Legends of Equestria is Recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Oct 16, 19:20:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2016 Oct 16, 19:20:14 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 10, 20:04:53 by Ellowee
[NOTE: This post is no longer updated! Please check here for our latest recruitment information!]

Hey again, everypony!

Our Open Access Release is well underway, and we're getting a lot of great feedback from all of you - feedback that we're working hard to implement into the game. We can't do all that work alone, though; that's why the Legends of Equestria team is hiring!

If you're interested in game development, passionate about ponies, or simply need a hobby that will put your talents to use, we'd like to hear from you! We have a pretty extensive list of teams with different roles and skills, so even if you're not super-technical but still want to help us out, there might be something for you here!

We are currently accepting applications for the following departments: Level Designers, VFX Artists, Systems Designers, Programmers, 3D Modellers, 2D Artists, and Moderators [last updated November 23rd, 2017]. All applicants must be at least 16 years of age, unless specified otherwise by the team's hiring message.

If you're interested, please find below a little bit of info from each team's leader on what they're looking for, and how to contact them! Good luck, and we hope to see you on the team soon!

(Note: if for any reason you don't hear back from the team you've applied to within a week, please contact [email protected] so we can work out what's gone wrong!)

Design

>Level Designers

Level designers should have drawn work (hand or digital) of macro or micro scale level designs which factor in standard gaming conventions such as pathing, points of interest, mob spawns, elevation, framing, terrain features, quest potential, etc. Previous experience in a 3D engine (Unity, Unreal) is highly sought after. Map/level designers should expect to be trained in Unity to allow the implementation and editing of their designs. Please email [email protected] with examples of your work.

>VFX Artists

VFX artists will primarily be in charge of creating and implementing spritesheet animations to be used for various player abilities and ambient world effects. This role will require a blending of traditional toon styled art creation and design with technical implementation in Unity (Shuriken knowledge is a HUGE plus!). If you enjoy creating particle based effects to add an extra kick of visual stimulation, this position is for you! Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

>Systems Designers

Systems designers should have the ability to form clear, concise, to-the-point written work which quickly and efficiently describes a complex system to programmers, writers, or other relevant team members. Applicants should be able to design the technical formulation behind conventional experience, leveling, crafting, and ability systems. knowledge of excel for tables, graphs, and formulas is a huge plus. Please email [email protected] with links to examples of your work.

Programming

We're currently looking for enthusiastic programmers to help build LoE. A minimum of basic experience programming in C# and Unity is required for any applications to be considered, and you should also provide samples of your previous work so we can see just how awesome you are. We aren't expecting you to be a professional developer (though we won't say no if you are!); so long as you can demonstrate your knowledge and willingness to learn, we want to hear from you! An obsession with tiny colourful horses is not required, but will be taken into consideration and may improve your chances. Due to the nature of the team, we're looking for reliable people that can be trusted to work semi-independently; if you think you can help us out, email [email protected]!

3D Modeling

To apply for the 3D team, please email [email protected] with links to examples of your skills. Any additional unrelated, high quality designs you have done helps too. Applicants must have working knowledge of 3D modeling and/or animating and be willing to learn, design critically, and give and take critique. It is preferred that applicants have a specialty in organic modeling, 3D animation and rigging, terraforming, or any combination thereof. Please include how much time you are able to devote to Legends of Equestria, as well as a list of programs that you use.

2D Art

To apply for the 2D team, please read the following requirements thoroughly, and then use the application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/J4RLHk3LE2h8tx9L2

Requirements:
- Understand the basics of color theory and principles of design
- Ability to mimic the art style of environments, buildings, characters, and items in Legends of Equestria
- Ability to create vector graphics
- Experience in Photoshop, GIMP, Krita, or other raster graphics software
- Experience in Illustrator, Inkscape, or other vector graphics software

Your portfolio should include:
- Three to five pieces of artwork that display good use of colour, an ability to mimic our existing art styles, and good design sense. This can include characters, items, environments, and architectural artwork.
- If possible, include any work involving textured models/texture sheets.
- Any additional works that you wish to include.

