I hate bees!

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Oct 12, 09:39:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nameless

I had been living with bees for a year and a half before we finally called an exterminator(I don't know why we waited so long). I was on vacation when he came, so I wasn't there to see it, but apparently we had about 12,000 chilling in our wall for over a year and a half. This doesn't include the bees that were killed overtime, which would probably make about 16,000 bees in total.  After exterminating them, we were left with about 3 garbage bags full of honeycombs and dead bees.

Spoiler: Picture • show

Avatar courtesy of LoE  |  Banner courtesy of Travius Trott

PrincessButton

Quote from: Nameless on 2012 Oct 13, 12:33:01
I had been living with bees for a year and a half before we finally called an exterminator(I don't know why we waited so long). I was on vacation when he came, so I wasn't there to see it, but apparently we had about 12,000 chilling in our wall for over a year and a half. This doesn't include the bees that were killed overtime, which would probably make about 16,000 bees in total.  After exterminating them, we were left with about 3 garbage bags full of honeycombs and dead bees.

WOAH. That's crazy!!  O:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Dark Pumpkin

I love bees, they are cute :3

Plus they won't randomly sting without good reason so I just let the bee do it's thing while I do my thing and everyone around me freaks out about a harmless little insect xD
Pony. That is all.

Avatar art is an awesome commission curtsey of CappyDarn on deviantArt right here!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Oct 13, 12:56:57

WOAH. That's crazy!!  O:
dang :I glad that problem got solved.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

HerpyDooves

:I

Book Smarts

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Oct 13, 12:05:12
Spoiler: show

Its curious of the camera AND cleaning itself :3

It's so fuzzy! :3

Little Judas

Bumblebees are awesome too.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Dark Pumpkin on 2012 Oct 13, 14:21:06
I love bees, they are cute :3

Plus they won't randomly sting without good reason so I just let the bee do it's thing while I do my thing and everyone around me freaks out about a harmless little insect xD

Bees hurt themselves to hurt you. So they are not likely to try to hurt you for no good reason.

Vertigo

O my gosh this thread is evil I love bees I want to work with plants later on and get all mad if someone says anything bad about plants (you should of saw me that one time)

Book Smarts

They really only sting if they're unlucky enough to fly inside your shirt  :l

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Vertigo on 2012 Oct 13, 22:01:50
O my gosh this thread is evil I love bees I want to work with plants later on and get all mad if someone says anything bad about plants (you should of saw me that one time)

Trust me, I love nature, especially bees. But when they're in my house, they're considered flying needles! lol

SapphirePony

I'm neutral when it comes to bees, since they ARE adorable, but I had a bad experience with a bee when I was little... it's a bit to odd to say  X3 I'll just say, one bee stung me 3 times. Now how to get dem bees out of your house, you gotta smack dem out that window  :]

The Wandering Magus

I don't really mind bees if they keep to themselves and don't swarm my food and such, but when they build a hive in a house's walls or try to steal your food, that's when it crosses a line.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

ShadowHeart

Bees? Bees?! BEES!!!! Gah! Scary buzzing, scary stinger, scary faces!!!!! Well, if they're at a distance and not flying around to much and are the rumbly tumbly type then they aren't too bad. Once I saw a mother bee with her baby bees and she was teaching them how to get pollen from a flower and it was so cute. I got up super close and they didn't seem to mind. By the way, you should read the first chapter of the Secret Life of Bees, it's about how this girl lays in bed in the early morning and lets a bunch of bees just freely come in and buzz about. As long as bees stay away from me, I'm good......Have you tried calling an exterminator?

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Lord of Madness

My parents try to hit bees out of the house with tennis rackets.  DD:

Rayman

Try being in danger of almost getting killed by those buggers :/
Sometimes when life give you rules you just gotta say, "Forget it. #Yolo."Also thank you Jenzy for the icon. :3
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4521.0#new <- To those who wants to know my

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Oct 14, 21:57:26
My parents try to hit bees out of the house with tennis rackets.  DD:

The other day when I post this thread when I was being bothered by the bees, I couldn't find the fly swatter, so I was thinking about using a big stick I had in the garage. lol I don't know what was going to through my head at the time.

Quote from: Rayman on 2012 Oct 14, 22:01:49
Try being in danger of almost getting killed by those buggers :/

I would like to ask, what kind of situation WERE YOU IN?!

Rayman

I shook down a tree. You know the rest.
Sometimes when life give you rules you just gotta say, "Forget it. #Yolo."Also thank you Jenzy for the icon. :3
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4521.0#new <- To those who wants to know my

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Rayman on 2012 Oct 14, 22:04:24
I shook down a tree. You know the rest.

that would tick off some bees

Rayman

Go Up