Limited Access Release Applications Are Closed!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Nov 21, 20:22:04

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

~RainCloud

2016 Dec 01, 18:54:58 #40 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 01, 19:05:25 by DrMurdershy
Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2016 Dec 01, 17:46:12
Click on Start -> run -> type

devmgmt.msc

Or download GPU-z

That or take a look inside your computer if it's a desktop.. or better yet, know your computer specs by heart! Real gamers know their specs by memory  ^-^

Just being honest here...  :l

I did get a new computer which is an upgrade from my last build I had so the specs i listed in my application are completely different now but still...

Btw, easier way to get some of your computer specs is to go to your file browser (yellow folder) go to that monitor icon that displays all your folders, storage spaces etc.
Right click, properties and then it'll show your processor and ram.

But take Dark Twi's suggestion and quickly DL GPU-Z it'll display everything.
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

StarStrike25

Seems I missed it by a week. I will have to keep a better eye open. Good luck to the testers  ^-^
I am a hybrid between a dragon and pegasus :3 Hi!<br />Icon by Kistune-Fox on DA<br />My DeviantArt is StardustDragon258<br />PonySona info: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=16354.0

Flittur

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 01, 18:54:58
That or take a look inside your computer if it's a desktop.. or better yet, know your computer specs by heart! Real gamers know their specs by memory  ^-^

Just being honest here...  :l

I did get a new computer which is an upgrade from my last build I had so the specs i listed in my application are completely different now but still...

Btw, easier way to get some of your computer specs is to go to your file browser (yellow folder) go to that monitor icon that displays all your folders, storage spaces etc.
Right click, properties and then it'll show your processor and ram.

But take Dark Twi's suggestion and quickly DL GPU-Z it'll display everything.

I think something that should be remembered is the fact that there's inevitably going to be a lot of people who apply who are, well, very young I guess?

Computer specification is going to be REALLY hard for them to wrap their heads around but they'd just love to be involved with the testing, so it's a bit of a hard problem to solve without disappointing a lot of potential players (but people only intending to play the game should wait until full release, or a later testing stage), though I suppose people who are eager to help could learn quite fast, since the only thing they'd really need is speccy.  X3
http://flitturr.deviantart.com/

I first played in 2014, though I seem to have forgotten the account. >.<

tigergirl09

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 01, 14:17:42
What are you confused about? I could maybe help.

Well there was a question saying to add your computer information and I only added the type of my computer and the intel core and that it has RADEON graphics. I am not sure if I mentioned that I use windows  :o
I am leaving this forum because I am moving to another house and there is no wi-fi and internet.
The second reason is that I don't like my forum name.
Bye everypony.
                                                                  ~tigergirl09

~RainCloud

Quote from: tigergirl09 on 2016 Dec 02, 14:00:57
Well there was a question saying to add your computer information and I only added the type of my computer and the intel core and that it has RADEON graphics. I am not sure if I mentioned that I use windows  :o

You're pretty much on the right track but they were looking for the specifics I believe so that's what I did in my application for the specs I had in my last custom built desktop.

The specs in my new build that I use now is different then what I originally put in my application all that time ago. But I'm not really worried about it.

IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes

Dark_Twilight

2016 Dec 03, 10:48:27 #45 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 03, 10:53:53 by Dark_Twilight
Quote from: tigergirl09 on 2016 Dec 02, 14:00:57

For "type" would be a desktop or laptop and that would not be much of an information that they might have been looking for, but you provited procesor at least. For the radeon it might have been better to add which model. They also wanted resolution and amount of RAM would be nice.

For the future applications it might be a good idea to mention CPU-Z for people that do not know their specs. It can provide with: CPU name, memory (RAM) amount, and graphics name, which would be enough information for them. Apart from resolution.

For CPU name and ram you can also ctrl +alt + delete and select performance tab IF you are on windows 8/8.1/10  (windows 7 and XP will not show it there)

Asriel

Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2016 Nov 30, 18:30:14
No point with making benchmarks. First off public releases havent had any fancy graphic options settings and as for the benchmark, for that all they have to do is try the game on 8+ year old rig with low specs and it will be no brainer that anything above will work.  Dont know about latest builds but from previous public tests it worked just fine on 512MB opengl 4.0 GPU, so the question is if it will work with GPU's  with opengl 3.x and below. For example Intel Extreme Graphics 2 had problems like no textures

As for minimum ammount of ram well it all depends how much stuff people are running in the background, some have <2GB, others more, but in the end if someone has at least 1GB or more free RAM (not counting in use by system) it should be ok.

