MLP: Season 5 Exclusive season 5 trailer.

Started by Crescent Sun, 2015 Feb 11, 21:05:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crescent Sun

Just awsome!  O:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

wingedpineapple

2015 Feb 11, 22:03:05 #1 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 11, 22:05:08 by wingedpineapple
Quote from: Crescent Sun on 2015 Feb 11, 21:05:05
Just awsome!  O:

Spoiler: show
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

I did link this video in another thread before but whatever.
The teaser shows us the new town, the new map and the the new villian antagonist :v
[move][/move]

Mizuki

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 11, 22:03:05

Not everyone checks every thread in the forums, so it's totally fine to start a new topic about this particular video, as Crescent Sun just did :)

Anyway, that trailer looks AMAZING!! Now this is the kind of stuff I wanted to see in Season 4 in the first place. Traveling, exploring the land, discovering new places...it seems pretty sweet!

My only worries/complaints are gonna be under a spoiler since I don't wanna step on anybody's Ponytails:
1) With Twilight getting confused by all this, I hope that Season 5 doesn't start to go in a direction that's too garbled and convoluted for little kids to follow. I know previous seasons were pushing it quite a bit.
2) Oh great, another cartoon that's going to say that "equality" is synonymous for "bad"  :l I mean yeah, I get it; they're really trying to say that "having everyone be exactly the same would be dull boring and creepy", but did they have to use an "Equal" sign to get that across? Why not a big grey blob or something? Or some kind of circle? Did it have to be Equality?

But those are just knit picks I guess!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Feb 11, 22:27:52
Not everyone checks every thread in the forums, so it's totally fine to start a new topic about this particular video, as Crescent Sun just did :)

I just felt the need of say that :v

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Feb 11, 22:27:52
My only worries/complaints are gonna be under a spoiler since I don't wanna step on anybody's Ponytails:
1) With Twilight getting confused by all this, I hope that Season 5 doesn't start to go in a direction that's too garbled and convoluted for little kids to follow. I know previous seasons were pushing it quite a bit.
2) Oh great, another cartoon that's going to say that "equality" is synonymous for "bad"  :l I mean yeah, I get it; they're really trying to say that "having everyone be exactly the same would be dull boring and creepy", but did they have to use an "Equal" sign to get that across? Why not a big grey blob or something? Or some kind of circle? Did it have to be Equality?

But those are just knit picks I guess!

1. Are you mean explain why there is something wrong a lot of unnecesary times?
2. Equality is not bad for "boring", this is bad search equality for take away what makes another different in order to give equality, and I think equal signs is more clear, they are supposed to be equals after all :v
[move][/move]

Mizuki

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 11, 22:36:38
I just felt the need of say that :v
1. Are you mean explain why there is something wrong a lot of unnecesary times?
2. Equality is not bad for "boring", this is bad search equality for take away what makes another different in order to give equality, and I think equal signs is more clear, they are supposed to be equals after all :v

1. Well, I mean some parts might go over small children's heads. Not that MLP is overly complicated, but things can get "wordy" at times which might make the audience go "huh?"
2. I suppose it does get the point across. I just hope there isn't a miscommunication involved.

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Mizuki on 2015 Feb 11, 22:48:36
1. Well, I mean some parts might go over small children's heads. Not that MLP is overly complicated, but things can get "wordy" at times which might make the audience go "huh?"
2. I suppose it does get the point across. I just hope there isn't a miscommunication involved.

1. "And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions."~twilight EQG2, something like that? (It was explained for pinkie immediately tho)
2.There is already a miscommunication involved, this could be "feeling pinkie keen" all over again :v
[move][/move]

Mizuki

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 11, 23:00:02
1. "And the interval between the two points is defined as the square root of the sum of the squares of the separation between the points along three spatial dimensions."~twilight EQG2, something like that? (It was explained for pinkie immediately tho)
2.There is already a miscommunication involved, this could be "feeling pinkie keen" all over again :v

1. Sorta! That line was mostly for comedic effect though lol
2. You're right! O__O

Hash Myth

2015 Feb 12, 03:33:34 #7 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 12, 03:51:13 by Hash Myth
Okay with all the "Spoilers" looked over I only have one thing to say about all this...

MLP Season 5 is totally Spoiling Equality

Also I already figured this episode out... (I think)
Think back to Star Trek... The Borg? I sense John De Lancie is behind this

Yup... I went there :P

Also here are the Mane 6, Season 5 Teaser Trailers all wrapped up into 1 without the silly "buy our stuff" at the end.
For those of you who have not watched them or needed a refresher  ^-^

Crescent Sun

2015 Feb 12, 10:22:05 #8 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 12, 10:26:22 by Crescent Sun
QuoteI did link this video in another thread before but whatever.

I posted it in the forum 18 minutes before posted in the official facebook, i did a post search about it and didn't found it, so i though bcould be good to make a topic so all the fanbase knows about it  :D no bad intentions here  ;)

And now answering the spoilers  ovO:

- The show started to follow a non-kids direction from season 2 smoothly, the dialogs, the storyline, even some words used to explain things are non common even for an adult, i think hasbro found that there's an important adult fanbase arround the world, Hasbro knows that something huge have been created here, and is going to exploit it to the limit.

- I think the same as Hash, i've seen star trek and this is very influenced by it, the borg "assimilating" everything, i know the symbol isn't the best, but i love the idea.

