Are you getting Xbox One?

Yes
3 (23.1%)
No
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

CyanideInsanity

That price is a placeholder. Wii u games were initially listed as $99, but they are the standard $60, or less. Honestly, if they did launch it at $900 it would not be successful. Period. For that much money you could build an equivalent or stronger PC than next gen consoles, especially if its true that battlefield 4 will be 720p at 60fps. Then down the road you can get better cooling and overclock to extremely increase performance.

I doubt M$ donated their brains to science while working on the console. On the hardware front, they probably did a great job, and kinect 2.0 is likely to be a good step up from 1.0. Mind you, I don't think kinect itself is very good by iteslf for motion controls. Other features added are the problem. Now even with kinect being paired with every console, I'm fairly certain devs won't make it integral to the experience of EVERY game.

You can go stab xbox with the master sword. I'm just gonna boycott the xbox brand, and be over here playing on my PC until I get a job so I can get a wii u.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Playstation 4 will propably come in first and despite being a Nintendo guy I have no problem with that, Wii U will come up after E3 most likely, and X-box one will....be there.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Chishio Kunrin

I don't entirely care how Microsoft plans to go about limiting the usage of used games. There's still the fact that they're trying to limit the usage of used games. :\

I've already said that I'm also not a fan of voice controlled technology. It's overrated. It's extremely... overrated. All it takes is for me to be in the middle of a boss fight and my friend to walk in and issue some command (maybe "Xbox, go home!") to screw things up for me.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 01, 22:24:03
I don't entirely care how Microsoft plans to go about limiting the usage of used games. There's still the fact that they're trying to limit the usage of used games. :\

I've already said that I'm also not a fan of voice controlled technology. It's overrated. It's extremely... overrated. All it takes is for me to be in the middle of a boss fight and my friend to walk in and issue some command (maybe "Xbox, go home!") to screw things up for me.

Yeah, that could be a huge problem for those who have slightly trollish friends. Even some people watching the reveal on their xbox had issues with their kinect forcing them to the dashboard during the presentation.

KireiameJin

I couldn't think that i never see the building of the WORST gaming plataform EVER, but here is it  O:

http://www.mondoxbox.com/en/news/38804/microsoft-xbox-one-will-region-lock.html

Microsoft really deserve recognition, it takes a lot of bravery to present this thing as a new generation videogame plataform  :l
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Book Smarts

Region lock is such a silly restriction placed on consoles. Why stop consumers from spending money that would still reach the video game developers?

KireiameJin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jun 03, 18:42:36
Region lock is such a silly restriction placed on consoles. Why stop consumers from spending money that would still reach the video game developers?

Is exactly as forbiding players from play 2nd hand games without paying a fee to install them in the console, makes no sense, why would anyone choose that stupid restriction console instead of a PC or a PS4? (which also has better hardware specs).

This console is just sooooo ridiculous that i don't know how Microsoft is finding the valor to continue with it  :l

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Jun 04, 02:52:50
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jun 03, 18:42:36

Is exactly as forbiding players from play 2nd hand games without paying a fee to install them in the console, makes no sense, why would anyone choose that stupid restriction console instead of a PC or a PS4? (which also has better hardware specs).

This console is just sooooo ridiculous that i don't know how Microsoft is finding the valor to continue with it  :l

I don't understand the people who're wholeheartedly backing Microsoft and actually saying that they're going to buy the Xbox One. One of my friends is one of those people. If the Xbox One isn't changed by the time it's released, I half-expect to end up seeing my friend post on Facebook complaining about his Xbox One, especially if he's only buying it out of expecting an Xbox One exclusive Halo game and they don't make one.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 04, 05:06:17
I don't understand the people who're wholeheartedly backing Microsoft and actually saying that they're going to buy the Xbox One. One of my friends is one of those people. If the Xbox One isn't changed by the time it's released, I half-expect to end up seeing my friend post on Facebook complaining about his Xbox One, especially if he's only buying it out of expecting an Xbox One exclusive Halo game and they don't make one.

