Anyone play Real Life, that old MMORPG that's been around for ages?

Started by Lary, 2012 Aug 29, 22:39:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lary

I still play it, but the experience system is a drag. I'm a level 20 Beginner, speccing to be a Technical Engineer.

Anyone else play?
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 29, 22:39:13
I still play it, but the experience system is a drag. I'm a level 20 Beginner, speccing to be a Technical Engineer.

Anyone else play?

I tried googling it for about two minutes.
I just realized my failure.

From time to time. Still in the tutorial, nearing the end. Still not sure what I'm going to specialize in. Definitely nothing that's really physical. I may have an ungodly stamina, but my strength is so low I've yet to meet a person who can't beat me at strength (who's actually near me in level)
Probably going to pick one of the more intellect based ones, sciences.
Why did I have to pick that one trait that makes me have such high stamina, but not be able to run for more than a few moments?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lary

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 29, 22:46:51
From time to time. Still in the tutorial, nearing the end. Still not sure what I'm going to specialize in. Definitely nothing that's really physical. I may have an ungodly stamina, but my strength is so low I've yet to meet a person who can't beat me at strength (who's actually near me in level)
Probably going to pick one of the more intellect based ones, sciences.
Why did I have to pick that one trait that makes me have such high stamina, but not be able to run for more than a few moments?

You should probably try training your Strength and Endurance stats to help with that.
Believe me. I know intelligence-based classes are rare and hard to play. The developers need to buff them IMO.

Sea Foam

Life? Can't say I know it.
But there's this neat MMORPG called Outside, which was apparently made my the same people who made IRL.

I don't know if IRL and Life are the same game, but they might be similar.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Little Judas

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Aug 29, 23:27:41
Believe me. I know intelligence-based classes are rare and hard to play.

Tell me about it.

Did any of you found out how to have a partner for questing, I fail at it every time, I fear it may be a bug.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Star Striker

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that one. Lvl 22 in it. Not quite sure what to do next in it though. I'm currently doing quests to gain dollars so I can get my character into a guild or school to upgrade more stats efficiently, though I'm not quite sure which one to go for. Pretty lame, but I guess better late than never...
My stats right now are pretty basic, the AMB(Ambition) stat started to increase after some S.EST(Self-esteem) training. Kinda happy about that, but my progress has been slow going for actually getting where I need my character to be. Dollars are rediculously hard to obtain. And even more difficult to keep what with the games crazy economy and the prices of potions and equiptment.

Lary

Quote from: Star Striker on 2012 Aug 30, 05:23:18
Dollars are rediculously hard to obtain. And even more difficult to keep what with the games crazy economy and the prices of potions and equiptment.

It's rough when they drop you need to remove things from your inventory to get more. And if you lose too much, you're forced to change class to 'Hobo'.

And I hate beggars in this game. At this point, it's practically become a common class that some people want to play.
If this game allowed multiple character slots, I'd try one just to see what it's like.

Chishio Kunrin

I have a plan to work on my crafting and sell stuff to other players.

Real Life can be hard and confusing at times, though. And some players get to do quests and see things that most others don't.

I hope I'm doing this right.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GuitarBrony

I botched my character a bit in this. I'm lvl 20, though, so i won't give up on him. XP. I tried to be a bit well rounded, only really expanding my Intelligence and Dexterity stats more than my average. this just led to a lot of "you can't do this yet" moments. but whatever. The Int/Dex bonuses i can get make up for it.

i tried specializing in Engineering, figuring it'd be fun, but that didn't turn out well. didn't really fit my play style. now i just gotta get xp and funds (which are a pain to come by) so i can re-spec. probably gonna go with a social science. maybe Psych.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Chishio Kunrin

I went with Psychology for fun as one of my courses in the optional tutorial stage. It turns out to require a better Memory stat than I have. I'm not good with keeping up with a dozen things that're similar but different. I just lose track with 'em and fumble the xp. I haven't gotten much xp in the area of Studying either. I never needed it.

