previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rikaria

2014 Aug 29, 15:05:32 Last Edit: 2015 Feb 10, 15:01:30 by Rikaria
Models
Themes
Video showcasing both the new models and themes
Video showing the launch themes
Video showing the music from the themes (see the description for a "Skip to" list)
Pink dot notification for new Themes

___

Release dates are:

Models:
- Japan: October 11, 2014 (Source)
- Australia/New Zealand: November 21, 2014 (Source)
- Europe: February 13, 2015 (Source) <New!>
- North America: February 13, 2015 (Source | No regular models?) <New!>

Themes:
- OUT NOW!

So what are your thoughts?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

ManeFlame

When they hit the US, I'll probably wind up grabbing the regular version of the new one. Especially if it's going to be in the Smash bundle, given that Smash is the first Amiibo game, and that 3ds adds Amiibo support.

Curious how often they're going to give new themes/cases/etc for you to swap out to make it look different.

electro-blitz

Its not only that, they are also going to force you to kinda buy the new models because they got a better hardware in them .

They are going to release games that wont work on the old 3DS / 3DS XL because of the new hardware, and thats a plain deal breaker for me..  D:
The cards are litterally blocked on the old ones so to speak..

I'm a big fan of nintendo, but this is just a massive dissapointment, specially after spending 300(euros) on a 3DS-XL...  :l

Rikaria

Assuming I wasn't seeing things in this one video I watched, there will be a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate bundle that comes out with the new model (I'm guessing the LL/XL since that was the original plan using the older models). If that's the case AND if that bundle comes out overseas, I'm probably gonna be getting a new model after all.

Shadow Mare

Peace Keeper

I like how they are adding the feature of a C-stick and the L/R[Z] buttons, added CPU power, interchangeable skins, and Amiibo. However, I believe they are releasing this one WAAY too early. I don't get why now? The current 3DS is still a very popular handheld system and can be in great use for another 3-5 years. With that much time, they could be adding way more stuff to the new system or improve it. The position of the C-stick looks very awkward; it should be placed under the A/B/Y/X buttons like the Gamecube controller. And the improved 3D technology, they should implement that improvement on the current model (Just like the Gameboy SP. The early model was just LED-lit LCD and later was LED-backlit LCD that had way better contrast). Then I hear Xenoblades will come out exclusively for this new model, and the really big bad news is that the games made for this system cannot be played on the original 3DS.

I think the one thing that will disappoint me the most is the failure to even have Wii U interaction. These two system combined could bring out the best in gaming, bring new styles and innovations that will change gaming. If this doesn't happen, this system could be like the new iPhone, a new one coming out with little innovation. I have been a Nintendo fan since my very early childhood, and I feel heart-stricken to hear that a new system is coming out a bit too early to succeed an already awesome system with little improvement, and would probably be forced to buy this if new games come out for only this system. *sigh* I think the only way to let me enjoy my old 3DS without forcing me to buy the new one is to have an expansion pack that you can clip to the original 3DS that adds the extra buttons and the stick. The Amiibo I could get a base plate that reads the figures into the 3DS.

-Sorry if I wrote too much.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Rikaria

Not at all. I'm actually worried about Nintendo's future myself.

Peace Keeper

The 3DS is doing fantastic. It's too bad the Wii U didn't have as much love [from the 3rd parties]. What I do believe in some blogs and podcasts is the difficulty of making a game for the system that is stronger (CPU), yet weaker (GPU), than the 360 and PS3. Though it is true that now the system needs to be up to par in power with the next-gen consoles, I don't believe you need that much power to have fun. The only problem is that devs are now moving away because of weak sales. I'm pretty sure MK8 brought it back alive, and later Smash Bros. will bring more, but the only question is, will developers come back to Nintendo? EA and Ubisoft said that they need to make more sales if they want their games, but I'm unsure if their statements are true ( I feel EA has completely passed on).
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LostSanity

So can I keep using my old 3DS or will I be FORCED to buy this new one too?

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Shadow Mare

QuoteThese two system combined could bring out the best in gaming, bring new styles and innovations that will change gaming.

What are you talking about?

Itty Bit

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 31, 17:58:14
The 3DS is doing fantastic. It's too bad the Wii U didn't have as much love [from the 3rd parties]. What I do believe in some blogs and podcasts is the difficulty of making a game for the system that is stronger (CPU), yet weaker (GPU), than the 360 and PS3. Though it is true that now the system needs to be up to par in power with the next-gen consoles, I don't believe you need that much power to have fun. The only problem is that devs are now moving away because of weak sales. I'm pretty sure MK8 brought it back alive, and later Smash Bros. will bring more, but the only question is, will developers come back to Nintendo? EA and Ubisoft said that they need to make more sales if they want their games, but I'm unsure if their statements are true ( I feel EA has completely passed on).

