I'm a new musician and I'd like some feedback :D

Started by LutariFan, 2012 Jun 06, 13:41:08

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LutariFan

2012 Jun 06, 13:41:08 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 14, 03:04:30 by LutariFan
NAMES OF SONGS I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Alien, my first attempt at something that might sound like a kind of house.
Black Hole (it's done, will be uploaded once the visuals are done)
Flux, a very fast paced song.
Lunar Mysteries, a song that's now done and needs to be uploaded.

G'day everypony.

I'm a pretty new musician. I have got some "good", and "awesome" comments, but I need more detailed feedback.

EDIT: Thanks for all your support guys! ^-^

I MADE A REMIX:

My other songs:

Avatar by Night Pony! Big thanks to him! :D

Vick McBread

Space = awesome!
Ascending = Ok... i don't? know how to explain this song! JK!... keeps getting better.
Crystalline = very HL2+MineCraft-like
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

LutariFan

2012 Jun 07, 03:08:36 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 07, 03:10:47 by LutariFan
Hey thanks  ^-^

I can't see the similarity to Minecraft music in Crystalline, and never played HL2  :/

EDIT: Oh, and the "I don't know how to explain this song" comment was a positive one.

hyper drive [HD]

in my mind i would want a stronger beat. or if possible faster too ^-^

Captain0Ron

I find them all really good for a beginning producer, such as yourself.
I am a DJ/producer myself (I only focus on making dubstep and hardcore though) but I know how much time goes into making music.
The only criticism I have is maybe switch it up a little through the song, like in Ascending (my favorite of the three).
Also if you do get into more hardcore music making (like dubstep, hardcore, house, hardstyle, etc.) I would suggest finding some samples from movies that you can throw in, and make the beat stronger and faster, maybe add some different sounding beats.
I'm getting carried away, I loved them, keep it up. :)
Solar Empire Official Identification
(Captain) Ron

LutariFan

Thanks for all your feedback! ^^

I made a new song, added it to the OP.

Lord of Madness

Id say most of the songs sound top notch. Thou I do suggest in some of them I would have found a sudden base power drop a powerful hook. I also find some repetitive nature in the songs BUT It makes it a better loopable song and I find I like that in a song. ^-^

LutariFan

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Jul 17, 21:56:29
Id say most of the songs sound top notch. Thou I do suggest in some of them I would have found a sudden base power drop a powerful hook. I also find some repetitive nature in the songs BUT It makes it a better loopable song and I find I like that in a song. ^-^

Heh, you found my weak spot. I am very bad at managing the bass :/

I'll get better though.

And I should put my fifth song here too.

Plus, I have two more songs not uploaded yet, will get to doing that soon.

SweBow

May I ask what kind of music you wish to do?

LutariFan

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jul 18, 07:52:40
May I ask what kind of music you wish to do?

Heh, I'm pretty bad with music genres. Now I'm basically doing everything I'm able to.

But well, I want to be good at making trance music. And some other kinds of "electronic" music, that I do not know the name of.

Like 2:53 - 3:23 and 4:30-5:30 in this song:

SweBow

Legulus

The songs sound great! If you're trying to go for a trance sound, then you may want to work on your build-ups.

What software do you use, by the way?
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

LutariFan

Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Jul 18, 18:46:05
The songs sound great! If you're trying to go for a trance sound, then you may want to work on your build-ups.

What software do you use, by the way?

I'll do that!

I use GarageBand, will get Logic Pro 9 soon.

hyper drive [HD]

LutariFan

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Jul 19, 10:41:27
could you do theme song request :/

Yea, sure! I'm on vacation, and I have too much free time right now.

Message me about what theme song you want!

LutariFan

hyper drive [HD]

LutariFan

LutariFan

I have got Logic Pro now, so I won't upload any more songs before I've learned how to use it  X3

Poets Corner

Hey, man! I'm more of a guitarman myself, but I've tried producing some. As a musician... I know how badly you want to hear some honest opinions! So, I've listened and thought through these! Overall man, you're off to a good start.

NLR remix- dude, it wasn't my favorite... but I still thought it wasn't that bad.

Space-- not terrible, but the part around 0:56 where it detunes kinds of loses me.

Ascending-- this is a good solid song. The beats kind of simple... Personally, I would've done somethin' a little more active  under it... but that may just be me. Either way, I like it.

Crystalline-- this is probs my second favorite of this bunch. It's got a cool game music kind of feel! I do think perhaps you could've had more of a building in it. The progression does get added to eventually... but I think it could do with a climactic point, y'know?

Solar Flare- this is my favorite song. PRetty decent synth, nice little melody going, cool atmosphere... this is a pretty rad song, friend.

Atmosphere-- this one is also pretty good. I love electronic music that has that dreamy sort of feel, and this is going in that direction! Nice use of pads. God i love pads.

Contact-- This sounds like you made an instrumental version of a pop song. It kind of sings to you-- and it's cool. I can kind of sing along with it, and that's part of why I love Skrillex so much (or Pinkie Pie Swear for that matter).

OVerall: If this is your beginning, I think you can do some cool stuff! One nitpick I have is that your drums are really sparse and I wish there was more going on there! I think bringing those drums a little up in the mix and a little focus on making some fuller beats would've made some of these like Ascending a little better.

The streets are empty. Wind skims the voids keeping neighbors apart, as if grazing the hollow of a cut reed, or say, a plundered mailbox. A familiar note is produced. It's the one Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune.

Go Up