Legends of Equestria is Looking for VFX Artists!

Started by Ellowee, 2017 May 01, 19:15:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2017 May 01, 19:15:37 Last Edit: 2017 May 01, 19:18:07 by Ellowee

It takes a lot of people with a whole bunch of diverse skills to build something as huge as the world of Equestria, and we're always on the lookout for talent in various teams - but one area we're particularly interested in at the moment is visual effects, for our VFX team!

What do we mean by that? Well, visual effects are the little things that really make the world of Equestria feel real. When a player or enemy uses an ability and you see it happen; when there's a little effect to accompany an event in the game; that's what the VFX team creates.

We're interested in hearing from anyone who has experience creating visual effects in Unity; for example, particle effects. If you also have experience working in a cartoonish style similar to the art style of LoE, then that's a major plus, but it isn't essential.

VFX Artists would be in charge of creating and implementing spritesheet elements to be used in all areas of the game; the little visual flairs that will really make the world of Equestria come to life.

If you're interested in game development, want to contribute to the project, or are simply looking for a hobby that will put your talents to use, then we want to hear from you! As a member of the VFX team, not only would you be helping to bring Legends of Equestria to life, but you'd also get training and support from long-time team members with years of experience. Oh, and you'd become part of a pretty cool group of friends from around the world!

If that sounds like the kind of thing you're interested in making, and you want to help us make the best horse game ever*, then please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Please remember, we do require that applicants be at least 16 years of age before joining the team. Legends of Equestria is a volunteer project, being developed by a large team of dedicated fans from around the world, giving their time, and energy, to bring an entire world together. Every member of every team is working purely out of passion for the project; this is not a paid position, and we cannot offer any financial incentive for your contributions. All we can guarantee is the warm fuzzy feeling from helping to create the world of Equestria, for all fans of ponies to enjoy.

And lots of socks.

*according to a poll of 107 LoE team members

Yugilover1

I have seen My Little Pony from G1 to Present so keep on smiling my little bronies and here is the link to my oc picture that someone draw for me http://pre05.deviantart.net/cc77/th/pre/i/2015/315/a/4/yutem_as_an_alicorn_by_yugilover1-d9gcauy.jpg

spiritwolf98

You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Mysteli

Quote from: Yugilover1 on 2017 May 03, 18:54:25when will the full game come out?
Get us some VFX artists first and then we can start thinking about that.

GreenTab

The moment I asked myself what is a VFX artist is exactly the same moment I've realized I'm not one.

Aqua Fire

Hey, look. I have a deviantart. Come check it out. My DeviantArt

Thrasher Dash

2017 May 20, 20:19:59 #7 Last Edit: 2017 May 24, 21:42:36 by Thasher dash
I would apply but I'm not old enough, maybe when I am I'll apply! I'm pretty good at drawing on an art problem (FireAlpaca), good luck to those who are applying!  :)
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

pfiutek1

Quote from: Thasher dash on 2017 May 20, 20:19:59
I would apply but I'm not old enough, maybe when I am I'll apply! I'm pretty good at drawing on an art problem (FireAlpaca), good luck to those who are!  :)

>can play this game
>cant apply cuz hes/shes not 18+
>kek

i though this game is for kids. why anyone need to be over 18 to apply? is there hidden gore mode or idk? or worse some lewd stuff?

Thrasher Dash

It says you need to be at least 16 to apply, not 18!  :D
If you see Princess Twilight (Unicorn) or Thrasher Dash (Pegasus) that's me!

pfiutek1

Quote from: Thasher dash on 2017 May 24, 21:43:00
It says you need to be at least 16 to apply, not 18!  :D

still you dont need to be 16 to play this game so why you must be 16 to apply?

Lets say youre very talented but youre 15. and before your 16th birthday you die in car accident. and artist lost cuz of stupid "must be 16 year old to apply" rules

McClaw

Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2017 May 25, 05:35:08
still you dont need to be 16 to play this game so why you must be 16 to apply?

Lets say youre very talented but youre 15. and before your 16th birthday you die in car accident. and artist lost cuz of stupid "must be 16 year old to apply" rules

I believe it's due to the various child labor laws. Even volunteer work is considered (uncompensated) labor.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

pfiutek1

Quote from: McClaw on 2017 May 25, 10:34:44
I believe it's due to the various child labor laws. Even volunteer work is considered (uncompensated) labor.

well 16 is a teen not a child and if we call them that then we call adults child because we all have parents and we're all their children. iam adult so who can i sue for breaking my child labor laws?

McClaw

Quote from: pfiutek1 on 2017 May 26, 13:25:15
well 16 is a teen not a child and if we call them that then we call adults child because we all have parents and we're all their children. iam adult so who can i sue for breaking my child labor laws?

Most child labor laws use the age of majority (when someone is legally considered an adult) as the dividing line. It's not that minors (the legal term for those below their age of majority) aren't allowed to work, but there are typically a lot of conditions involved and records kept to avoid assumed abuses. There tend to be exceptions when parents or legal guardians are involved.

The big problem is that the laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and LoE is receiving international support. It's simply safer to set an age and say "nobody younger than this".
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

pfiutek1

Quote from: McClaw on 2017 May 27, 15:29:02
Most child labor laws use the age of majority (when someone is legally considered an adult) as the dividing line. It's not that minors (the legal term for those below their age of majority) aren't allowed to work, but there are typically a lot of conditions involved and records kept to avoid assumed abuses. There tend to be exceptions when parents or legal guardians are involved.

The big problem is that the laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and LoE is receiving international support. It's simply safer to set an age and say "nobody younger than this".

Working for making Equestria great again is no work but fun

ObeyBunny

So, has LOE hired anyone yet? Skimming the comments, not too many people knew how to do VFX stuff.
Let's turn every detail into something important.

Harmony-Bunny

Apparently all of us were not professional VFX artists, I myself ain't one too. :c

Wish I could help...

Go Up