Got a Weird Talent?

Started by SapphirePony, 2012 Jul 24, 19:50:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ChilledEagle

I got nothing unless you count snarky remarks as a talent.

The Wandering Magus

I can mash a coca-cola can with my hands... x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Zygrograxgra

I can make my mind go completely blank, no thoughts, nothing.
Can't actually do anything when I'm doing it..
:|

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

I can.. kneel for a very long time :P
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

lurk852

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Jul 25, 23:57:02
I can make my mind go completely blank, no thoughts, nothing.
Can't actually do anything when I'm doing it..
:|

Plenty of people expend a lot of effort trying to do that. I'm okay at it, myself - helps getting to sleep.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 26, 00:44:41 #45 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 26, 00:46:30 by Chishio Kunrin
Talents I have control over:
- I can pick stuff up with my toes. It's mostly because I have long toes.

Talents I have no control over:
- I sometimes see or sense the future.
- I can sometimes predict the weather without a weather channel or anything. I just need to look at the sky, feel the wind, look at the air, smell the air, etc. One sunny windy day, I predicted a storm that showed up the next day.
- The range of sounds I can hear is shifted more toward high frequency. I can hear high pitched sounds that other people can't. A lot of technology has a tendency to give off really really high pitched sounds that most people can't hear. In fact, while having an ultrasound done on my neck, I could hear the sound that the device was giving off. I can hear ultrasound.
- I read someone's mind once, but he was trying to broadcast his thoughts to the people whose hands he was holding. I wasn't participating, nor trying to hear the name of a color he was trying to put in everyone's heads. I was just eating my lunch with my mind completely blank, sitting down the table from him. And then... "Red... red... red..."

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 25, 01:24:34
My parents also say I can have a conversation with someone when Im asleep. :I

That's no talent, silly. That's technically sleepwalking. I do it too. lol Except, I can even sit up and open my eyes while having a conversation with someone.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

hey Chishio, guess what I'm thinking :]

Spoiler: no cheating! • show
worlds within worlds, the infinite realms of the multiverse, why should any think themselves great when compared to the vastness of the All?  to conquer a single world, a star, a galaxy, a single plane, a dimension... all pales when seen in perspective.  why war over little lands on a little ball of dirt?  why strive so hard to earn so little?  the way is infinite, and has no name, but those that walk it understand the truth, inexplicable to those who know it not.

I have a talent with making walls of text lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 26, 02:23:41
hey Chishio, guess what I'm thinking :]

Spoiler: no cheating! • show
worlds within worlds, the infinite realms of the multiverse, why should any think themselves great when compared to the vastness of the All?  to conquer a single world, a star, a galaxy, a single plane, a dimension... all pales when seen in perspective.  why war over little lands on a little ball of dirt?  why strive so hard to earn so little?  the way is infinite, and has no name, but those that walk it understand the truth, inexplicable to those who know it not.

I have a talent with making walls of text lol

I listed it under talents I have no control over, silly. lol It would be awesome if I could control all my talents, but sadly, I can't. They just randomly activate, then deactivate. Except my ability to hear high frequency sounds. That's always active.

The Wandering Magus

i can hear ultrasound too :P  although after a while I learn to ignore it, kinda x3

Chishio Kunrin

It's an uncommon feat. My mom can hear high frequency sounds too. I wonder how rare it is. I just know that most people can't hear frequencies that high.

AAA13

I can see... things... I can't tell you exactly what or you'll think I'm a nut-job.
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: AAA13 on 2012 Jul 26, 02:39:20
I can see... things... I can't tell you exactly what or you'll think I'm a nut-job.

Pfft, I won't. I've seen ghosts, dark figures, and a dragon's shadow. :3

Kamikaze

i can defeat the cinnamon challenge...that's about it.  xD

Cryoid

2012 Jul 26, 03:13:08 #53 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 26, 03:16:56 by Cryoid
well let's see...

I can pick up a song and sing along to it without knowing the lyrics on my first time hearing it.

I can play Halo with my feet  <--- That's my all time favorite... Playing Halo AND Minecraft at the same time is so awesome!

I blackout...  During this blackouts I manage to accomplish stuff that I can't do normally.  For instance I took my final in my AP English class... I looked at the pages and was like: "Aww... *EXPLETIVE*" Then the next thing I know I'm handing in the test with no memory of doing any of it.  That's not really a talent... Well It is kinda, but... Yeah... moving on.

I've got this weird effect on people.  Anybody (or pony) I talk to I can subconsciously convince within just a few minutes to open up to me.  It's weird, because I'll just be talking to them then suddenly they start spilling out anything and everything.

I'm also a very good liar I've found.  I can tell the most outrageous stories to people and they believe me for some strange reason.  Maybe it's got something to do with the above, but I haven't the strangest idea.

Oh!  I can also make my sister do the Ugly Dance very very well :3

Sponk

I can handle anything spicy. lol
Blah blah blah.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cryoid on 2012 Jul 26, 03:13:08
I blackout...  During this blackouts I manage to accomplish stuff that I can't do normally.  For instance I took my final in my AP English class... I looked at the pages and was like: "Aww... *EXPLETIVE*" Then the next thing I know I'm handing in the test with no memory of doing any of it.  That's not really a talent... Well It is kinda, but... Yeah... moving on.

I wonder if you have multiple personality disorder (which has a new name, but I can't remember it). The dominant personality is aware of all other personalities and aware of what happens to the other personalities. Maybe your dominant personality took over to take your final for you because it was too hard for you.

Cryoid

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 26, 03:17:48

I wonder if you have multiple personality disorder (which has a new name, but I can't remember it). The dominant personality is aware of all other personalities and aware of what happens to the other personalities. Maybe your dominant personality took over to take your final for you because it was too hard for you.

It's possible I guess.  I don't know that just sounds weird

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cryoid on 2012 Jul 26, 03:20:48
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 26, 03:17:48

It's possible I guess.  I don't know that just sounds weird

Yeah, it does sound weird. The disorder itself is weird. But if you think about it, your personality is just data stored in the frontal lobe of your brain.

On-Topic: One of my talents is kind of shifty. I can be pretty good at remembering stuff a lot. But at the same time, I.. forget stuff. I think I have really good long term memory, but bad short term memory. I even have moments where I completely forget something that happened a minute ago, or an hour ago, or that morning.

Yeah.. I tend to have to try really hard just to remember what all I ate during the day, and it's super hard to even remember what I ate the night before. So yeah. Weird memory, but overall, I have quite a databank for long term memory a lot of the time.

The Wandering Magus

i have semi-photographic memory, but it only triggers on random things xD

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Jul 26, 16:21:55
i have semi-photographic memory, but it only triggers on random things xD

I used to be able to say that about card games I memorised Every card untill i took a hiatus from the game

Go Up