticipate adding over the first couple of months:

• Ancient Athamanes dungeon
  • More manes, tails, and customisation options
  • New area: Applewood
  • New quest arc
  • Crafting system
  • More Talent Mark options

This is by no means the only stuff we're working on, just the things we hope to have ready soonest. It's super hard to tell when any individual thing will be ready, due to the nature of the project, but rest assured that we're working hard on these things - and so much more! We've been working on Legends of Equestria for five years already, and we don't anticipate stopping any time soon, so hopefully there'll always be something to look forward to!

Thanks for reading all of this, everypony! We hope you're all looking forward to Sunday as much as we are!

Night Striker

Super excited for Sunday(technically Saturday since PST is my timezone). :D

While I may not be part of LoE staff, I always try to help others who might have problems in LoE the best I can because I want others to share my enjoyment of the game. ^-^

Want to be in a herd? PM to get more details to join the NLR!

Sunny Skies (NLR)

SpiritDancer12

Is this going to be an open server game from now on!!
Or is it going to have certain server dates like usuall

~RainCloud

Quote from: SpiritDancer12 on 2017 Sep 08, 00:55:04Is this going to be an open server game from now on!!
Or is it going to have certain server dates like usuall

It says on the front page, the servers will be open permanently once the game is live on Sept 10th, 2017.

Once it goes live, it'll be open permanently to everyone! :)
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

SpiritDancer12

Genisay

So ready for this!  Also in PST.  I'm hoping my design has been implemented already. I'd like to start my first character looking closer to my actual FC, and I just really want to see what you guys did with my design in terms of modeling. ^.^

Syndar

Great great, for me is 6:00 of sunday because i'm in CET, actually i think is 7:00 cause we are in daylight saving time. How much is "heavy" the game client?

Daniel0507199027

I like that they allow you to download the game a day early so once the server open permanently, you can jump right into the game if you already downloaded the game fully the day before. I might do that, download the game fully tomorrow, so I can easily jump into on Sunday. I know if you download the game tomorrow and try to access it before 12:01 AM on Sunday, it won't let you, but of course, that will make sense, but I do wonder what kind of message you will get if you try that.

Sweet Brew

I remember us talking in the chatpod (Rest it's soul) back in early 2014 about when this game would be released and someone joked about it being 2018 and people were like "Noooooo stooop! That's ridiculous!". lol

LPatamon

*Raises hoof* Windows 32bit will be still supported right? There are some players like me that still use 32bit Windows and in my case the game plays fine, I have a good PC and such, but I can't afford migrate to 64bit just for a game, it would be a long process reinstalling everything x_x

ObeyBunny

Will players have to start over once the new hairstyles and talent marks are out?
Let's turn every detail into something important.

Thrasher Dash

Ah, early in the morning too, about lunch time. (12:00 AM in CST) Now that is my perfect mood set!  :D Lots of hype for the OAR, hope to see you all soon in-game!
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

ObeyBunny

Quote from: LPatamon on 2017 Sep 08, 17:09:23*Raises hoof* Windows 32bit will be still supported right?

I checked out the FAQ page and didn't see a specific bit requirement. Just that you need "Windows (Vista or later)" and that if you bought a computer around 2010, you should be fine.

I'm in much the same boat as you. 32 bit is what I've got.

LPatamon

Quote from: ObeyBunny on 2017 Sep 08, 17:32:31I checked out the FAQ page and didn't see a specific bit requirement. Just that you need "Windows (Vista or later)" and that if you bought a computer around 2010, you should be fine.

I'm in much the same boat as you. 32 bit is what I've got.

32bit is still supported, got confirmation from one of the devs, so no problem there n.n

ObeyBunny

Quote from: LPatamon on 2017 Sep 08, 17:51:3032bit is still supported, got confirmation from one of the devs, so no problem there n.n

Excellent! It'd be heartbreaking otherwise if users like us couldn't play.

Ferro_the_King

That's great news! Sadly it gives me exactly 1,5 hours of gameplay, before I have to go to the work :c
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

danmur15

I missed the last time the game was open to the public, so i am so excited!  :D
im especially excited to see the customization options.

btw this is my first time trying to comment/reply sorry if this went to an admin's inbox or something

DrifterCrow

This is going to be difficult playing this game during the hurricane, especially in Florida. I'm hoping I still have power during the entire day.

This week's Sunday will suck.
Hide within the darkness, and strike from the shadows. Fly through the night and watch for thy enemies.
Welcome to the Crow's Nest. For I, the Drifting Crow, shall sate your needs with whatever I have.

ShutterflyEQD

Yes, YES!

Can't wait to try out the new additions upon release!! :D
Keep at it LoE!

Go Up