Announcing Release!

Started by Ellowee, 2016 Jul 10, 21:25:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

Hi, everypony!

In October of 2015 we announced that Legends of Equestria was entering alpha, and since that time our dedicated team has been working extremely hard to bring our vision of Equestria to you. It's been a long road, and you've been nothing but patient and supportive of us, so it is with our extreme pleasure that this year at BronyCon, we made an exciting announcement:

This December, Legends of Equestria will begin opening its servers starting with a limited access release!

What does that mean? Well, allow us to explain! In the coming weeks, we will be opening applications to the public to join us this December in playing Legends of Equestria. But not just for a weekend - when you enter Equestria this December it will be for good!

I hope you're as excited as we are about this announcement, so excited in fact that we're celebrating with one more Open Server Event! Join us Friday, July 29th to Sunday, July 31st and help us to commemorate this awesome milestone by having one more Sugarcane Corner party before we open our doors for good!

Stay tuned in for more information on how to apply to the Limited Access Release, as well as the upcoming Open Server Event. These are exciting times and we can't wait to share them with all of you!

FlutterButterflyMLP

Omigoshomigoshomigosh!  :3

So excited! Can't wait to see you all in Equestria.  ^-^
I am a student digital artist and a big fan of Steven Universe. I'm playing as Pastel Cloud.<br />See you in Equestria!<br /><br />

Shadowking58

The December release being limited access is not something they told us at the Bronycon panel today.

Arcen

Alright! Way to go!

Man, i've been waiting for this!

Gotta grab my sweeties and hope that this OSW, like the others before this one, rocks!

Hope to see you guys and gals there!  :]

Glorified be Chat-O-Landia, where friendship blossoms!

Chicago Ted

Good night, and good luck.

Allen Nguyen

Yes! That's after my birthday (on July 28th and will turn 16 on a Thursday this year) by 1 day, I'll download and play with you bronies on that Open Server Event! :D

And then in December, I'll play Legends of Equestria at anytime! :)
It's all the Magic of Friendship. Ponies are my favorite. ~Allen

OtakuMegane

Well, we were due for an OSW  :D

Surprised at a release so soon though, even if limited access. No complaints though! If they think it's ready enough, I'm game.
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

albedoequals1

How limited is limited access?  >:/ And what is being limited?  :s Does this mean that only the first 50 people can log in, or does it mean that each person can only log in for an hour per day, or...what?  o.O

SimK64

Quote from: albedoequals1 on 2016 Jul 11, 01:26:38
How limited is limited access?  >:/ And what is being limited?  :s Does this mean that only the first 50 people can log in, or does it mean that each person can only log in for an hour per day, or...what?  o.O

Ellowee gave a basic idea of how limited access will go.

It appears to be select people who apply to gain access to the game in December. Once they get in, they are set for the full release. What is limited is the number of players for December.

Also:

Quote from: Ellowee on 2016 Jul 10, 21:25:12
This December, Legends of Equestria will begin opening its servers starting with a limited access release!

I cannot find the right reaction for this.
But what I can find is that this is in the lead--so far out of three games--I will be able to play.

WhatsMyName

Quote from: Ellowee on 2016 Jul 10, 21:25:12
Hi, everypony!

In October of 2015 we announced that Legends of Equestria was entering alpha, and since that time our dedicated team has been working extremely hard to bring our vision of Equestria to you. It's been a long road, and you've been nothing but patient and supportive of us, so it is with our extreme pleasure that this year at BronyCon, we made an exciting announcement:

What does that mean? Well, allow us to explain! In the coming weeks, we will be opening applications to the public to join us this December in playing Legends of Equestria. But not just for a weekend - when you enter Equestria this December it will be for good!

I hope you're as excited as we are about this announcement, so excited in fact that we're celebrating with one more Open Server Event! Join us Friday, July 29th to Sunday, July 31st and help us to commemorate this awesome milestone by having one more Sugarcane Corner party before we open our doors for good!

Stay tuned in for more information on how to apply to the Limited Access Release, as well as the upcoming Open Server Event. These are exciting times and we can't wait to share them with all of you!

Oh.
Okay.
[sarcasm]Well, I'm not hyped at all.[/sarcasm]
#WhatsMyNameWasHere if you need me.
Every time I come online, my personal text changes. They never really make much sense, so you don't need to pay much attention to them.

Dingo Borealis

2016 Jul 11, 02:36:01 #11 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 11, 06:04:59 by Dingo Borealis
Please... You CANNOT simply do this! It's right during the Galacon! A good portion of european bronies gotta be there and so me... (This time with my marefriend and promised her to play LoE together so I can introduce her to this game D: ).
For the sake of many groups of bronies here, please move the opening to the next week-end.  ono

Gamepaw

What will happen with the Chatbox? Both during the OSW and the server release in December.

waaaaaaah

This event has been a long time in coming! :D
I AM FIRE AND WATER, EARTH AND SKY! I AM POWER INCARNATE! YOU SHALL KNEEL BEFORE ME AS A WORSHIPER WOULD PROSTRATE BEFORE HIS GOD!"
-Me

My OCs
Book Keeper - Sketch Art - Star Diver

KateFanANIME

Mizuki

Quote from: Gamepaw on 2016 Jul 11, 03:22:10
What will happen with the Chatbox? Both during the OSW and the server release in December.

During OSW's, the Chatbox usually disappears for a little bit. Give or take one or two days after the OSW, so us moderators can recuperate from being so gosh darn vigilant! (Not that we aren't already vigilant all the time, but we tend to go into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE whenever OSW's take place)

As for December, LoE will only be entering a limited release. I'm sure that most people who apply will be able to get in the game, but there may be some who do not but still wish to use the chat box. I can't say for certain since I'm not in charge of opening/closing the chat, but my guess is that the Chat Box will remain open until the game is no longer limited.

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Charade

lightspeed_flash

2016 Jul 11, 06:38:30 #17 Last Edit: 2016 Jul 11, 07:23:57 by lightspeed_flash

I'm so excited! woo! Just so EXCITED!!

spiritwolf98

This is very great to hear!!! :D But a question, what about a download?
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Shiatzu

:D Finally! Can't wait till applications open up, and better yet, the game! Fingers crossed I'll get in, I've sorted this game for quite a while now, even despite first PLAYING it last year.

Go Up