Greetings and Salutations!

Started by Dusky Hues, 2016 Mar 02, 08:40:02

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dusky Hues

I just learned about the wonderful endeavor that is Legends of Equestria, and I'm very excited! I hope to become part of the ever growing community of pony fans and gamers alike!

A little about myself, if I may: I'm a digital illustrator and life long MLP fan. I've been around since the original series and though my pony collection has dwindled over the years, I've supplemented it with the new generation which I humbly admire. For that matter, I've been a fan of Lauren Faust for a very long time too. I've always appreciated her endeavor to make more enjoyable children's shows and movies, as well as her unique animation and illustration styles, so combining her and ponies really made a mark on my interest. I excitedly awaited the first episodes with pure nostalgic glee, and even though the show was not what I expected, I am more than thrilled at it's outcome and followed it ever since!

Honestly, I've been very reluctant to join large MLP fan sites and forums because I've had very difficult experiences with people who term themselves 'bronies', but in the spirit that has made MLP:FiM the wonderful show that it is, I've decided to give it the good, college try to meet more fans of the series, in hopes that not all of them are bad apples.

I hope that I can dust off my old portfolio and eventually apply as a concept artist, and 3D modeler and animator, but for now, I'm just going to cozy up to the lot of you and try to make friends here. I also hope that I can eventually offer free artwork in the art thread, but I haven't done any work for free in a very long time, so I'll have to figure out how to go about it.

If you're interested in the yellow pony in my avatar and signature (provided they are displaying properly!), those are some of my first attempts at vectoring in the MLP:FiM style from a few years ago, as well as my OC pony, Dusky Hues. Dusky is a very gentle soul who speaks softly but assuredly in everything she says. Her super special talent is the ability to see beauty in all things, which is reflected in her cutie mark and her own, personal artistic ability. I could be persuaded to pursue some role-playing as well! It might be good for my health! Hehe.

Weremetalwolf

Welcome to the forum my new friend! Remember to take a look at the Forum Rules to keep yourself up to date. Hope to see another active member of the forum around and I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends. But most of all, remember to HAVE FUUUN!! :D

Wish you good luck if you'll decide to apply! Also! That's a really nice pony you have  ^-^
<br />My channel<br />My DA<br /><br />

Proudy Hooves

Hello and welcome to the LoE Community! Enjoy your stay there!
There you can show yourself as a classy writer, creative artmaker, clever role-player or a cheerful and talkative fun-bringer like Pinkie Pie! And even more...
If you want to play LoE then wait patiently until the new test which will be held really soon!
Now you just can look at forums and do anything you wish! But don't forgot to read and obey the rules there!
Good luck, mate!
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

Dusky Hues

2016 Mar 02, 09:49:11 #3 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 02, 09:51:32 by Dusky Hues
Quote from: Weremetalwolf on 2016 Mar 02, 09:21:06
Welcome to the forum my new friend! Remember to take a look at the Forum Rules to keep yourself up to date. Hope to see another active member of the forum around and I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends. But most of all, remember to HAVE FUUUN!! :D

Wish you good luck if you'll decide to apply! Also! That's a really nice pony you have  ^-^

Aw, shucks, I appreciate it! I adore her myself.  <3
Thank you for welcoming me!

Edit: Confound it all! I just realized that's the fourth time I've read that page. Haha! Oh well, I guess it's good to memorize the rules!

Quote from: Proudy Hooves on 2016 Mar 02, 09:33:49
Hello and welcome to the LoE Community! Enjoy your stay there!
There you can show yourself as a classy writer, creative artmaker, clever role-player or a cheerful and talkative fun-bringer like Pinkie Pie! And even more...
If you want to play LoE then wait patiently until the new test which will be held really soon!
Now you just can look at forums and do anything you wish! But don't forgot to read and obey the rules there!
Good luck, mate!

I honestly wasn't very miffed when I learned I couldn't play it yet, as I saw it was still very much in it's early stages, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited and ready RIGHT NOW! Haha!

I've read over all of the rules I've found, some of them twice, because I'm dyslexic and thought I might have missed something. Is there a comprehensive link to all of the rules for the site, or are they all simply located in each of their threads?

PrincessButton

Hello and Welcome, Dusky Hues!  Nice to meet you, hope to see you around the forums and the Open Sever Weekends.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Dusky Hues

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2016 Mar 02, 12:40:39

Hello and Welcome, Dusky Hues!  Nice to meet you, hope to see you around the forums and the Open Sever Weekends.  ^-^

Oh gee! I would love to get blasted with cake batter! Haha! That'd make my day!
I'm very excited for the OSWs, as it will give me a chance to see where the game is at in terms of development! The excitement is so intense right now! Eeeee!

Pipkin

I prefer cookie batter.  Mmmm

Now I want to eat some cookie batter....look what y'all did!

Ryo_D_Disk

Greetings and welcome to the forums and to LoE. Please check out the rules explore and have fun. There's lots to see and do and all the time in equestria to see it, there's Arts, Videos, Stories, Singers RP'ers and more so join us, in the madness my friend  ^-^

Dusky Hues

I'm back, again! Has it really been only 11 days?! I felt like it was almost a month the way my days kept getting longer and longer.

My hard drive died, and thanks to a tech savvy friend and some long persistence on my part, I was able to get another hard drive cleaned, formatted and a clean copy of windows put on it- ALL IN COMMAND LINE, because, gosh darn it, my motherboard only had a slot for one hard drive and I never noticed in the five years I've had it. I guess it was something that needed to be done anyways, since the old one had a bad sector in it before it died! I'm just so glad to be back! Excuse me while I collapse in a corner.  :')

Go Up