Started by PonyGone, 2012 Mar 20, 01:35:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 11:29:04
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 11:27:27
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 10:51:22
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 08:21:03
Don't know what to choose? Choose Soraka and go top lane ad.
whut? best idea ever :] since you are going to OP route i wont gank for you in top lane!

Morde top? Renek top? Anything else? Not a problem :] Well... sometimes I have problems against Jax.

hah i usualy see darius top atm. becuase hes OP. but one of my favs top is Olaf and renekton. kennen is awesome aswell.
but its the AD carry and support that mostly triggers my intrests. i dont like Ashe or vayne :P i rather have kog'maw or graves as AD carry :P best support? blitz, alistar or lux. imo

At the moment, Soraka claims top support's place. Sometimes it drives me mad that I can't freely play my Soraka since unskilled players realized that she's essential as a support in late stage of the game and she's sometimes banned.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 11:35:06
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 11:29:04
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 11:27:27
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 10:51:22
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 08:21:03
Don't know what to choose? Choose Soraka and go top lane ad.
whut? best idea ever :] since you are going to OP route i wont gank for you in top lane!

Morde top? Renek top? Anything else? Not a problem :] Well... sometimes I have problems against Jax.

hah i usualy see darius top atm. becuase hes OP. but one of my favs top is Olaf and renekton. kennen is awesome aswell.
but its the AD carry and support that mostly triggers my intrests. i dont like Ashe or vayne :P i rather have kog'maw or graves as AD carry :P best support? blitz, alistar or lux. imo

At the moment, Soraka claims top support's place. Sometimes it drives me mad that I can't freely play my Soraka since unskilled players realized that she's essential as a support in late stage of the game and she's sometimes banned.

i have _never_ seen soraka banned. more like usual banns like morgana, kassadin, rammus, lee sin and shaco. last one always depends.  but i dont quiet like soraka much becuase of she got heals? thats very nice idd. but thats pretty much. a good end game support has CC. CC turns the a whole team fight. its importent. thats why i like lux and alistar :P
one of my favorite junglers is skarner, mostly becuase of his ultimate. if i see their ad carry in front. i flash in and grab the ad carry and drag the ad carry to my team. almost all of the team fights that starts like that is a win for our team. but soarka is a good support idd. but i my personal opinion likes other better :P

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Book Smarts

I just played a normal game with Sona and she's all about support and it was interesting since I came out of that game with almost 30 assists

Trilight Dashie

Soraka is banned on 1900+ more often than on lower elo. Just saying from my own experience. She's banned every.... 3 games more or less. And what makes Soraka one of the top support is her silence's durability + 2 high class heals.

In addition, a team that uses brain will never let do something like that with Skarner. As I play now, it never happens. Usually, it ends with Skar's fail.

Why do chemists call helium, curium, and barium 'the medical elements'? Because, if you can't 'helium' or 'curium', you 'BARIUM'! Heheh."

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 12:01:04
Soraka is banned on 1900+ more often than on lower elo. Just saying from my own experience. She's banned every.... 3 games more or less. And what makes Soraka one of the top support is her silence's durability + 2 high class heals.

In addition, a team that uses brain will never let do something like that with Skarner. As I play now, it never happens. Usually, it ends with Skar's fail.

belive me, one small mistake and i grab it. and belive me mistakes happend dosent matter what rank you got. :P and mistakes will be expensive. i think soraka is better early than late game since her heals is very good in the beggining but late game one hit will around about 2 hits from any players. do it dosent help that much anymore, except her ulti. and one silence dosent help really much compared to other AOE stun, slows etc.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 12:13:21
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 12:01:04

belive me, one small mistake and i grab it. and belive me mistakes happend dosent matter what rank you got. :P and mistakes will be expensive. i think soraka is better early than late game since her heals is very good in the beggining but late game one hit will around about 2 hits from any players. do it dosent help that much anymore, except her ulti. and one silence dosent help really much compared to other AOE stun, slows etc.