Also the big factor is ammount of people around you since this IS a MMO after all. The more people around you (on your screen) the higher the demand. So in the end a benchmark would not be of much use. As for minimum specs, if there will be anything mentioned, it will still be dependant by the people near you.

A better pitch would have been if you could test it on multiple platforms. For example, I have a Linux machine, so due to the relative lack of testers, I am more likely (statistically) of getting in.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

inum76

Quote from: Asriel on 2016 Dec 03, 11:54:33
A better pitch would have been if you could test it on multiple platforms. For example, I have a Linux machine, so due to the relative lack of testers, I am more likely (statistically) of getting in.

Way to stay positive about your chances.  ;)
And I agree, I think they would indeed be selecting from a variety of testers. Your setup may not be as much the norm as mine likely is, so I am sure you would be near retroactively selected, just for that alone, if it is all that unique.  ^-^

Me, I am sure I have a generic setup.  :P

I am running on a (an old non VR ready) gaming laptop, running Windows 8.1, an older i7 and older Nivida chip. Other than not being VR ready, it can play many 3D games quite well. It has little trouble with most any 2014 game. No Man's Sky, is one It can't play, as a newer game.

So, I got something good (good enough to play this, I am sure), though not a stand-out setup.  :s

Should be interesting to see if I get selected within the next few days. To those that do get in, cheers!  :D

Morphius

2016 Dec 05, 01:30:39 #48 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 05, 01:42:25 by Morphius
Quote from: inum76 on 2016 Dec 04, 21:05:12
And I agree, I think they would indeed be selecting from a variety of testers. Your setup may not be as much the norm as mine likely is, so I am sure you would be near retroactively selected, just for that alone, if it is all that unique.  ^-^

I am running on a (an old non VR ready) gaming laptop, running Windows 8.1, an older i7 and older Nivida chip. Other than not being VR ready, it can play many 3D games quite well. It has little trouble with most any 2014 game. No Man's Sky, is one It can't play, as a newer game.

So, I got something good (good enough to play this, I am sure), though not a stand-out setup.  :s

Should be interesting to see if I get selected within the next few days. To those that do get in, cheers!  :D

My PC can manage to play Legends of Equestria, but not Fallout Equestria without crashing the game or even my entire system into brick mode.

'Tis already December 5th by the time I'm typing this at 10:30 PM PST / 1:30 AM EST. We await today or tomorrow for the updated results...!

Flittur

Doubt it's your PC, No Man's Sky is just inherently optimised badly, it's one of the most disappointing PC games i've ever played. Refunded it  >:O

AdrenalineRush26

So the LAR starts in a week. And it's been 2 weeks since the LAR Applications closed. Does this mean we should be hearing back today?

~RainCloud

Quote from: AdrenalineRush26 on 2016 Dec 05, 14:26:47
So the LAR starts in a week. And it's been 2 weeks since the LAR Applications closed. Does this mean we should be hearing back today?

Ya never know mate.

They could today, tmrw, the day after tmrw.. like I said, it could happen anytime.

I've been waiting patiently myself and have been wondering all this time rather who has been chosen for LAR. Well, hopefully in a few days or less that wait will be over and they may make an announcement saying they've looked all the Applications over and have made their decisions.

Just keep checking your inboxes guys cause you may find that golden letter from LoE Staff saying "Congratulations".

Dark_Twilight

2016 Dec 05, 16:23:34 #52 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 05, 16:31:11 by Dark_Twilight

Quote from: Flittur on 2016 Dec 05, 01:57:27
Doubt it's your PC, No Man's Sky is just inherently optimised badly, it's one of the most disappointing PC games i've ever played. Refunded it  >:O

Actually it IS your PC. No Man's Sky requires GPU with OpenGL 4.5

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 05, 16:09:23
Ya never know mate.

They could today, tmrw, the day after tmrw.. like I said, it could happen anytime.

