Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Mewb on 2015 Mar 03, 04:03:42
My garbage doesn't take itself out during winter. Selfish garbage just sitting around all day stinking too high heaven needing a bath. Eating all my discarded good.

Nor does the mail get itself, unfortunately. God, I'm a terrible, terrible person. When I was carrying mail standing at apartment mailboxes in the bitter cold, I used to curse apartment dwellers for letting their mail pile up and making my job that much harder. And here I am doing exactly the same.

I'm getting the mail first thing in the morning.

Mewb

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 03, 04:06:55
Nor does the mail get itself, unfortunately. God, I'm a terrible, terrible person. When I was carrying mail standing at apartment mailboxes in the bitter cold, I used to curse apartment dwellers for letting their mail pile up and making my job that much harder. And here I am doing exactly the same.

I'm getting the mail first thing in the morning.

And what about the frozen vehicle doors. This behemoth has been with me through driving adventures that would kill a tank 10 times over. We were unstoppable once. Add .5 nanometers of ice and BOOM!!! complete shut down. Even worse if you don't have a remote starter to warm it up before you spend the next hour playing archeologist trying to chisel out your frozen treasure.

Night Pony

Quote from: Mewb on 2015 Mar 03, 04:29:20
And what about the frozen vehicle doors. This behemoth has been with me through driving adventures that would kill a tank 10 times over. We were unstoppable once. Add .5 nanometers of ice and BOOM!!! complete shut down. Even worse if you don't have a remote starter to warm it up before you spend the next hour playing archeologist trying to chisel out your frozen treasure.

Take a bottle of hot water with you each morning. lol

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Mewb

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Mar 03, 04:33:20
Take a bottle of hot water with you each morning. lol

I've seen that ice tear my hot water limb from bloody transparent limb in an epic battle known only to the gods. The savage cruelty of door ice cannot be tame by fast moving molecules in a liquid solution. Neigh, the door ice will devour your very soul should you let it. Such pitiful watery methods only serve to raise its ire.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Mewb on 2015 Mar 03, 04:42:11
I've seen that ice tear my hot water limb from bloody transparent limb in an epic battle known only to the gods. The savage cruelty of door ice cannot be tame by fast moving molecules in a liquid solution. Neigh, the door ice will devour your very soul should you let it. Such pitiful watery methods only serve to raise its ire.

I think this is a melodramatic way of saying that throwing hot water on a frozen window can crack it. Not a good idea.

Night Pony

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 03, 04:46:21
I think this is a melodramatic way of saying that throwing hot water on a frozen window can crack it. Not a good idea.

But wasn't he saying about frozen doors? As in the seals are frozen and the door can't be opened? Regardless, warm water still works without consequences if you don't have special store bought defrosting spray.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Little Star

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 01, 19:36:52
SeaWorld.
The trainers aren't at fault. They're lied to just as much as the public is.

And no, this isn't an "I'm sad that animals are kept in captivity."
This is a "There have been many recorded signs that their living conditions are leaving them feeling distressed and frustrated, but SeaWorld lies to the public about it and misinforms them about orcas. SeaWorld says orcas live 25-35 years, and they live longer in captivity. The truth is, in the wild, the males live at least 50 years and the females at least 100. They only live 25-35 in SeaWorld, thanks to the living conditions. SeaWorld says 25% of orcas' dorsal fins bend over and become floppy. In reality, only 1% of orcas have a floppy dorsal fin in the wild, but it's common in SeaWorld parks, especially among males. This is not a good sign. There are many more things, much worse things."

I just saw this. This is something that hurts me and my best friend. It's just not cool.

Chishio Kunrin

It drives me crazy when I see any console, other than a Wii, set up vertically.
Doesn't matter if it's an Xbox 360 of any kind, a PS3, or even a PS2. Yes, I just saw not only a GameStop ad that had a PS2 standing vertically but also a photo someone took of their PS2, PS3, and PS4 with the PS2 set vertically and actually running.

It bothers me so much. I don't like it. I really don't like it. It doesn't look stable or secure, and it makes me so nervous.
I set my consoles horizontal, thank you all very much. And they're perfectly fine, all of them.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Sunshine Smash

My good pair of ear buds broke. And now I'm stuck with either a pair that stops my music if it moves too much.

Or a secure pair that plays music on one of the buds on an extremely lower volume. Ughhhhh.... I'll have to look through my house a bit I guess..

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 03, 10:22:46
It drives me crazy when I see any console, other than a Wii, set up vertically.
Doesn't matter if it's an Xbox 360 of any kind, a PS3, or even a PS2. Yes, I just saw not only a GameStop ad that had a PS2 standing vertically but also a photo someone took of their PS2, PS3, and PS4 with the PS2 set vertically and actually running.