Art should be close to or of similar quality to the following works:
a.) Textures and textured models:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/wnaDU9t.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/dEbzLoK.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/Y4DWrvf.png

b.) Architecture and environments:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/kPkqqwk.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/D3cilk7.png
iii.) http://i.imgur.com/G17VywQ.png

c.) Other works:
i.) http://i.imgur.com/xITE8kB.png
ii.) http://i.imgur.com/QYNN80s.png

Please be sure to fill out the application form listed above.
Any further questions can be sent to [email protected]

Moderation

Moderation is the team that keeps LoE safe. We make sure that our rules are followed, and that Equestria is a place that everyone can enjoy. We patrol the game world, the forum, and our Discord server, dealing with any issues that arise and answering questions where needed. If you think you can help us do that, we'd like to hear from you! We are currently looking for moderation team members who are able to speak, read, and understand any the following: English, Russian, Spanish, French, and/or German.

Down below is a small application form; please fill this out and email it to [email protected]. Your application will be reviewed and processed by our leadership, and we will respond back to the email if you are accepted into the next stage of hiring.  We look forward to reading your application!

Thanks,
~Perry

Requirements:

• Be over the age of 18 at the time of application.
  • Member in good standing in the Legends of Equestria community.
  • Not a leader of a guild/herd.
  • Be able to work as a team.
  • Be able to work alone.
  • Ability to remain calm and collected under pressure.
  • Ability to listen and understand issues from a neutral standpoint.
  • Ability to multi-task.
  • Ability to make and create reports.
  • Up to date on social awareness and other trends within the community and internet.
  • Ability to use Discord and be familiar with the commands and functions.
  • Speak, write, and understand English as it is the primary language of the team.
  • A love of corgis is not required, but will be extremely beneficial.

Application Form:

• Forum Name:
  • Main in Game Character:
  • Time Zone:
  • Availability:
  • Languages (Russian, English, etc.):
  • Moderation Experience:
  • Why should you be a moderator?:
  • Contact Email:
  • Additional Info:

Please attach any resume or other supporting documents for the application to the email as an attachment, should you feel the need to do so!

Please remember that Legends of Equestria is a volunteer project being developed by a team of dedicated fans from around the world. These are not paid positions, and we cannot offer any financial incentive for your contributions to the project. All we can guarantee is the warm fuzzy feeling from helping to bring an entire world of horses to life.

And lots of socks.

MinaL30

It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad how I can't help, saying that I'm not too qualified. But, I know that people need help in tough times. You're all doing great!  x3 Keep up the great work! I'll always be a player!
Mina Ludwig

spiritwolf98

I'd love to, but sadly I cannot apply. Whoever is applying, great! Have fun and enhance the game even more! ^-^
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Salnalus

Just out of curiosity, let's say I wanted to apply for the December limited release to play and test the game, but at the same time, I was interested in one of these positions. Would it be too conflicting to do both things, or would it be just fine? My guess is that it's fine, but I just want to be sure.

RedsBone

I applied for programming 2 months ago ... it went unanswered, but apparently you don't need programmers any more anyway, since they are not in the above list.
Oh well. I hope I can at least get into the early access. I enjoy looking for bugs in things!

Sunny Skies (NLR)

2016 Oct 17, 16:02:33 #5 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 17, 16:07:26 by DarkTails115
I will try to apply for Human Resources :)

Alassë

Ahh! I want to apply for voice acting! :3 I've been told I'd be really good at it but I don't have any experience other than goofing around... X3 What kinds of things do you want in the application? Is it okay if I don't have a high-quality mic? (I have a decent one, just not a top-of-the-line one.)

LostSanity

I've always wanted to be a voice actor honestly...

But I don't really have a lot of range with my voice unfortunately...

What kind of voices do you need specifically? I need more details here...  X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Purple

I'm with the other 2 comments above.  I'd like to try my hand at applying for VA, but i'm not really sure how much I should include for my application ^^; i've had quite a bit of experience, but most of the projects i've volunteered for/been asked to join aren't released yet.  I do have a wide vocal range, but i have a question about the acting portion:  are there sample lines i should read off?  Or can i pick anything?

