Weird Dream Thread

Started by Crystal Chaos, 2012 Jun 29, 21:26:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

lurk852

Quote from: Firey on 2012 Jun 30, 15:44:54
I wish I could have a lucid dream.

I had several over a period of a few months last year, but haven't had any for awhile. Kind of unfortunate. The more recent ones tended to be really fragile - i.e. I'd wake up if I thought about anything too hard. Wikipedia's page on lucid dreaming has some tips for causing and prolonging them, though, and they worked pretty well for me.

Come to think of it, the period where I first started having a lot of lucid dreams came after I got Franz Ferdinand's "Lucid Dreams" stuck in my head for days on end... apparently I'm pretty suggestible  :/
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Vick McBread

2012 Jun 30, 16:19:59 #21 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 30, 16:38:29 by Vick McBread
Anyone have any tips on Lucid Dreaming We had one once but We can't jump back into one.
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

KoalaLover99

lurk852

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jun 30, 16:19:59
Anyone have any tips on Lucid Dreaming We had one once but We can't jump back into one.

I was going to type out some tips, but then I realized someone already did that in this thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3224.0

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2012 Jun 30, 16:38:24

What's that? o_O

A dream in which you're aware that you're dreaming, basically. If you get good at it, you can control the dream.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lato_Dato

I had a dream were it was the apocalypse- probably from watching too many disaster movies. I was watching the TV, and everywhere it was dark and cloudy, with horrible weather everywhere. For some reason there were pillars of fire coming from the clouds, destroying things. I looked out of the window, and it was the same outside my house too >A<

Dr. Krest

Quote from: Johannes on 2012 Jun 30, 05:31:32
Two rock cubes on a grass field.
And nothing happened.

lolz I get it. "nothing happened" Minecraft reference, right?

Cutiebone

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 30, 16:43:06
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jun 30, 16:19:59

I was going to type out some tips, but then I realized someone already did that in this thread: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3224.0

Quote from: KoalaLover99 on 2012 Jun 30, 16:38:24

What's that? o_O

A dream in which you're aware that you're dreaming, basically. If you get good at it, you can control the dream.

Oh wow I control my dreams all the time, but it isn't that fun because you know it's a dream :/
but the dream I explained I was unaware
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 01, 02:06:36 #27 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 01, 02:48:12 by Chishio Kunrin
Spoiler: Secret agent mom • show
So, one time, I dreamed that my mom was a secret agent. I even went with her to a secret base where there were other agents. She ended up with a special mission, but she was kidnapped by the villain. I had to suit up with secret agent gadgets and stuff and go save her. However, once I got part of the way to her location, I found out that my friend was being held hostage many miles away. I had to figure out how to save both him and my mom! But then I woke up.

Spoiler: Super rebellion team squad in the future GO! • show
This dream was a lot more detailed, but I can't remember a whole lot of it now. I joined a team of people who were going to take down some evil overlord, and we were kind of in a semi-futuristic city. We met up on a high-up floor of a sky scraper, and I saw one of my close friends in the reflection of the window, but he wasn't in the room with us. It was like he was literally in the window. Our leader was this hispanic guy. I think his name was Javier or something. He was freaking awesome, we all loved him, and he was our commander. But I had a feeling he was going to die at some point. I saw my friend again in a crowd of people when we headed out into the streets. We ended up scaling a volcano to get into an opening to the villain's lair. But then I woke up.

Spoiler: One of the most visually bizarre dreams ever • show
I can't remember what all happened in this dream, mostly because I wasn't even sure what was going on in the first place. That, and I was distracted by the weird visual effect everything had. It was like everything had three extra outlines floating out from the normal one. The extra outlines were orange, and it was like they made things that were already 3D even more 3D.

One time, my friends and I all had weird dreams that were kind of similar in some ways. The biggest point in it: We were all being chased by something. For some reason, somehow, we were actually able to connect our dreams in chronological order to form one big story. And I mean big story. I saved all the details written down and stuff just because it was so amazing. So, since it is so big and I have the details saved, I'm not sure if I should post it or not. If anyone wants to read about it, I can post it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 01, 02:06:36
One time, my friends and I all had weird dreams that were kind of similar in some ways. The biggest point in it: We were all being chased by something. For some reason, somehow, we were actually able to connect our dreams in chronological order to form one big story. And I mean big story. I saved all the details written down and stuff just because it was so amazing. So, since it is so big and I have the details saved, I'm not sure if I should post it or not. If anyone wants to read about it, I can post it.

I want to read it! :D

I haven't had any weird dreams recently.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Jul 01, 02:15:37 #29 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 01, 02:41:05 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 01, 02:12:25
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 01, 02:06:36

I want to read it! :D

I haven't had any weird dreams recently.

Okie doke. ovO Might take a little while to post up, so have this in the meantime:

I noticed Legulus's post about dreaming that he was in space, and it reminded me of the end of a weird dream I had. I'd been watching a little too much of the anime Soul Eater, so in my dream, I was helping the main characters fight evil bad guys. But then for some reason, we ended up in a space ship, and the ship broke in half, so the bad guys got away in an air-locked part of the other half. The last thing I remember is floating, surrounded by the other main characters, and we were all pretty much unable to breathe. I woke up before I died. :I

Quote from: Fudgemuffin on 2012 Jun 30, 09:55:32
Later, I saw Tobuscus IRL and asked if he was a brony. He said no.