Disagree, disagree and disagree ovO

snarfgsnor

thats have to be just your opinion. okey one silence in 2 sec is it? okey? thats one player that cant use abilitys for 2 sec. good. AOE stun? everyone cant do _anything_  for 1,5 sec and thats just from alistar.
sooo one player can autoattack in 2 sec VS everyone cant do anything in 1.5 sec. everyone would want the AOE stun if not you are beign unreasonable.

soraka. has a 2 heals. one normal which heals around 500 hp max? on one player. okey decent enough. in team fights 500 hp is like nothing, sonas heal can compete with it even. and from what damage people do in team fights 500 hp isnt much and be nullified with in a sec.
her ultimate? heals everyone for 600+AP percentage. now thats good! no doubt
but her heal scales better with the damage output during early game compared to late game, thats what makes her better early than late game.

and soraka han 0 escape abilitys and she is VERY squishy so she will be killed withing 2 seconds if focused.

so be reasonable, and not base your facts on opinons :]

Trilight Dashie

2012 Jun 19, 13:26:48 #147 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 19, 13:31:26 by Trilight Dashie
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 13:17:46
thats have to be just your opinion. okey one silence in 2 sec is it? okey? thats one player that cant use abilitys for 2 sec. good. AOE stun? everyone cant do _anything_  for 1,5 sec and thats just from alistar.
sooo one player can autoattack in 2 sec VS everyone cant do anything in 1.5 sec. everyone would want the AOE stun if not you are beign unreasonable.

soraka. has a 2 heals. one normal which heals around 500 hp max? on one player. okey decent enough. in team fights 500 hp is like nothing, sonas heal can compete with it even. and from what damage people do in team fights 500 hp isnt much and be nullified with in a sec.
but her heal scales better with the damage output during early game compared to late game, thats what makes her better early than late game.

and soraka han 0 escape abilitys and she is VERY squishy so she will be killed withing 2 seconds if focused.

Seems like you haven't played with the likes of me ^-^ Someday we will surely meet on the fields of justice :]

BTW. You forgot about her extreme armor boost that comes with Astral Blessing.

Oh, and just so you know: Early game - Sona>Soraka ======= Late game - Soraka/Sona.

EDIT:
I'm basing MY opinion on past more than 2 years playing supports. Not on rumors fyi ^-^

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 13:26:48

Oh, and just so you know: Early game - Sona>Soraka ======= Late game - Soraka/Sona.

depends on what you need. soraka still has heal and her ulti is an AOE stun, really go to start a team fight with. can actully make you even with a game with it :] sorkas heal cant :3

Trilight Dashie

2012 Jun 19, 13:32:29 #149 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 19, 13:35:55 by Trilight Dashie
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 19, 13:29:27
Quote from: Trilight Dashie on 2012 Jun 19, 13:26:48

depends on what you need. soraka still has heal and her ulti is an AOE stun, really go to start a team fight with. can actully make you even with a game with it :] sorkas heal cant :3

That's the most dumb thing I've ever heard in my LoL's playtime :l

snarfgsnor

okey, instead of state it. how about give reasons? :]
the heal gives a little bit more of sustain. will only help if both of the teams are almost equal in gold amout and skill so the extra sustain will give an edge.

Trilight Dashie

This discussion is about comparing semi-initator(Sona) to true support(Soraka).

The only thing that makes Sona more... "special" than Soraka is her ult. She's doing a great job with her cc which is able to initiate and can surely win a teamfight.

On the other hand, if Sona fails, that leaves her with about... ~6 skills in teamfight with decent usefulness, while Soraka shoots in the air loads of assistance with her Astral's Blessing bonuses, silence and mass heal. Not to mention Starcall.

snarfgsnor

the starcal aint that great on damage. but i love the armor reducing on it so thats a huge + since it can stack up to 5 times nad reduces with 60 armor total, love it :3
105 armor pluss heal is really awesome aswell. but the only bad thing about the 105 armor it is only on one champion.
the silence. meh decent not much to say there
and the ulti heal, love it :] but it could heal more imo. same with the other heal. becusae the damage output is kinda high : / so the heals will be nullified too quickly.

