Most humorously annoying way you've taken out a boss?

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 May 07, 19:00:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

For me, it was Darkrai in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time.
I was Cindaquill, my buddy was Totadile.
Opening moves of the fight had Darkrai set on fire, or as the game calls it, burn.
Pretty fast all his minions were down and not a single guy, not even him, had any PP left.
My buds and I had like 5 HP.
For a whole half hour or so we just ran in circles, letting Darkrai take some 5 damage per five turns.
Somehow, we managed to win.
I burst out laughing every time I remember that.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Darkangel

In Kirbys Return to Dreamland,i was at Magolors soul at the true arena,and i managed to get there by using the most cheapest way....by using leaf and guarding because you cant get hurt.And like your story,i had to take him out one bit by one bit of HP at a time because i was guarding alot because i had so little HP left but i maganed to defeat him.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Haned tom.

I was fighting the super boss of super mario rpg. I had equipped peach with the ultimate armor. Which greatly weakend her healing magic. The boss' minnoins kept destroying everyone but peach. So I was busy just healing while he was lauching speels like nobody's buiness. I was busy dealing 300 points of damage to a crystal every other turn. until he finally ran out of magic. then I was busy slowly chipping his hp away. I somehow won with just peach.
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

lurk852

In Demon's Souls, there's a boss called the Old King, who has extremely high defense, hits extremely hard, and moves very slowly. It's pretty freaking tough to kill him in a non-ridiculous way. So I got his attention, ran away, waited for him to stop following me and turn around, then sprinted back and backstabbed him. Then I ran away again, and repeated for a very long time. It took awhile. >_>
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Equestrian

My Skyrim glitched and the ground didn't generate. So I was fighting a giant and I fell in, but in Skyrim, if you don't know, there's this sort of latch you can do if you continue walking against a wall. So I didn't completely fall in. Then the giant struck me with the club and it sent me flying out of the glitchy area and the giant fell in. It counts. 8)

Ozzy

Using Retribution Aura as a Paladin in World Of Warcraft.

'Causes X Holy damage to any enemy that strikes a party or raid member within 40 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time'

Lary

Blaster Force from Gunstar Heroes. For being part of a boss rush, this thing is an absolute joke.

If you position yourself right below it or right above it, it aims through the wall and cannot hit you at all. To this day, I'm still not sure if that was intentional or not...
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Sketch-me-not

I started out final fantasy with a fighter/B. Mage/thief/W. Mage, and I had just got to level 4 or 5 around Corneria, when I went to the Chaos shrine. I took on Garland, and the character that did the most physical damage during the fight was Black Mage. He was armed with but a knife, clothes, and his pride. my other characters were missing and doing not very much damage...

I never had such a strong Black Mage before or since...  :'( I feel so sad now...

Zaner-Boy

In Resident Evil: Revelations, me and a random guy on the internet both ran out of ammo, grenades, and herbs in a fight, and were both low on health. With no way to communicate, we literally ran around the room for 20+ minutes, getting the occasional knife hit in, and somehow we won. Then there was another huge fight in the next room with no ammo or health kits.

Dreadnaught 308

In silent hill downpour I threw 1 brick at a boss and he walks away in defeat  :/
Hello, I'm The Doctor

Goldenrod

Not really a boss, but it sure felt like it at the time.
First time I played Morrowind I had no clue what I was doing and statted my character as a long blade user but decided I wanted to use a spear instead after confirming skills.  X3
I run off into the wilderness and find an Kagouti which proceeded to eat most of my health.
I eventually killed it by jumping back and forth over a fence and picking away at it as it runs around to get me ovO

Book Smarts

I went up against mom in binding of isaac for the second time (the first time I died) i just needed one more shot but I decided to use my monstro's tooth to finish her off

I also remember playing Skyrim where I was invading Windhelm to take down Ulfric. We got to one section where enemies were just endlessly spawning, no matter how fast you killed them. The fix was to just run past them and find the Jarl throne room and to beat the boss of the quest

Deviant

In skyrim i had to fight Morokai (a dragon priest)
When i came into the room everyone just stood there staring at me...
I could pick em all off easily, they didn't even try to protect themselves  :]

Ryo_D_Disk

dragon quest 9 i haddnt realised that you get party members from the inn so i defeted about 5 bosses solo

RainbowTank

There is no funny way! Bosses that kill me get me upset. :(

Dr. Krest

Final Fantasy 4 bosses. If they attack you you die but if you use "Steal" on them they never hit you. WTF?

I wasn't annoyed by bosses hitting me since they never did. I was annoyed by the fact that they couldn't fight me at all and if I let them I'd get obliterated. Lazy programmers... I want a fair challenge =.=;

Tiger

Not exactly a boss, but in Pokemon Crystal I had my poliwag Aquasol with me against some guy with a lot of water types. A LOT. And he poisoned a lot of my pokemon that I switched to Aquasol.
So I used hypnosis to make the pokemon go to sleep, then slowly whittled down its health with double slap. U MAD?  ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Ryo_D_Disk

Tiger you've reminded me of a good story from pokemon against the elite 4 I was challenging myself so no healing (this was emerald I think) final battle 2 pokemon left to his 1 my flygon just went down and his final had very little health and my final was ziggzagon (for tool purposes it was like lv18 at best) and I thought I was doomed but challenge accepted used cut and quick claw activated and i won by pure chance 

Book Smarts

I haven't done this yet, but there is an area early place on the world map in FF9 that has lvl 50 dragons which will annihilate your party. If you have a certain blue spell from a monster, you can beat the dragon and get to lvl 35 in a lvl 15 area. ovO

Starfly

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 May 09, 09:48:00
Tiger you've reminded me of a good story from pokemon against the elite 4 I was challenging myself so no healing (this was emerald I think) final battle 2 pokemon left to his 1 my flygon just went down and his final had very little health and my final was ziggzagon (for tool purposes it was like lv18 at best) and I thought I was doomed but challenge accepted used cut and quick claw activated and i won by pure chance

Oh yeah, going up against the Elite 4 was nerve racking (I had B/W). Thank goodness I had the adorable Victini and a truckload of potions and revives, it has a powerful V-create attack but I only use it in absolute emergencies because it really affects its special defense and attack stats. Oh yeah, and I also had all 3 starters I got through GTS trading when I went up against them 8D

Anyway I had a Sonic game called Shadow the Hedgehog (Bad rating on most game sites but I still liked it) Eggman has this hammer robot thing in the haunted castle level, I just spammed the homing attack button and it went down easily, no challenge >_>
[move] Wheeeeeeeeeee![/move]
Animated GIF made by Skardan.

Go Up