Club Nintendo to be discontinued

Started by Rikaria, 2015 Jan 20, 09:57:54

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2015 Jan 20, 09:57:54 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 02, 09:36:31 by Rikaria
North America:
  • January 20, 2015: Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo. (This means you can still register products that were released BEFORE that date; you'll see what I mean below.)

• March 31, 2015: Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership.

• June 30, 2015: Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on June 30, 2015.

Europe:
  • April 1, 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.

• April 20, 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

• September 30, 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.

Japan:
Australia:
  • April 1, 2015: Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards in its game and system packaging.

• April 20, 2015: Termination of registration of digital products downloaded from the Nintendo eShop.

• September 30, 2015: The ability to submit surveys, spend stars, and sign up to Club Nintendo will be terminated.

(Source 1 | Source 2)

It's interesting that they'll be using a differently loyalty program, though.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

Well... Hopefully the new loyalty program will  be even better!
It's kind of a shame to see Club Nintendo go, but at least we will be getting Flipnote 3d in the near future~

Rikaria

Shadow Mare

Wow a good selection of choices... is Wonderful 101 even good?

Itty Bit

2015 Feb 03, 11:19:56 #4 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 03, 11:58:59 by Itty Bit
Oh my gosh. Sooooo many games to choose from!!
I'm thinking of working towards Wonderful 101, and F-zero x as a backup plan.
...but part of me wants to get the Posters, too! So many to choose from...

Rissian

I keep getting a Club Nintendo is in maintenance message.
I wonder if they have anything for 150 coins currently anyways.

PrincessButton

Can someone explain to me what Club Nintendo is, or how it works? o:
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Rikaria

2015 Feb 03, 15:01:03 #7 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 03, 15:04:48 by Rikaria
Quote from: Trege on 2015 Feb 03, 13:57:48
I keep getting a Club Nintendo is in maintenance message.
I wonder if they have anything for 150 coins currently anyways.

A lot of members are trying to access the site at once, so it's expected. Anyway, there's some 3DS Virtual Console games that are going for that much.

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 03, 14:11:48
Can someone explain to me what Club Nintendo is, or how it works? o:

Club Nintendo was a program where you could register Nintendo consoles/handhelds and games, and by completing surveys you earn Coins which can be traded in for rewards; they range from physical merchandise (like posters) to downloadable games (only for 3DS, Wii U, and Wii owners as of now). Since the program is closing (well.. being replaced) this year, they're offering a huge selection of rewards compared to the usual (which was like... 10x or so less).

PrincessButton

Oh that's cool! (Is it too late to sign up for the club? XD)

Rikaria

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 03, 15:47:45
Oh that's cool! (Is it too late to sign up for the club? XD)

All important dates are mentioned on the very first post, including account registration.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Feb 03, 17:39:16
All important dates are mentioned on the very first post, including account registration.
Oh so it just depends on the device, I didn't quite understand that. Thanks!

Rikaria

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Feb 04, 10:56:27
Oh so it just depends on the device, I didn't quite understand that. Thanks!

Uhh... not really sure what you're saying...

Sunshine Smash

I'm interested in this now. Can't wait to see what'll replace this.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2015 Feb 04, 22:18:00 #13 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 04, 22:22:32 by Rikaria
From what I remember reading (mind you, nothing is set in stone yet), they'll be using a system where if you buy/register more things, you'll get more discounts. As to what the discounts will apply to, I'm presuming eShop stuff (which makes the most sense), but if other things will be added to that system, that's better news for us.

EDIT: Does anyone have a code I can use (preferably a console game they bought last year or even further back)? If so, please PM me. I'm 50 Coins away from getting something...

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Feb 04, 22:18:00
From what I remember reading (mind you, nothing is set in stone yet), they'll be using a system where if you buy/register more things, you'll get more discounts. As to what the discounts will apply to, I'm presuming eShop stuff (which makes the most sense), but if other things will be added to that system, that's better news for us.

EDIT: Does anyone have a code I can use (preferably a console game they bought last year or even further back)? If so, please PM me. I'm 50 Coins away from getting something...

I'd help you, if I knew how.
I haven't registered anything on the club. Is there something there you could use?

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2015 Feb 09, 11:18:03 #15 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 10, 15:07:45 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Feb 05, 07:12:54
I'd help you, if I knew how.
I haven't registered anything on the club. Is there something there you could use?

Sent a PM.

EDIT: Sorry Sunshine Smash, but thanks for trying anyway >.<

EDIT 2: Well... this is strange... Apparently any games you get from Club Nintendo's catalog are still eligible, so you can still take the surveys (registration and post-play) and get more Coins. I guess I'll have enough after all.

If you don't get what I'm talking about, refer to the first post of this thread.

EDIT 3: Flipnote Studio 3D is now available for CN users. Check your "To Do" list after logging in to your account.

Go Up