I've been waiting patiently myself and have been wondering all this time rather who has been chosen for LAR. Well, hopefully in a few days or less that wait will be over and they may make an announcement saying they've looked all the Applications over and have made their decisions.

Just keep checking your inboxes guys cause you may find that golden letter from LoE Staff saying "Congratulations".

Well in a week all will be known and most likely when someone get a PM i bet one of the first people will write it here that he/she did

~RainCloud

Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2016 Dec 05, 16:23:34

Well in a week all will be known and most likely when someone get a PM i bet one of the first people will write it here that he/she did

No doubt someone that was chosen will be Hyper and be like "I was chosen!"  O:

Flittur

2016 Dec 05, 19:13:01 #54 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 05, 21:20:20 by Flittur
Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2016 Dec 05, 16:23:34

Tested it on the following systems and it ran like trash on all of them.

i7 4790, R9 290X, 24GB RAM
5700HQ, GTX 980M, 32GB RAM
6700HQ, GTX 960M, 32GB RAM

The game is terribly optimised.

(Talking about No man's sky, not LOE. LOE has ran fine for me previously.)

Asriel

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 05, 17:13:58
No doubt someone that was chosen will be Hyper and be like "I was chosen!"  O:

That's what I'm counting on. That way, even if they don't send out rejection notices, I will still know for sure.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

~RainCloud

Quote from: Asriel on 2016 Dec 05, 19:13:12
That's what I'm counting on. That way, even if they don't send out rejection notices, I will still know for sure.

They did say 2 weeks until they know who for sure got in.

They never specifically said what date they will send out PM's to those who did make it in.

I know, everyone's getting excited and impatient. Myself included. But, I'll be honest that I know that I didn't make it. I'll be surprised tbh if I did considering HOW many people applied cause they could only grant access to a handful like say.. over 100 maybe? or more. Who knows what the server capacity is without it going crazy.

OtakuMegane

2016 Dec 05, 21:15:48 #57 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 05, 21:17:30 by OtakuMegane
Quote from: Flittur on 2016 Dec 05, 19:13:01
Tested it on the following systems and it ran like trash on all of them.

i7 4790, R9 290X, 24GB RAM
5700HQ, GTX 980M, 32GB RAM
6700HQ, GTX 960M, 32GB RAM

The game is terribly optimised.

i5 3570, GTX 760, 32GB RAM

It obviously isn't as optimized as it could be but I don't really have significant problems outside of the SCC dance parties. Complex areas like parts of Cantermore can be a bit laggy or a dozen spells being cast at once but otherwise it runs well for me.

Quote from: DrMurdershy on 2016 Dec 05, 19:52:21
I know, everyone's getting excited and impatient. Myself included. But, I'll be honest that I know that I didn't make it. I'll be surprised tbh if I did considering HOW many people applied cause they could only grant access to a handful like say.. over 100 maybe? or more. Who knows what the server capacity is without it going crazy.

From previous OSEs, the capacity is a couple hundred at least. And remember this isn't just a brief weekend, the server will be up indefinitely so short of calling for a stress test you would normally not have a lot of players on at once.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Flittur

2016 Dec 05, 21:20:59 #58 Last Edit: 2016 Dec 05, 21:26:08 by Flittur
Quote from: OtakuMegane on 2016 Dec 05, 21:15:48
i5 3570, GTX 760, 32GB RAM

It obviously isn't as optimized as it could be but I don't really have significant problems outside of the SCC dance parties. Complex areas like parts of Cantermore can be a bit laggy or a dozen spells being cast at once but otherwise it runs well for me.
From previous OSEs, the capacity is a couple hundred at least. And remember this isn't just a brief weekend, the server will be up indefinitely so short of calling for a stress test you would normally not have a lot of players on at once.

I was talking about no man's sky, personally I think LOE seems decently optimized, though it can't really be that demanding due to what it is.

AdrenalineRush26

Quote from: Flittur on 2016 Dec 05, 21:20:59
Talking about no man's sky, personally I think LOE seems decently optimized, though it can't really be that demanding due to what it is.

I was able to run it during their latest August OSE with an old laptop using GeForce GT 750M (which is about 10x worse than a desktop GeForce 460). So it's not too intensive on the GPU.

Go Up