Trilight Dashie

2012 Jun 19, 14:24:09 #153 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 19, 14:26:02 by Trilight Dashie
That's the role of healing. It will never - at least shouldn't - exceed the norms of damage dealt.

One person you say? Let me brighten you up: I've got jax, ashe, leona and annie. Jax initates, ashe casts arrow, leona casts her ult, and casts HER ult. Let's say that all of this damage dealt only half of what it could or should. Sin jump at annie, she casts molten shield and with my astral's blessing she's barely vulnerable to sin and is available to focus on casting spells on him. Ashe take's her advantage and shoots those who are close to three of us while I'm sitting in the middle with Iron Solari ready to be cast. Iron Solari allows me to nullify AT LEAST one strong hit mixed with my armor and magic resistance. Jax is a pain train within, and while played properly, can stop with leona's assistance the other's from approaching three - how you said it - squishies, at their backs. Lee sin surely won't stand on his ground safely while being burst down by annie and repeatedly poked by me. Ashe uses the advantage of long range(I wish it would be as long as year ago :c) volley and supports tank and off-tank it's damage and slow.

I agree that this teamfight might fail 'cause the enemy team could've take some more comfortable CCs, the fact is, that while the my team would initiate the fight, I hardly can see sona's bravery rise by 10000% which would occur with flash and ult. This would have been a total waste. Well, maybe not total, 'cause in fact(I agree at this point, as it happened many times in Sona's history) there's a possibility of winning a teamfight with such an action.

However, it all depends on the situation, just as you said.

One girl explained something to me one day. It's called "marines", especially while good ol' days were up with TF - Twisted Fight was a main factor of dmg when built as AD and the whole team had the role of taking any damage that was aimed on TF. Not a single projectile was allowed to hit TF, the carry, as he had the role of dealing unstable dmg like a machine gun.

EDIT:
Also, I'm happy that our opinions are different. THAT'S what's the most beautiful in MOBAs. 'Cause when there are differences in thinking - new tactics, new patterns, new play styles are born.

TimeRight

ive been playing lvl 30 games since lvl 10 (all my friends lvl 30) so yeah... HARSH learning curve for me. Im ok as a ganking mid malz. an ok jungling rammus. an anoying as hell morde. im learning: Rumble, kennen, Olaf, heracrim and now ezeral (pulsefire!)

used to main veigar but... malz is just that much better!

oh yeah and a quote.

"suffering is magic"

yay pony refrence!
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Book Smarts

I don't always jungle, but when I do, it's with Master Yi
Happy ganking my friends  lol

TimeRight

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 30, 01:14:47
I don't always jungle, but when I do, it's with Master right click

there i corrected your mistake... his name has not been Yi for a long time
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Sotha

I've been meaning to play this game for a while (I'd be in NA), but I have pretty much zero experience with MOBA's.
May you walk on warm sands.

Trilight Dashie

Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Jun 30, 01:04:41
ive been playing lvl 30 games since lvl 10 (all my friends lvl 30) so yeah... HARSH learning curve for me. Im ok as a ganking mid malz. an ok jungling rammus. an anoying as hell morde. im learning: Rumble, kennen, Olaf, heracrim and now ezeral (pulsefire!)

used to main veigar but... malz is just that much better!

oh yeah and a quote.

"suffering is magic"

yay pony refrence!

"used to main veigar but... malz is just that much better!"
Just... let me....

Book Smarts

Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Jun 30, 01:25:17
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Jun 30, 01:14:47
I don't always jungle, but when I do, it's with Master right click

lol

Go Up