Limited Access Release Applications! [CLOSED]

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Nov 07, 19:49:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FlutterButterflyMLP

I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe. I'm playing as Pastel Cloud.<br />See you in Equestria!<br /><br />

CMC Scootaloo

@FlutterButterflyMLP

Quote from: FlutterButterflyMLP on 2016 Nov 08, 16:39:32
I applied! So excited :D

Howdy, Cherry! :D The hype is out of the roof and arriving in space now, I hope to meet you again! 0:)
You always wanted to meet Scootaloo? Then be on the lookout for her in Equestria, she is galloping all over the realm!

Lightning Spark

There is always something in life you can enjoy, even the smallest of things

BliSer

For later stages of L.A.R., will there be other applications opening or will you select players from those who filled this one before November 21st?

In other words, if I don't want to join L.A.R. on its first stages, but want to do it on later one, should I fill this application and mention that or just wait for next one?

Morphius

WOOP WOOP, I sent mine in!

OH SHOOT, I forgot to let them know about the NPC chats that have the bad habit of stalling...! :I

CrisChoque1

Espero ser una de los primeros<3 . Y mi nick era CrisChoque1 y no CrisChoque solamente... sorry si me confundí...

OtakuMegane

Welp, that's in now. Spent a while thinking actually, I don't fill out this sort of thing too often.  X3
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

CuddlySylvy

Look kitty, a wizard

[insert grumpy cat meme here]

RainbowDBrony

Icy Shield

Just don't forget the purpose of this Limited Access is to find bugs and give feedback to improve the game.
Work 1st, Fun latter  -.-

Let it snow!

CuddlySylvy

I'm pretty sure I'll be on there all day searching for glitches/bugs flying around.... I'm that one person who never gives up on something.... > : D

Look kitty, a wizard

[insert grumpy cat meme here]

Choco443

I've been waiting for this for so long.
Maybe too long xD
My name's Ginger Paws! But you can call me Ginger!

candypanda123

omg is that a dream? not a dream yay finaly         
[/quote]

yojaka910

I applied for LoE testing. I forgot to add something. My sis (yojakj14) and me need a direct download link. Is it possible that that will happen? Thank you for your support.

atarumenchi

Question: how will you notify the selected testers?
I don't remember the application asking about an email address, but since it asked for a user name, I'm assuming it will be either through the forum messaging system or email address associated with the forums account?

~RainCloud

Quote from: yojaka910 on 2016 Nov 09, 19:19:20
I applied for LoE testing. I forgot to add something. My sis (yojakj14) and me need a direct download link. Is it possible that that will happen? Thank you for your support.

If you are selected, I believe that they will give you a link to DL the game through a PM which is how they're gonna contact you IF you are one of the people selected for the testing phase.

Not everyone will have the opportunity to play the game and find more bugs that can be taken care of.
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

yojaka910

Thank you for providing me with this information. It helps alot! If I get selected.

filippe999

So awesome! lol thank celestia i entered facebook in time to apply  ^-^
Everything is better with ponies, Minecraft, Stellaris, Robocraft, Real-life, Imaginary-life, Dreams...

Rikifive

Ooh nice!  :D
To be honest I was breaking testing smaller games and giving feedback/talking with fellow devs before, but I think I'll pass this time and just wait. I have a job and it's kinda difficult to find some free time besides weekends, so I wouldn't be much of help anyway, due to my poor accessibility.

The game was really nice during open weekend. The biggest issue was the bugged and poorly balanced battle system .. aaand the character development in general. I liked the game, but it would be great to see it fully-working.  <3

I used to play many MMO's, but they all started looking the same and they were usually poorly balanced, which is the main issue with these games. Even 'Tibia' was much better balanced than most of the 3D MMO's nowadays - I hope, that LoE will become a very enjoyable and well balanced MMO, that will be worth of hours and hours of gameplay. I'll have fun playing this game with my younger brother. ;)

Good luck to both, everypony who applied - Have fun with testing and to devs - I hope everything will be going well! :3

~RainCloud

2016 Nov 10, 23:57:42 #59 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 10, 23:59:41 by DrMurdershy
Quote from: Rikifive on 2016 Nov 10, 20:03:29
Ooh nice!  :D
To be honest I was breaking testing smaller games and giving feedback/talking with fellow devs before, but I think I'll pass this time and just wait. I have a job and it's kinda difficult to find some free time besides weekends, so I wouldn't be much of help anyway, due to my poor accessibility.

The game was really nice during open weekend. The biggest issue was the bugged and poorly balanced battle system .. aaand the character development in general. I liked the game, but it would be great to see it fully-working.  <3

I used to play many MMO's, but they all started looking the same and they were usually poorly balanced, which is the main issue with these games. Even 'Tibia' was much better balanced than most of the 3D MMO's nowadays - I hope, that LoE will become a very enjoyable and well balanced MMO, that will be worth of hours and hours of gameplay. I'll have fun playing this game with my younger brother. ;)

Good luck to both, everypony who applied - Have fun with testing and to devs - I hope everything will be going well! :3

I imagine LoE being one of the most popular MMO's amongst bronies and children.

The game is built by a team that isn't a multi-billion dollar company like Blizzard, Wargaming, Nexon, etc. The people that have built this game has been entirely done by many people who volunteered to put in their skills to help the games development. I guess you would say it's a community effort that is directly team based.

They use as much of their time as possible to continue to build the game. It takes so much dedication to build any video game. It's taken years for LoE to reach where it stands now as it'll come to be officially released I believe in early 2017??

The Limited Access Release is basically a clean up stage. To hunt down bugs that still exist before games prior release. However, even games that we play today that have been out for years still have bugs in them but are very small and un-noticeable. But big bugs and errors such as script errors are serious and can give the player a bad experience.

Since the game is Free To Play, there will never be any addons or special items that you could buy with real money. That would just ruin the game. Many games today that are MMO's have those options because it's what gives the company money to be able to create another game of that series.

I'd imagine sometime years later when LoE has been out for awhile, I could probably see them creating another version of the game but on a top of the line game engine such as Unreal Engine 4 or whatever is updated at the time or they stick with Unity. They're both good game engines. I took a game programming class in high school. That didn't go so well but I still passed the semester for my elective credit.. somehow  :s .

Anyway, since the first OSW which took place on July 5th, 2013, there have been many bugs that we as a community have been finding to be fixed. The game itself has come a very long way since the stress test which was the pre-alpha stage which I was a part of. Boy, it was a naked game! There was really nothing to do during that time lol.
But all that has changed! The game itself now is pretty solid even in the last OSW but there were still bugs and even some major errors that you had to do some looking in order to find them.

This is really one of the only other projects that Hasbro has not tried to demolish because of the names of the cities, towns and villages and other stuff that were changed and didn't match what the show actually had. MLP Fighting is Magic was supposed to be one of the most popular fighting games in the brony community but we all know how that turned out... but there's a tribute version of that game so it didn't die out entirely. No one can stop the brony fandom. Which I'm glad LoE didn't get screwed on by them because of how much time and effort has been put into this game. So much love, care and dedication and the community has helped the game to where it currently stands and hopefully will be officially released in the coming months.

I certainly hope that this post can be agreed upon and given a hoof bump.

Cheers!
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Go Up