Mysteli

2016 Oct 17, 20:56:42 #9 Last Edit: 2018 Apr 11, 04:13:33 by Mysteli
Saw voice acting and my reaction was 'oooo'. So maaaaaybe.
I don't think I'd do fairly well in any other department, so maybe next time. The second closet thing I'd be to is 3d, but I haven't really made any custom models myself, just ported and rigged some from existing games when needed.

Jcfraven

Hello everyone, my apologies for not responding sooner. I am going to address these to the best of my ability.

Quote from: Salnalus on 2016 Oct 16, 23:25:28
Just out of curiosity, let's say I wanted to apply for the December limited release to play and test the game, but at the same time, I was interested in one of these positions. Would it be too conflicting to do both things, or would it be just fine? My guess is that it's fine, but I just want to be sure.

*Subject to change.

If you want to apply to both the team and for the LAR, you are more than welcome to. There should not be any reason why that would be an issue.

Quote from: ssumppg on 2016 Oct 17, 17:10:21
Ahh! I want to apply for voice acting! :3 I've been told I'd be really good at it but I don't have any experience other than goofing around... X3 What kinds of things do you want in the application? Is it okay if I don't have a high-quality mic? (I have a decent one, just not a top-of-the-line one.)

To answer the first, it is kept vague for a reason. We want to have a variety of backgrounds, with differing voice experiences, to find who we want from there.

To answer the second, so long as it is clear enough to hear, and is pleasant sounding to the ear, I would not think that there would be any issue.

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Oct 17, 18:10:55
I've always wanted to be a voice actor honestly...

But I don't really have a lot of range with my voice unfortunately...

What kind of voices do you need specifically? I need more details here...  X3

There are no specifics about what is or is not accepted with Voice Acting. We simply want to see a variety of talents, to determine who would be the best choice.

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Oct 17, 18:31:04
I'm with the other 2 comments above.  I'd like to try my hand at applying for VA, but i'm not really sure how much I should include for my application ^^; i've had quite a bit of experience, but most of the projects i've volunteered for/been asked to join aren't released yet.  I do have a wide vocal range, but i have a question about the acting portion:  are there sample lines i should read off?  Or can i pick anything?

Like my other replies, there are no specifics regarding what voice to do, nor what lines to read. The Voice Acting Department is simply looking for variety, so they can determine the best fit. The more the merrier, better overkill than underkill, I say.

RedsBone

2016 Oct 18, 09:33:39 #11 Last Edit: 2016 Oct 18, 09:36:35 by RedsBone
Well, in that case, maybe I'll apply for voice acting too.
Not that I have much experience with it (or, for that matter, any at all) - but I'd be happy to expand your voice pool. Sounds like you can never get too many applications.

Post Merge

Oh, just read you are looking for female voices.
My plan was a good plan while it lasted.
Which was a couple seconds :P

Alucai_Vivorvel

It's funny, I'm in the Game Development program at my college, third/final year, so I have skills that could be put to good use helping with this project.

However, because of said program, I have no time! We have to make a game as a group in just a few months!

Best of luck to potential applicants, and can't wait to see how far this has come since the last open server test I was a part of. I could definitely see the potential this game has!

Alassë

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 18, 06:54:35
Spoiler: Quote • show

Hello everyone, my apologies for not responding sooner. I am going to address these to the best of my ability.

*Subject to change.

If you want to apply to both the team and for the LAR, you are more than welcome to. There should not be any reason why that would be an issue.

To answer the first, it is kept vague for a reason. We want to have a variety of backgrounds, with differing voice experiences, to find who we want from there.

To answer the second, so long as it is clear enough to hear, and is pleasant sounding to the ear, I would not think that there would be any issue.

There are no specifics about what is or is not accepted with Voice Acting. We simply want to see a variety of talents, to determine who would be the best choice.

Like my other replies, there are no specifics regarding what voice to do, nor what lines to read. The Voice Acting Department is simply looking for variety, so they can determine the best fit. The more the merrier, better overkill than underkill, I say.

Woohoo! :D I'll go ahead and apply then. :3

LostSanity

The first post says 'female' characters though.

