Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 May 10, 12:43:14
Quote from: GlassMirror on 2014 May 08, 19:53:12
idk... I said something (I forgot) on chat, a couple of stuff in fact, and all of them was just ignored
But I guess it's just Karma? X3

Seems to be a common thing. It does get annoying. Especially irl when I'm trying to talk to others.

Not sure if it's a problem with attention spans or not, but it's rather rude...

So most of the time, I don't feel like posting here since it's probably not going to be noticed anyway... X3

It's the worst when you're in a group of people who you consider your friends, and they often ignore you, even if you're talking about the same thing they're talking about. :c Especially when it happens in real life.

I've seen someone (on another site, talking about another game, mind you) complaining about how game makers will shove in your face that "This is just an Alpha." They said "You know a game is going to be crap when they keep telling you it's an Alpha." They claimed that game makers do that just to try to get you to love the game no matter what and not judge it.

Really? :l
Game makers plaster "This is just an Alpha build" everywhere to make absolutely sure people will read and remember that it's not complete. That way they'll get a lot less people complaining that "There's no content!" "This stupid game is buggy!" "There's barely anywhere to even go!" Because the game. isn't. finished. And as such, it should not be judged as if it's a finished product.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Zsaszz

2014 May 10, 20:02:57 #12741 Last Edit: 2014 May 10, 20:45:34 by Zsaszz
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 10, 19:29:57

I've seen someone (on another site, talking about another game, mind you) complaining about how game makers will shove in your face that "This is just an Alpha." They said "You know a game is going to be crap when they keep telling you it's an Alpha." They claimed that game makers do that just to try to get you to love the game no matter what and not judge it.

Really? :l
Game makers plaster "This is just an Alpha build" everywhere to make absolutely sure people will read and remember that it's not complete. That way they'll get a lot less people complaining that "There's no content!" "This stupid game is buggy!" "There's barely anywhere to even go!" Because the game. isn't. finished. And as such, it should not be judged as if it's a finished product.

People who complain about long development process should look at companies like EA, who pushes their development studios to finish the game early to get most profit and then what happens?

1-The game come with a lot of bugs
2-The game obviously seems unfinished or rushed at the best
3-lots of patches for the next weeks or months after the release to try to get the game optimal.

For me it's best when a development team take the time to check the game before releasing it, that way they can bring a good quality product.

Maybe not like Blizzard who took 12 years to release starcraft 2 and 10 years to release Diablo 3

Jaywo

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 May 10, 19:28:13
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 10, 19:21:34
And for things like art, it's mostly just "Nice job." or "Cool." comments, without much else to it about what's so nice about it. It's tough working on a piece for hours and hours, and then that's pretty much it once it's up...

This is more than annoying, it's demoralizing.  I've stopped drawing quite a few times because of it

As for being ignored, i've left a few groups and websites because of that too.  Also, kind of worse than being ignored, is being cut off mid-sentence while talking to people.

I feel that. I've worked for a few solid weeks on a piece for a friend and all they had to say about it was an emote. Just an emote.

I hate that.
I had this hockey painting I had just gotten around to finishing since forever, when I gave it to my friend's team at regionals they barely said anything about it! Mostly; "Huh, oh yeah, kind of cool..."  :c
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Chishio Kunrin

The people who're insulting the guy whose wish for the Make A Wish Foundation was for his OC to be put in an MLP episode. >:/
To clarify, this brown pegasus is the guy's OC:

Stellar Eclipse. I like him.

ManeFlame

Those people are simply jealous that they're OCs weren't in the show.
It does annoy me what the internet has done to the character, even if the guy himself isn't annoyed at it.
Then again, that's just personal hangups with people's obsession with 34.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ManeFlame on 2014 May 10, 20:22:54
It does annoy me what the internet has done to the character, even if the guy himself isn't annoyed at it.

The worst part is, I heard that the show's creators specifically said "Don't do that," and people did it even more just to spite them.

Jaywo

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 10, 20:37:44

The worst part is, I heard that the show's creators specifically said "Don't do that," and people did it even more just to spite them.

What did they do?
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

Book Smarts

My hardcore PoE 2 week race character died at level 29  :c

LunarDusk

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 10, 19:21:34
And for things like art, it's mostly just "Nice job." or "Cool." comments, without much else to it about what's so nice about it. It's tough working on a piece for hours and hours, and then that's pretty much it once it's up...

This is more than annoying, it's demoralizing.  I've stopped drawing quite a few times because of it

As for being ignored, i've left a few groups and websites because of that too.  Also, kind of worse than being ignored, is being cut off mid-sentence while talking to people.

Atleast you got comments because I hardly even get favs or comments nowadays.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Midnight Breeze

Making a decal for my tf2 flair and then realizing it gets reduced to two bloody colors in game.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 10, 21:13:05

What did they do?

Things that can't be spoken of on this forum. :s

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 10, 23:00:18

What did they do?

Well, he should know that that kind of thing comes with the territory of having your character in the public domain.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 10, 23:13:57
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 May 10, 23:00:18

What did they do?

Well, he should know that that kind of thing comes with the territory of having your character in the public domain.

Oh sad reality.  Won't you go away and leave our poor ponies alone?
<br />

Midnight Breeze

New version of Firefox has the refresh button in a stupid place which can't even be changed! >:(

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 May 10, 23:30:20
New version of Firefox has the refresh button in a stupid place which can't even be changed! >:(

Just new firefox in general.....

MrEmu

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 10, 23:37:24

Wonder why I use Google Chrome? they almost never have silly updates like that...

What annoys me? People who think they OWN the chatpod because they can say "Shut up" and "You're rude", I mean JUST because you can say a mean word DOESN'T make you the KING of the chatpod, thankfully those people don't last, long...

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 May 10, 23:37:24

What I'm wondering is if the update fixed the problem where Facebook made it freeze. I haven't bothered trying yet, and honestly, I'm too lazy to make the transfer to Chrome. This is especially since it seems like Firefox loads more quickly on my computer than Chrome does.

Johannes

"DRAW MY CHARACTER!" -asks on Tumblr. ( = if you wanted to reply it, you'd have to draw the character )
I don't know why but I get them quite often...

Also, I've gotten butt ton of questions about Trixie's parents...

Jaywo

2014 May 11, 08:48:06 #12758 Last Edit: 2014 May 11, 08:51:51 by Jaywo
Quote from: Johannes on 2014 May 11, 06:34:49
"DRAW MY CHARACTER!" -asks on Tumblr. ( = if you wanted to reply it, you'd have to draw the character )
I don't know why but I get them quite often...

Also, I've gotten butt ton of questions about Trixie's parents...

Whenever people say that, I answer; "That's called a commission sweetie, and they cost points." :D
Then there's the people who sugar coat it and try to trick you into drawing them. :c

Post Merge

I hate the people who steal my username.
When I made a steam account, every version of Jay Wo was taken!
Then on another forums, someone named themselves Jaywolf, which is what my name is short for. :l

Deviant

Power outages due to heavy weather.

Go Up