I kind of agree with that whole "not needing that much power" thing. I remember even hearing a video of the vita failing because it was actually too powerful for it's own good, and nobody felt safe investing in making games on such a beefy handheld ^^;

What Nintendo is doing now kind of reminds me of what they were doing when the DSi came out, with it's own little exclusive content. I remember it had some quirky little games, but nothing too showy or ground breaking. I could see the New 3ds having some games like that, but I have a hunch they probably will keep producing games that will work with the old 3ds model as well, as that's what they always seem to do...

Then again, I also remember the 3ds coming out about a year or so after the DSi, which makes me question if I really should get one, if they do that sort of thing again... I've been kind of wanting to get an XL to replace my old one for awhile, now...

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Aug 31, 18:54:37
QuoteThese two system combined could bring out the best in gaming, bring new styles and innovations that will change gaming.

What are you talking about?

What I was imagining are the possibilities of the use of the 3DS as a special controller (Kind of like the Dreamcast but better). Since the Wii U can only play 1 tablet, the 3DS can be used for that purpose of secrecy, like Mario Kart. You can have 4 players up on the screen, while your 3DS can show the map, your item, and can be used like a wheel with the gyro sensor. Or a Mii game where you play hide and seek and you have the large screen for a map reference, and your 3DS (Or gamepad) can be used in 1st-person to catch the player. There could be a lot more uses for 3DS/Wii U interaction, pretty much more better than my ideas, but one can imagine.

Rikaria

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Aug 31, 21:09:31
I've been kind of wanting to get an XL to replace my old one for awhile, now...

Same, which is why I'm really hoping the MH4U bundle will come out overseas. Granted, there's nothing wrong with my current 3DS, still...

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Aug 31, 22:29:48
What I was imagining are the possibilities of the use of the 3DS as a special controller (Kind of like the Dreamcast but better). Since the Wii U can only play 1 tablet, the 3DS can be used for that purpose of secrecy, like Mario Kart. You can have 4 players up on the screen, while your 3DS can show the map, your item, and can be used like a wheel with the gyro sensor. Or a Mii game where you play hide and seek and you have the large screen for a map reference, and your 3DS (Or gamepad) can be used in 1st-person to catch the player. There could be a lot more uses for 3DS/Wii U interaction, pretty much more better than my ideas, but one can imagine.

Nintendo used to do that with some games during the Wii/DS era. Really hoping they'll do that again. The closest so far right now is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) local multiplayer (which obviously requires multiple 3DS copies of the same game).

byndbored

I would really prefer it if they swapped the word new with super in order to avoid confusing people! ovO
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Rikaria

2014 Oct 06, 20:23:24 #15 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 07, 18:07:46 by Rikaria
3DS themes are now out! :D (Just clarifying: some Themes may or may not be available for certain regions.)

EDIT: Here's two videos showing the launch themes and music:

For the second video, go to these times to hear the corresponding music:

0:01 - Ground Theme from Super Mario Bros. (NES Jumping Mario Theme)
1:28 - Elegance (Hanafuda Theme)
4:11 - Secret Course from Super Mario Sunshine (Stamped Felt and Branded Wood Themes)
6:55 - Chill Time (Chess Board, Stripes and Polka Dots Black & White Themes)
9:54 - Hyrule Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Theme)
13:00 - Summer Time (Polka Dots Gold & White Theme)
16:04 - Toad House from Super Mario 3D Land (Mighty Mushrooms Theme)
17:58 - Happy Time (Stars Black & Gold Theme)
21:48 - Rainbow Run from Super Mario 3D World (Completely Mario, Luigi, Yoshi and Peach Themes)

Julius

I'm loving my Zelda theme! ^-^
Purr~

Rikaria

2014 Oct 10, 11:33:19 #17 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 10, 13:32:57 by Rikaria
I have Hanafuda and Stars: Black & Gold. Such nice music~

EDIT: We now get a pink dot notification for new Themes.

Mint Vanilla

Personally, I am most looking forward to the faceplates. I am especially hoping that a third party will somehow create or make it possible to create MLP-themed faceplates. It is probably a pipe dream, but who knows...

Rikaria

Go Up