Plague Inc. Evolved

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2014 Mar 01, 12:49:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Once of the most popular mobile games of 2013 is moving to the PC in the form of Plague Inc. Evolved. The PC game is still in heavy development, but is available for purchase on Steam for those who want to take part in the interactive development stage, where fan feedback will help shape the final product.

The new features include co-op and competitive multiplayer modes. Modding tools that allow the creation of custom scenarios, disease types, and even planets. As well as a completely rewritten stat and AI system that will make the game more strategy-based and less linear. Oh, and a mega-brutal difficulty for those who found brutal too easy.

The launch trailer, narrated by Dr. Kleiner Ndemic Creations lead developer:

Puynsi

No offense... but I will keep this one, you know, free and its basically the same idea.
Spoiler: show

Midnight Breeze

Thing is Plague Inc. is a much more advanced and strategic game than Pandemic. As I remember Pandemic was just based on pure luck. You just bought new traits when you got the evolution points and prayed you could infect every region before they closed their boarders. Once a region was infect they were doomed, there was absolutely no chance of a region getting rid of the disease once they were infected.

Plague Inc does things differently. In Pandemic humanity worked to develop a vaccine, which was a moot point if everyone was already infect. In Plague Inc humanity develops a cure instead. Meaning even if everyone in the world is already infect, you can still lose if you fail to kill everyone before the cure is complete.

Also, it's not an immediate game over if a country closes it's boarders early. With the right mutations you can get into a closed country via birds, breaches from research labs, ect.

Also, Madagascar isn't the impenetrable bastion of security it was in Pandemic...

...Greenland holds that title now. Lol.

CursiveType

One could also play Infection, yes? Free on iOS, or whatever the iPhone would be considered, and has the same goal as Pandemic and Plague Inc. The only annoying factor I know of thus far regarding Infection is every kind of disease, excluding bacteria, needs to be unlocked.

John Pone

It's pandemic 2.

It's pandemic 2 if they used photoshop to make it look prettier.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Stanwixbuster on 2014 Mar 16, 13:43:08
It's pandemic 2.

It's pandemic 2 if they used photoshop to make it look prettier.

That's nonsense. He did not "use photoshop to make it prettier" he created a whole new game from the ground up.

By that logic every multiplayer FPS is a ripoff of Quake.

Puynsi

You are right... Pandemic 2 is better and logically harder, in plague inc. a cure is developed and you lose, regardless of how lethal you are or how much you have spreaded, you lose.

On Pandemic 2 if a cure is developed you can get rid of sintoms and such, which it cost more ADN in place of giving you back a minimum amount, to create a counter offensive to the cure.

Basically the game implies that if a cure is developed the disease its done, it wont be seeing it again, and ALL of us know thats not how our dear mother nature works.

Meryiel

I haven't played "Pandemic" game yet but I really do love "Plague Inc." and I bought it on Steam. I don't regret this decision - it's an awesome game and I am really excited to play multiplayer with my friends/boyfriend.  ^-^ The graphics are more advanced in the PC version and the gameplay remains the same as in the mobile version. Maybe it's still a bugged, alpha version but it offers lots of fun. I recomend it to everyone!  ;)
PS If you want to buy "Plague Inc. Evolved" I suggest you to wait untill discount on Steam. It costs definitely too expensive for what it offers.  :s

Go Up