I... don't think I can do female voices. Like... at all.

Do you need voice actors for male characters to or no? Because if not it may be a waste for me to attempt to apply for a voice actor...

:(

[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Purple

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Oct 18, 06:54:35

*Subject to change.

ah, okie dokie!  Thanks ^^

Jcfraven

WalterWrap2000

And now it is time for "My Reactions (as Shown by Pony Faces!)"

"Now Hiring"       -    :o

"Voice Acting"    -   O: :D

"Female Voices"   -   :I DD: D:

(I am a guy.)

Sooooo..... Any chance you need male voices any time soon? Cause I'd love to apply, but if you only want female voices, that won't happen.  :s
"We have a happy Spring, and Summer, and Fall. Can't Winter be happy too?" -Snowdrop

*crying forcefully* "Yes, Snowdrop. Yes it can." -Walter Wrap

Lunar Sunset

I'm not about all that stuff, I'm more of a writer.  ^-^
And thus let the sun rest upon the horizon as the moon shall rise and bring us peace.

MarinerAce

Greeting Everypony, please read until the end, but only if you want to  >A<

I would just like say somethings about this wonderful game created by talented and creative ponies, whose hearts are filled with love and determination, and for that I thank everypony for making this game possible.

First of I am an Earth pony, I would like to ask if we have any special capabilities and advantages in the game.

As an Earth pony we work hard not just or ourselves but for all of Equestria, we plant and farm many different fruits and vegetables for all to eat.

If in the game you can be thirsty and hungry, this can make farming a necessity that we Earth ponies can truly contribute to the game, Pegasus can water the plants by making it rain, and Unicorns can speed up the growth of our crops.

If this is implemented there will be a sense of Team Work, Cooperation, and Friendship in all of Equestria.
This will give rise to Economy, Commerce, Trade, Jobs, and a sense of Purpose and Duty.

Also Don't we turn our backs against Social norms, Discrimination, and petty Stereotypes?

So Please don't turn this game bursting with potential into something like most MMORPG do.

The Leveling system is flawed, If you see a pony that is level 80 won't it turn you down especially if they boast about it.

The Skill System is more beneficial for all, Firstly there is diversity and a wide set of skills you must work hard on like farming, brewing, baking, cooking, crafting, building, enchanting, combat, taming and more. there could even be modifiers such as strength, Intelligence, and agility. with this system everypony can only be a master of just a few skills or maybe an applejack :l of all trades making each and every pony unique and special in their own way.

This also makes it possible to contribute and even enjoy the game without hurting or eliminating any creatures which should not be promoted, aren't we a kind and benevolent race? why would we hurt other creatures if they are not doing anything to us, please don't do what other MMORPG's do teaching Violence, Murder, Betrayal, and Evil.

My Little Pony teaches TeamWork, Harmony, and Love.

Especially Honesty :] Kindness >.< Laughter :D Generosity ;) Loyalty :D and Magic ^-^

And so I thank everypony that made this game possible and I wish everypony the best of luck, May all our dreams come true and may everyone have a wonderful life.

This is a massive project especially the potential it has as new type of MMORPG all about cooperating and helping each other, There will be no "Every pony for themselves"

So please let us help you, I am sure the whole community is willing to offer our hooves especially if this game will surpass all expectations and odds, we believe in you, this can be greater than anypony has ever imagined.

Together there is nothing we can't do. "Team Work Makes The Dream Work^-^

Sorry if I sound like I am complaining or anything, please forgive me  ono

Anyways thanks for reading, You are a nice and awesome pony.

May Faust watch over us and may we meet her in the Elysian Fields

P.S you can also hire musician ponies to make music that gives life and the perfect mood on an area depending on the type of day, atmosphere, and even events making the game a bit more lively, yes events are also good to bring ponies together, as I said a game of great potential and we are willing to help in any way we can, we don't need to hurt anypony to be somepony
Let us not forget the lessons My little pony has taught us, spread love, happiness, and friendship with others especially to those without it.

The world is already filled with Darkness and Corruption, so let us be the light and hope of Humanity in it's darkest hours.

Be proud of who you are.

Go Up