Microsoft fanatics has been there from the begining of time, so, it's not surprising to see that there are still some loyal fans willing to buy this... thing   :l

I think they already announced around 15 exclusives for this new console, i think 7 of them were continues for existing sagas as "Halo" and "Gears of wars", but... it's just my personal opinion, i think that Halo 3 was a perfect ending for the saga, and 4 is just too lame, i'll never consider that new saga as part of the cannonic Halo, so, i think Halo is not worth enough at this moment to make someone buy this console, but there are ever fanatics as i said before  :c

At this moment, it's just a matter of time to see how long take this console to sink if they don't do anything about those fees and limitations in the plataform, i must say that it will make me happy if they just lose lots of money with this abomination and insult to the gamer community intelligence  :nod:

Chishio Kunrin

Come to think of it, I don't know if he owns anything other than Xbox. o_o So he might be one of those diehard Microsoft fans.

The only Halo stuff I heard about for Xbox One was the Halo live-action TV series they're apparently making.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 04, 05:45:53
Come to think of it, I don't know if he owns anything other than Xbox. o_o So he might be one of those diehard Microsoft fans.

The only Halo stuff I heard about for Xbox One was the Halo live-action TV series they're apparently making.

Yeah, i must admit that all of that live-action sounds cool, and there is even Mr. Spielberg as executive producer, so it all is really nice but, a live action series is not going to make me spend about 400 bucks or whatever this thing cost just to have a console that limits me in so many ways at the hour to enjoy playing games with my friends  :I

I prefer "Destiny", and i think it was PS4 announced, not sure if it's going to come out to Xbox one, but i heard in an interview that PS4 has a better hardware to reproduce this game, so i'm fine with it  ^-^

Who knows?, maybe in this E3 they show some incredibly legendary and full of epicness titles for Xbox one, and we all get zombizied and willing to buy this console at any cost and pay all that fees and stuff, but... i think that's pretty unlikely  lol

Shadow Mare

I wonder what game from Rare is gonna be at E3...

Shadow Mare

Looks like the Rare game is Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty land.

Teal Turken

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jun 05, 10:11:33

My 3 initial thoughts of what it is by the title alone are:
1. Roller Coaster Tycoon ripoff
2. Banjo platformer to earn respect back after Nuts and Bolts. (why was that game so hated? I thought it was good...)
3. Banjo party minigames.

KireiameJin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2013 Jun 05, 11:30:50

2. Banjo platformer to earn respect back after Nuts and Bolts. (why was that game so hated? I thought it was good...)

Whatever it is, is not a Conker sequel  :c

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Jun 05, 12:01:36

If its real, I'm honestly not expecting it to be good. N&B was a great game in itself, but was terrible for a BK game. After doing a bit of looking around I've come to agree with some others, it sounds like it might be some kind of kinect party game... :(

I'd love to see conker return as well. I don't think it could be proper though. M$ likes focing Rare's hand wherever they please, and I think a large portion of those who worked on BK and conker left rare a while ago... Chris seavor especially, since he co-wrote conker, was the project lead, and is the voice of conker as well.

Though if they could revive either successfully, I'd have a bit of faith in M$. It's a wild card with ridiculously low odds of success, I'd say.

Sea Foam

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jun 05, 13:41:04
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2013 Jun 05, 12:01:36

If its real, I'm honestly not expecting it to be good. N&B was a great game in itself, but was terrible for a BK game. After doing a bit of looking around I've come to agree with some others, it sounds like it might be some kind of kinect party game... :(

I'd love to see conker return as well. I don't think it could be proper though. M$ likes focing Rare's hand wherever they please, and I think a large portion of those who worked on BK and conker left rare a while ago... Chris seavor especially, since he co-wrote conker, was the project lead, and is the voice of conker as well.

Though if they could revive either successfully, I'd have a bit of faith in M$. It's a wild card with ridiculously low odds of success, I'd say.

I'm pretty certain that the entirety of the team that worked at Rare during it's peak in the N64 days is gone. Even if there were a new Banjo-Kazooie or Conker game in the works, it would be done by a new development team.
Not to say I don't trust a new team in making a decent game, it's just very unlikely that the charm of the old games could be re-produced.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Book Smarts

Spoiler:  Nuts and Bolts Spoiler • show
Interesting, it might be Grunty's video game that she was threatening to make

Shadow Mare

I played and beaten BK Nuts and Bolts but when in the game did that say that? I can't remember.

CyanideInsanity

I wonder how they'll fair at e3. Will they blunder another conference, or will it bring praise in droves. I really just hope they clear up all this incomplete info. Only one more week.

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jun 05, 22:05:41
I played and beaten BK Nuts and Bolts but when in the game did that say that? I can't remember.

Spoiler: Here • show
At the very end. She says it when the ending switches to her in L.O.G.'s factory. Watch the last 15 seconds or so.

Go Up