It bothers me so much. I don't like it. I really don't like it. It doesn't look stable or secure, and it makes me so nervous.
I set my consoles horizontal, thank you all very much. And they're perfectly fine, all of them.
i always wondered why they set it up like that all of mines are flat :s

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Mar 03, 12:44:59
i always wondered why they set it up like that all of mines are flat :s

I set them all flat as well. After a certain..... Incident, I refuse to set up consoles vertically, except for Wiis.

Peace Keeper

I live in earthquake country, so there is a perfect reason why I never set them vertically.

I guess personal preference for people who like their console vertical. I like mines horizontal, even my Wii X3
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Randam Saiko

The type of people who, when offended, make a huge deal out of it and goes out of their way to "make sure something right is done." If you are browsing content (youtube, forums, tumblr , etc) and you see something that offends you, just scroll past it, block it, mute it, unfollow the OP, exit the site, close the window, JUST LEAVE. No one is whispering into your ear, "You have to do something about this injustice!" Unless the offense was intentionally made to promote negativity, JUST LEAVE.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Caballia

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Mar 03, 19:13:23
The type of people who, when offended, make a huge deal out of it and goes out of their way to "make sure something right is done." If you are browsing content (youtube, forums, tumblr , etc) and you see something that offends you, just scroll past it, block it, mute it, unfollow the OP, exit the site, close the window, JUST LEAVE. No one is whispering into your ear, "You have to do something about this injustice!" Unless the offense was intentionally made to promote negativity, JUST LEAVE.

[TRIGGERED]
Oh, what a night

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2015 Mar 03, 19:13:23
Spoiler: show

Or unless it's going to cause an epidemic of horrific health problems like that stupid Oreo mascara. o_O Ugh. *Shudders*

Quote from: Caballia on 2015 Mar 03, 22:33:46
[TRIGGERED]

True triggering isn't being annoyed, offended, or mildly uncomfortable.
True triggering is when something actually has a really bad effect on someone's mental health. People with mental disorders sometimes end up having to do research on something before they can feel safe enough to watch or play it, but you can't exactly do it with original Youtube videos and fanfictions and whatnot.
I'm talking about things like PTSD, depression, and whatnot.

I'm just saying this so you guys know to take the term "triggered" seriously in the situations where it's used correctly, where something could actually cause someone horrible distress.

Yeah, see, here's the thing, the Wii's disc drive is specifically designed to grab the disc and pull it in and keep it securely where it's supposed to be.

Other consoles (aside from the PS4 and PS3, which I also set horizontally) are designed differently. They eject a tray that you place the disc in the middle of. I feel like they were specifically designed in a way where being set horizontally is best and being set vertically is risky.

Unfortunately, they're sometimes advertised as standing vertically, I guess for aesthetic, even the PS3. So, some people think you're supposed to set them vertically, and I guess other people just like how it looks.
Spoiler: GameStop "We buy your old systems" ad has PS2 standing vertically. • show

Spoiler: Some PS3 ads. • show

Spoiler: Tons of Xbox 360 ads have it vertical. • show

Spoiler: Some PS4 ads. • show

So far, I haven't seen any ads that have the Xbox One vertical.

Sunshine Smash

Wow. That kinda bothers me. Why do you have them vertical? It looks worse and is even more dangerous for the disc!

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 03, 23:04:27
So far, I haven't seen any ads that have the Xbox One vertical.

Unlike the 360, the Xbox One is not designed to stand up vertically, so at least there is that and the Wii U that are not designed to stand at all.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Mar 03, 23:37:19
Unlike the 360, the Xbox One is not designed to stand up vertically, so at least there is that and the Wii U that are not designed to stand at all.

I don't like the thought of standing a 360 up vertically. :s I mean, sure the original has little nubs for you to stand it on, but I just don't do it. And I definitely won't do it to my 360 Slim. That and my PS4 are my babies.

When I make a homemade waffle and put it on a plate, and condensation builds up between the plate and the bottom of my waffle, making it wet. DD:

I keep having to split it into 4 pieces and put the pieces on the edge of the plate to keep them from getting all wet.

Mewb

2015 Mar 04, 01:52:41 #15658 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 04, 01:54:28 by Mewb
Oh oh oh I got another one.

Know what annoys me? LEARNING!!!

Information doesn't just up and jump into ma' BRAIN! I have to spend time and effort and energy looking at this thing and thinking "squeak squeak squeak squeak."
I could be spending that time effort and energy on better things, like watching poorly made youtube videos.
Instead of reading the advanced theorems on quantum mechanics... Pffffft

Lync Volan

i somehow got sick yesterday/today and i think it was my fault for not washing my hands before i ate or its just my natural body order cause i'm going to be taking an air flight soon
since everytime i'm about to get on a plane i somehow get a cold

i swear when i get back to Ny i'm not taking another flight until a year or so i don't care if i'm left home alone :l

Go Up