Stubbornness. :/ I don't need Studying, and most of the time, I don't need potions. I tend to rely on myself and avoid using potions to recover health. I always have. Sometimes when I was at a much lower level, I'd pour potion down the sink and rinse it away when no one was looking. Though, there have been a couple of times when I've been afflicted with a status effect that I couldn't get rid of without potions, in which case I used them willingly.

Zygrograxgra

I appear to be suffering from a rather nasty little bug.
I keep on trying to have at this project, and as of late it isn't even checking to see if I can actually get to work on it. Instead I'm always shunted off to some nearby distraction.
I checked my stats and I shouldn't be having this problem at all.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lord of Madness

Deviant

It sounded good so i gave it a try...
One problem tough, it crashes every 2 minutes :l
anyone got an idea on how to fix it?

Lary

Quote from: Deviant on 2012 Aug 30, 11:08:24
It sounded good so i gave it a try...
One problem tough, it crashes every 2 minutes :l
anyone got an idea on how to fix it?

You might want to get a better PC rig to run it. Check your processors.

Rissian

The fatigue system really bothers me. These small barking mobs keep waking me up every hour and I seem to have lost some stats because of it, and while I was trying to sleep it seems I had a stomachache status effect for a little while, it's cured now but not before costing me some fatigue points. I can't seem to get the nap skill to work correctly either.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 30, 17:06:38
The fatigue system really bothers me. These small barking mobs keep waking me up every hour and I seem to have lost some stats because of it, and while I was trying to sleep it seems I had a stomachache status effect for a little while, it's cured now but not before costing me some fatigue points. I can't seem to get the nap skill to work correctly either.

The nap skill for me just doesn't work right. Sure, I can nap, but if I'm not suffering from some sort of illness or lack of sleep I wake up with the Sore Throat and Headache debuff.
Sleep doesn't work well either, though it's probably because of the traits Active Imagination and that one trait I mentioned earlier. Once I'm asleep I'm a brick. I think I found a clever way to combat it.I imagine I'm trying to fall asleep with one of the anthro versions of the mane six.
What? It works.

Oh, and who here has the Mild Asperger's trait? A higher version?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Chishio Kunrin

We're babysitting a couple of canine mobs. They haven't aggro'd or made much noise, though, so that's good. They seem to be in passive rest mode in my parents' room right now.

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Aug 30, 18:35:09

The nap skill for me just doesn't work right. Sure, I can nap, but if I'm not suffering from some sort of illness or lack of sleep I wake up with the Sore Throat and Headache debuff.
Sleep doesn't work well either, though it's probably because of the traits Active Imagination and that one trait I mentioned earlier. Once I'm asleep I'm a brick. I think I found a clever way to combat it.I imagine I'm trying to fall asleep with one of the anthro versions of the mane six.
What? It works.

Oh, and who here has the Mild Asperger's trait? A higher version?

I dunno. No one of doctor class has assessed me for any such traits in years, so the only trait I know of right now is ADD.

Little Judas

I hate some of the updates they made along the way.
It used to be simple, like pokémon, just make sure your strong and can beat everything.
Now with the new version you can't even do that without special training.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Flamestriker

Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 31, 04:44:17
It used to be simple, like pokémon, just make sure your strong and can beat everything.

I know, right? And it's so hard to level. I'm currently going through the tutorial. I wish it was like the old days, when levelling and the tutorial were easy.
[move][/move]

Lary

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2012 Aug 31, 07:12:20
Quote from: Little Judas on 2012 Aug 31, 04:44:17

I know, right? And it's so hard to level. I'm currently going through the tutorial. I wish it was like the old days, when levelling and the tutorial were easy.

The tutorial is harder these days, as well as class changes. However, everything else is much easier. I mean, consumption items are better, healing items are more powerful, and the level cap is higher than before.

Go Up