My First Song EVER!

Started by Devmoder011, 2012 Jul 20, 11:15:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Devmoder011

I've been working on something small that was going to be short, but after making some tweaks to the song it ended up being longer...hard to name it though.

Give me your opinion! <3 ^-^
[move=6]Just keep on trotting![/move]

Legulus

Just for future reference, there are two N's in "Unnatural" :P

That song, though. Great work! My only criticism is that the main part gets repetitive, but it's electronic, so I guess it works.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Devmoder011

Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Jul 20, 12:23:33
Just for future reference, there are two N's in "Unnatural" :P

That song, though. Great work! My only criticism is that the main part gets repetitive, but it's electronic, so I guess it works.
Well, i'll tell you that Discord got me on that misspelled one :l
It being repeated made it the main part...don't you think that's just Chaotic! ovO
[move=6]Just keep on trotting![/move]

Lord of Madness

I suggest somewhere whenever trying to create a chaotic song such as this a SUDDEN Power hit. (moment where everything just hits the viewer/listener at once with increased volume and heavy base) In the end I like it and I'd like to see and hear more from you.

VintVariety

I will be honest, very good for a first song ;p people's first songs usually have beats out of rhythm and a lot of pre-made sounds. But this is very well put together to kick off.
I dropped a subscription(: hope to see more stuff and improvement! Keep on going.

HerpyDooves

Man, this is really good! I'll subscribe to see more!

hyper drive [HD]

cherry pie

Im a unicorn :P

Ironfire

Very cool/different! I like the rolling feel of the song
Audio guy, self taught musician, mlp fan.
For tunes, check out my soundcloud!
www.soundcloud.com/ironfire

Poets Corner

I love the bouncy sort of feel. I just got about 15 seconds in and I was grinning. Cry pardon, but it reminds me of some of the electronicy songs out of the Homestuck albums, the ones that sound like game music. Which isn't bad! I really liked it, and it's rather catchy.

(Though around... 1:50, i think? It starts detuning. It's more of a pet peeve perhaps than something that's fundamentally wrong, but it drove me to distraction)

Wish there was a little more in the way of dynamic changes too... but if this is your first full song, then you've done a great job so far! If I had to choose, one of the first things that I think I'd want someone to learn how to do is craft interesting little melodic ideas. You'll have to get the rest of it (EQing and finetuning and effects) later, but the melodic idea is the core. And so far you've got it. Not bad.
The streets are empty. Wind skims the voids keeping neighbors apart, as if grazing the hollow of a cut reed, or say, a plundered mailbox. A familiar note is produced. It's the one Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune.

Xodakat

This is Awesome :O i really like it :3

but i missed something like a "Power phase" (when its getting faster and louder . . . maybe with a snare too)
MY SOUNDCLUD IS HERE
AND
MY TUMBLR IS http://my-little-music-blog.tumblr.com/]RIGHT HERE[/Url]

Go Up