Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thunder Spin

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Feb 21, 04:35:05
People keep mistaking me for a girl online... It's getting a tad old every time I meet a guy they're all gentlemen and when I mention I'm a guy they all are like

"...Oh... >:("

I doubt people would think I'm a girl in real life though, I'm not super guyish looking or anything... Maybe they would.
Aww, dang. DD:

Well, I know you're a guy and I can say that it is understoodable. I bet that if my classmate wasn't my classmate and he never heard my voice or saw me, he would think I am a boy >A< .
Anwyay, Sweet Brew there are some man that think pink and purple are for girls and blue and green are for guys. Perhaps they thouhgt it because your OC is some kind of violet.

Peace Keeper

More and more I am starting to become skeptical on a ton of things lately. Seems like now, to me, the truths are starting to be stretched, and sometimes only shows half of the truth. In media, social media, and commercials (well for sure I've been skeptical of those after getting couple "As seen on TV" lemons) anyone can say anything and supposidly count it as truth. Started in Facebook (well I just see the funny posts now) and then recently reading more into it, and getting mixed reactions, then later exposed total lies. Then now in media, with my brother, now I am opening to understanding why it happens at a different perspective that only half gets covered. Now personally I find myself being skeptical of people around me to not try to accept as fact right on the spot, even if it is convincing. Right now I a just starting to feel lost between truth and lies, especially on the bigger things. The little things I don't mind, still a bit gullible there and is nothing greatly important, but I mean its just... I just wish there wouldn't be so much stretched truths and covered lies. It worries me on a larger scale, the billions. I mean of course sometimes a lie benefits more for the good, but constantly, its gonna be The Boy Who Cried Wolf, and its a big dumb thing that annoys me.

Long story short, half-truths and constant lies are dumb things that annoy me.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Feb 21, 07:04:11
Well, I know you're a guy and I can say that it is understoodable. I bet that if my classmate wasn't my classmate and he never heard my voice or saw me, he would think I am a boy >A< .
Anwyay, Sweet Brew there are some man that think pink and purple are for girls and blue and green are for guys. Perhaps they thouhgt it because your OC is some kind of violet.

*whistles*  :ajshifty:
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Thunder Spin

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2017 Feb 21, 16:45:45

*whistles*  :ajshifty:

What?! Isn't sweets OC violet or something?

Midnight Breeze

I'm JUST recovering from an upper respiratory tract infection today, and now I'm coming down with gastroenteritis. This blows.

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Thundergirl on 2017 Feb 22, 12:29:00
What?! Isn't sweets OC violet or something?
Yes, I am. I'm not sure why he's whistling. lol

LunarDusk

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Feb 22, 22:27:09
Yes, I am. I'm not sure why he's whistling. lol

Hue, because of the fact that I too am also a variant of purple  :]
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Thunder Spin

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2017 Feb 23, 16:04:58
Hue, because of the fact that I too am also a variant of purple  :]

Really? I thought you were blue lol !

[/hr]
Anyway. It's annoying when you are trying to find a song and you have put the right title AND the singer. I'm still trying to find it!

Midnight Breeze

For Honor is poorly optimized for PC. Looks like a game designed for console and badly ported to PC.

Whatever, refunded. I'll get it on Xbox One when I actually have a TV again.

Sweet Brew

For the past few days I've tried to find out why I keep disconnecting in Monster Hunter.
I kept getting a 003-4099 error which means I disconnected from the router, more often than not it means I just have a derpy connection.

Well, I think that's not the case, I'm not going to explain everything that makes me believe that but I think my connection is fine.
For the past 3 days I've been trying to find out how to fix this, I just set up a static IP so I hope this will work.

My brother has a cold, I hope I don't catch it... Though the problem is... I share a room. :x

Chromastone64

XCOM 2 is so stressful...plus, I caught the flu...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2017 Feb 26, 06:46:28
XCOM 2 is so stressful...plus, I caught the flu...

At least you're not infected with rhinovirus and norovirus at the same time like I was. It's like the influenza virus couldn't infect me since I'm vaccinated, so it hired two of its partners in crime to do the job for it.

Stardust Dragon

2017 Feb 28, 03:03:37 #18652 Last Edit: 2017 Feb 28, 03:25:04 by Stardust Dragon
As someone who does not do well in conversation, it's hard for me to pick up the phone and chat with someone, for some reason amplified if I need to leave a message.  So you can imagine how much I love having to call my landlord at 11PM to try and figure out why our internet was out for near two hours.  We've had fairly regular internet outages before, but they've lasted maybe 20 minutes at worst.  This one was no connection for quite a while.

