Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 07, 19:12:43
I think she's just using your factors in her question to decide if she should farm Crim Fatalis. She was probably talking about Crimson Fatalis.

^ What Sunshine said. Really sorry for the confusion >.< (Also for the record, I absolutely love Zinogre; I've NEVER had problems against it.)

EDIT: Okay, I'm definitely hunting C.Fatalis tomorrow. I'll set up a room for anyone who feels like joining. Do keep in mind you have to have at least the Bronze G Rank Special Permit in order to... well... join.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chromastone64

I'll see if I can join, although I haven't played MH for a little while. Thank Xenoblade and SHAREfactory for that.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

Kinda relevant to this thread.

So someone I know showed me this. I have no idea if/when it comes out overseas, though:

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 08, 09:40:53
Kinda relevant to this thread.

So someone I know showed me this. I have no idea if/when it comes out overseas, though:

If they're smart then it most likely will be released here.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Sunshine Smash

I've been curious about this for a while, and this video raises my interests. What is Monster Hunter Frontier? Are they like the main series games? Because I find it kind of odd that Zinogre has an after credits scene. Everyone knows what Zinogre is and what it can do. Just seems kind of odd to give it a tense after-credit scene.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Rikaria

2015 May 08, 15:21:11 #325 Last Edit: 2015 May 08, 15:22:44 by Rikaria
Frontier is basically the MMORPG console/PC port of the series, with more quests/monsters/items/etc. being added each patch (NOT DLC like in MH3U/MH4U).

Anyway, after I eat lunch, I'll post a Gathering Hall ID for Crimson Fatalis.

EDIT: Change of plans (kinda): I also need G Rank Black Gravios and G Rank Special Permit Shah Dalamadur. Though C.Fatalis is still top priority, I'll probably cycle between the three since I'll be needing very rare items from the other two. The ID is: 45-9605-3910-5562. The Passcode is: 0511.

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 May 08, 13:45:49
Frontier is basically the MMORPG console/PC port of the series, with more quests/monsters/items/etc. being added each patch (NOT DLC like in MH3U/MH4U).

Anyway, after I eat lunch, I'll post a Gathering Hall ID for Crimson Fatalis.

EDIT: Change of plans (kinda): I also need G Rank Black Gravios and G Rank Special Permit Shah Dalamadur. Though C.Fatalis is still top priority, I'll probably cycle between the three since I'll be needing very rare items from the other two. The ID is: 45-9605-3910-5562. The Passcode is: 0511.

Okay that does sound pretty awesome, and most likely won't be ported like many other games that would sell up a storm here, for example 3D fighters, basically dragonball xenoverse but better and with no RPG stuff for example.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Chromastone64

Sorry, not able to make it after all, friend came round.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

I closed the room, anyway. I guess I'll just hunt with randoms for the time being.

Sunshine Smash

Stupid Raging Brachydios! It's not giving me the reactor! I just need one to finish my Brachudium set! I have 99+ Cortexs and several Palliums. Wow, this game hates me..... D:

Rikaria

2015 May 09, 23:19:07 #330 Last Edit: 2015 May 09, 23:29:39 by Rikaria
Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 09, 22:59:49
Stupid Raging Brachydios! It's not giving me the reactor! I just need one to finish my Brachudium set! I have 99+ Cortexs and several Palliums. Wow, this game hates me..... D:

Well.. at least you can sell the extra Cortexes.

Speaking of which, for me I try to keep one full stack of each monster material (save certain ones used for combinations) then sell any extras for more Zenny. Then again, you can just farm G Rank Akantor then sell its stuff for literally 100k+ each successful hunt.

(For those wondering why I mentioned the above:
  • It's recommended you keep a good amount of any item in case something you're trying to make might require items from a lower Rank.

• Akantor may be powerful, but it's really slow. The only major problem you have to watch out for is when it does a long range roar. Anyway, if you get a really good party together, you can defeat it in less than 5 minutes. Its elemental weaknesses are Thunder and Dragon, by the way.)

Sunshine Smash

Ugh, the only lightning type dual blades I can make require 4 paddock oils. It's terrible, I've gone through about 10 hunts and only got 3.

Chibalt

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 May 12, 18:40:16
Ugh, the only lightning type dual blades I can make require 4 paddock oils. It's terrible, I've gone through about 10 hunts and only got 3.

Paddock oil is a horrible item to farm, so few quests give you that, and you can't even make more with frenzy crystals like you can with frost sac!

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chibalt on 2015 May 12, 18:56:08
Paddock oil is a horrible item to farm, so few quests give you that, and you can't even make more with frenzy crystals like you can with frost sac!

It's an absolute nightmare. But it's worth it to get powerful dual blades with every elemental coverage.

And my Lightbreak Twins, cause they're awesome!

Rikaria

So I'm pretty much at the point where I have everything I want for now (at least until more Event Quests come), so if anyone needs help with anything, just post a Gathering Hall ID/create a room (if I have you as a friend) and I'll try to be there. It doesn't matter even if you're HR1.

Sunshine Smash

2015 May 13, 12:22:45 #335 Last Edit: 2015 May 13, 12:24:43 by Sunshine Smash
Anyone know what a good pair of fire dual blades are? I'm leaning towards the final stage of the Melting Wail, forget it's name. It has great attack and mixes high poison with high fire, but also has -10% affinity. Should I stick with it? I could probably add gems to counter that, but I don't know if it's really worth it.....

Also, really, the Twinbane Twilights require G-rank Black Fatalis parts, just like the Ultimus Apocalypse? That's really annoying... I'm kept from two extremely powerful blades just because G- Rank Fatalis doesn't exist yet.....

Chromastone64

THE TRAILER FOR MONSTER HUNTER X CROSS.
IT'LL PROBABLY TAKE FOREVER TO BE LOCALIZED, BUT ALL ABORD THE HYPE CARAVAN!!!

Rikaria

Yeah, saw it earlier. Seeing as I've never played any past games before MH3U, I don't know what to make of the "crossovers", but those new attacks (at least, in my point of view) are definitely gonna make hunts A LOT more interesting.

EDIT: New DLC coming out tomorrow (June 5)!

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Jun 04, 14:19:34
Yeah, saw it earlier. Seeing as I've never played any past games before MH3U, I don't know what to make of the "crossovers", but those new attacks (at least, in my point of view) are definitely gonna make hunts A LOT more interesting.

EDIT: New DLC coming out tomorrow (June 5)!

It's about time! If it doesn't have White or Black G-Fatalis, I'm going to flip....

Chibalt

The DLC quests don't look to have that, one of the quests are a pretty nice reference to DMC it looks like, the good one, not the complete garbage reboot which, while admittedly good in it's own way, falls abysmally short of the good ones in pretty much every aspect.

Go Up