:/ I wonder if that changed. There's a Let's Play Skyrim episode where he was free-style rapping, and around the end of the rap, he said "r-r-ra-rarara-ra-rainboom!"

Spoiler: The connected dreams. Beware, it's kind of weird, since, well, we were being chased by stuff and we were scared, and things got dramatic. I'll spare some of the details • show
We're pretty sure everything started in Kevin's dream. He dreamed that he, Marshall, Mystri, his parents, and I were all in a car at night, going down an empty highway. Suddenly, the car sped up, tumbled off a cliff, and he saw the wreckage before passing out. Darkness.

Then, he gained consciousness and could tell he was been roughly picked up by someone. He was being carried up some stairs. They tossed him in a room, and then later, they came back in and knocked him out. He woke up in a lab kind of room, laying on a table. Marshall, Mystri, and I were on other tables. I woke up and helped him drag/carry Marshall and Mystri down stairs. When we got tired, we stopped to take a rest. But we got caught, and he.. well... It didn't end well.

Next is my dream. I must have escaped. But I had amnesia, and I was running from some random principal guy who wanted me dead for some reason. I ran into some people who stood up for me in some old diner or something. And then I ended up in a ruined old school in some abandoned city. A guy, I couldn't see him very well, told me to hurry and slide down a vent in the floor because there was some guy outside the school doing something. So I did, and he followed me, and the other guy set off a nuclear bomb to wipe out the empty city. :I We climbed back up out of the vent and figured he thought he got us, so we were safe. We theorize the unknown guy who saved me was our friend Marshall.

Mystri said she dreamed she and a girl she didn't recognize were hiding in a car, when zombies came for them. o_o

And finally, another one of our friends had a dream he was about to log on a chatroom to talk to us, but he got a phone call. The person on the phone said "they" were coming. o_O And all of us were like freaking out and panicking and stuff.

Marshall's dream must've had lag because it didn't come until a night or two later. I didn't really document it, though, and his was pretty unclear. But it seemed to be the aftermath of what happened at the end of my dream.

We don't know for sure, but I'm going with we all lived.

But yeah, it's always super weird when you and other people connect through the dreamworld and have similar/the same dreams in some spooky way.

Firey

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 30, 16:07:52

I had several over a period of a few months last year, but haven't had any for awhile. Kind of unfortunate. The more recent ones tended to be really fragile - i.e. I'd wake up if I thought about anything too hard. Wikipedia's page on lucid dreaming has some tips for causing and prolonging them, though, and they worked pretty well for me.

Come to think of it, the period where I first started having a lot of lucid dreams came after I got Franz Ferdinand's "Lucid Dreams" stuck in my head for days on end... apparently I'm pretty suggestible  :/

I've done some research and I'm trying now. Thanks.
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Tiger

Man Chishio, must be awesome to have them all linked together *-*

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Fudgemuffin

Lucid dreaming takes time so don't give up! It took me two weeks or something to have my first lucid dream which was very short. Then again, I'm not a professional. I've only been practising lucid dreaming for a few weeks. x3

Book Smarts

Well, I just had my first nightmare in years  >.<

Chishio Kunrin

I can't remember or really tell what all was going on in my most recent dream. But I do remember that, at the end, my nanna was baking dozens of blueberry muffins in a big oven. =P I couldn't wait! But then I woke up, and I realized the muffins were just a dream. ono

Fudgemuffin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jul 01, 10:16:29
Well, I just had my first nightmare in years  >.<

Nightmares are horrible, I've always been scared hated 'em. Want to tell us about it? x3

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Jul 01, 14:07:29
I can't remember or really tell what all was going on in my most recent dream. But I do remember that, at the end, my nanna was baking dozens of blueberry muffins in a big oven. =P I couldn't wait! But then I woke up, and I realized the muffins were just a dream. ono

I hate when that happens. >:(

byndbored

2012 Jul 01, 21:20:40 #36 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 02, 11:22:33 by byndbored
I once had a dream where the sky was weird, creepy and it changed; what it looked like it reminds me of Giygas.
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Firey

Well I do remember one dream.
I was sitting in a plane, after I blinked, I found myself hanging from the wing of the plane then I lost grip and woke up.
The pain of loneliness...it hurts...

Zygrograxgra

last night.
I have no idea what was going on, it was too random.
Oh, and I could actually hear my own thoughts during it.
I was not completely asleep for the WHOLE NIGHT.
GAGH.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Captain0Ron

I was lucid dreaming and I woke up. I got ready for work and on the way I got hit head on by an 18hour wheeler. Then I woke up and while I was walking out of the door a car swerved around the corner and hit me pinning me to my house. Then I woke up, and just layed in bed when my fan fell on me. Then I woke up and sat in the corner for about an hour until I finally decided to go outside and when I did I realized I was actually awake. Unless.. Am I dreaming about posting my dream on this thread...   o_o
Somepony prove me wrong.
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

Go Up