And mysteriously enough, right after I call, the internet comes back on.  Odd how a text and ringing their doorbell (they're just upstairs) doesn't get any response, but as soon as you call the net if back, as if by magic.  :l

Additional

I restarted my computer to see if it was giving me the issue with the network (it wasn't, still didn't work), but suddenly I can't edit tags on my photos like I was doing before the restart.  I can't fathom what changed between then and now, but I can't edit tags I was working on beforehand either, so...
Is consistency really so much to ask for?

Peace Keeper

2017 Feb 28, 14:35:25 #18653 Last Edit: 2017 Feb 28, 15:26:24 by Peace Keeper
This is actually my biggest dumb thing that annoys me and has been ever since. Lack of communication or notification. The thing that nobody tells me anything if it involves me or affects me in any way. I am alright if it is a secret, or if its "nothing" for me, but it is something I was suppose to know, I gotta know. They know me, call my phone, text me, or message via some other way or online, but don't keep it from me till super late or when its too late :l I [shadow=red,left]HATE IT[/shadow] when that happens. To me it is disrespectful and annoying. Just... lack of communication.

Alright rant over now for an actual dumb thing that annoys me.

After my New 3DS updated, it just became dumber to surf the web. First it is now impossibly for me to enter Imgur without an issue, now its hard for me to read things from IGN. I think it is robbing the system's RAM or something, or just bad optimization. Pretty soon I think the 3DS browsing will be so bad that only text could be read then ask for a refresh x3

Update: nevermind, IGN itself is derped at the moment lol so things are trippy for now. Nothing wrong with my 3ds.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

I got new ABUs because my old ones were insanely tight, now these new ones are super baggy.

There's a sweet spot somewhere between wearing trash bags and wearing the newest H&M slim-fit ABU print jeans. Unfortunately, I can't seem to hit that sweet spot very well.

Stardust Dragon

As much as I love working in theater, there's a few aspects of it that bug me.  Are you familiar with the concept of an earworm?  That tune that just won't leave your head?  Well I've been singing snippets of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for the past three hours.  I last heard this show back when I worked on it in high school: in 2007.  It's not so much an earworm at this point as it is embedded in my subconscious:I

Sweet Brew

Our power was knocked out for 14 hours all because they had to flip a switch, but it took them that long because they didn't want to pay their workers overtime.

Our power company sucks, they only have 6 workers for 14,000+ people.
We talked to these people and they just told us "That's the way it's always been and that if you don't like it then move."
Yet we got 9 outages in 2015 because they just had poor service, they also have the highest prices out here.

They're the only ones out here in this county too so they can pull whatever they want. lol

LunarDusk

Biased peeps...'nough said  >:/
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2017 Mar 09, 10:26:20
Our power was knocked out for 14 hours all because they had to flip a switch, but it took them that long because they didn't want to pay their workers overtime.

Our power company sucks, they only have 6 workers for 14,000+ people.
We talked to these people and they just told us "That's the way it's always been and that if you don't like it then move."
Yet we got 9 outages in 2015 because they just had poor service, they also have the highest prices out here.

They're the only ones out here in this county too so they can pull whatever they want. lol

You must live out in the boonies. Rural vs urban power grids are light night and day in my experience.

When I was a teenager I remember having rolling blackouts almost daily during the summer, which is almost unheard of in this day and age outside the developing world. When I moved into town in my early 20s I only had outages during severe weather or PEBCAM issues at the power plant, then when I moved to DWF I only remember having one outages in 28 months due to a severe thunderstorm.

"If you don't like it then move." Yeah...and people wonder why younger generations are flocking to cities.

Stardust Dragon

In the category of "really petty":

I tend to shift rapidly between things grabbing my attention, but something that hurts every time I shift back to it is a TV show called Code Lyoko.  I loved this series when I was younger, and while I've rewatched a few episodes more recently and been less enthused, I still like the series.

The problem is that it's nowhere to be found.  Videos I do find are on Youtube, but really terrible quality.  I've looked online for any DVD releases of this, but they only have season 1 (of 4) available as a whole...for a minimum of $108, used.  I may like the show, but for what was maybe my least-favorite season I really don't feel that's worth the asking price.  And what's worse is I remember them being on the Itunes store, all four seasons, for $40ish each.  I passed them up then because I thought that was too expensive...but now I've lost my chance.  They're no longer there.

I'll be off this worry for a while in less than a week, but I know it's going to come back with a vengeance, and no amount of searching Ebay for something that doesn't exist will make that better.  Bah, curse my younger self's indecisiveness.

Go Up