Oh and also i love the "say what" reference to a fanmade video

wingedpineapple

Quote from: Crescent Sun on 2015 Feb 12, 10:22:05
No bad intentions here  ;)

Neat, I will go full paranoic now :v

And I doubt this is a reference or at least not at that video. v:
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 11, 22:03:05
The teaser shows us the new town, the new map and the the new villian antagonist :v

O:

I just now noticed that all the ponies have the same mane and tail styles. None of them are allowed to be different!
Spoiler: The possible antagonist • show
She's smiling in such a smug way. Some people say she's an alicorn.
Some also say she looks like the Princess Skyla toy, except an adult, but Skyla's mane is purple and yellow, not purple and cyan.

Spoiler: The map • show
Whoooa, what's the kingdom on the right?! Are the mane six gonna go there?! 'Cause the Crystal Kingdom is at the top in the north, so that castle on the right/east is definitely something else.
There's also an interesting place in the south. I wonder why the skull only has one eye hole.
The place with the ice waves in the north looks interesting.

I think the mane six definitely will be traveling a lot this season. I can't wait!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

wingedpineapple

2015 Feb 12, 14:53:00 #11 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 12, 14:56:05 by wingedpineapple
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 12, 14:34:11
O:

I just now noticed that all the ponies have the same mane and tail styles. None of them are allowed to be different!
Spoiler: The possible antagonist • show
She's smiling in such a smug way. Some people say she's an alicorn.
Some also say she looks like the Princess Skyla toy, except an adult, but Skyla's mane is purple and yellow, not purple and cyan.

Spoiler: The map • show
Whoooa, what's the kingdom on the right?! Are the mane six gonna go there?! 'Cause the Crystal Kingdom is at the top in the north, so that castle on the right/east is definitely something else.
There's also an interesting place in the south. I wonder why the skull only has one eye hole.
The place with the ice waves in the north looks interesting.

I think the mane six definitely will be traveling a lot this season. I can't wait!

So far I can tell she is not a alicorn like people  believes that doesn't mean she is not searching for be a alicorn or just something else using the cutiemarks that she is taking tho

Based on the official map people believes these are the posible places on the map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Worldbuilding :v
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: wingedpineapple on 2015 Feb 12, 14:53:00
So far I can tell she is not a alicorn like people  believes that doesn't mean she is not searching for be a alicorn or just something else using the cutiemarks that she is taking tho

Based on the official map people believes these are the posible places on the map:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Worldbuilding :v

That pony on the shelf took Rarity's place! DD: Poor Rarity!
Spoiler: Map • show
Ohhhh that makes sense. I hope this means we'll visit the Griffon Kingdom this season! :D

Spoiler: I think I figured out the antagonist's goal! • show
Spoiler: Be careful, for my theory might ruin the reveal, if I'm right • show
Spoiler: Are you sure you want it possibly spoiled? • show
Spoiler: Reeeeally sure? • show
Spoiler: Okay, here it is. • show
She wants to have a whole bunch of talents instead of just one, so she's stealing everypony's talents with that staff!! Though, I don't know why she's showing it to the mane six. Must be part of the trap.

LostSanity

Yes, it'll be interesting.

But I still want to know why S5 took so long to air.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Mizuki

Quote from: Crescent Sun on 2015 Feb 12, 10:22:05
- The show started to follow a non-kids direction from season 2 smoothly, the dialogs, the storyline, even some words used to explain things are non common even for an adult, i think hasbro found that there's an important adult fanbase arround the world, Hasbro knows that something huge have been created here, and is going to exploit it to the limit.
[/quote]

[spoiler]Yeah, but like, the show is still a family show. It's G rated. I know some older kids will probably be able to use context clues to figure out what some of the bigger words mean, but I'd hate to see a small child who's in it for the ponies, (and not so much for the heavy-dialogue scenes) suddenly become completely lost. ono

I'm not saying that little kids can't understand complex things, (well, some kids can't, but most are smarter than what adults give them credit for) I'm just saying that intelligent writing shouldn't be exclusively an adult thing. You can have amazingly smart writing even when you aim it towards kids, without it being needlessly complicated :nod:

Chishio Kunrin

EQD posted an article with screenshots of the trailer, though they can be possibly spoilery if you examine some of them too closely.

Dream Dust

I'm just excited for this all the way around. There is so much that can be done here and the story looks like it had a lot of thought put into it, from what I can speculate.  :D

I also like that they aren't dumbing down the show for 'childish thinking.' Kids are smart and this show is totally engaging children at the level they are able to understand. I've let kids watch this show who don't even speak the presented language fluently and they haven't been too lost. Plus kids have a tendency to watch things multiple times until they feel they've learned all they can from it. Even if some of the plot goes over their heads, they will continue to enjoy the show and watch it, learning something new each time.

I'm excited to see what the writers do with the equal cutie marks. There is so much that can be said on the topic of 'being equal' and 'being different or special' that I'm just eager to see what new perspective the show can bring. I've been pleasantly surprised at how they have handled so many typical kid show topics with fresh interpretations that I'm not too worried about liking the message as much as, well, having to live without knowing the release date!  >A<

wingedpineapple

Another trailer!!! :V

inb4 another thread :v
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Feb 13, 21:07:55 #18 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 16, 05:43:29 by Chishio Kunrin
Yes, Hasbro, but what month?! DD: What month in spring?! I can't wait!

Post Merge

Noticed a special new pony in a video about the upcoming EG and MLP toys. I had to do a doubletake because I was like "Wait, that wasn't Twilight, was it?!"
Spoiler: Kind of a spoiler, of course. • show

Go Up