0x10c

Started by Thunder Jet, 2012 May 24, 20:45:18

previous topic - next topic

Will you get the game.

No
I'll just play the single-player.
I'll do some multiplayer, just for a few months.
Yes.
Derp.
CUPCAKES AND MUFFINS!
Gona wait for more...info.
Go Down

Thunder Jet

0x10c is a new game made by Notch, the creator of minecraft.
Before I talk about it...
Website here.
http://0x10c.com/

Trailer here.

The basic controls.

Each ship has a generator capable of producing a fixed wattage, and everything you connect to it drains wattage. A cloaking field, for example, might require almost all the power from the generator, forcing you to turn off all computers and dim all lights in order to successfully cloak.

The computer in the game is a fully functioning emulated 16 bit CPU that can be used to control your entire ship, or just to play games on while waiting for a large mining operation to finish. The computer that will be used is in the video below.

Sounds a bit like Minecraft...With the Mining operation and all that.

The cost. Single-Player with have a single cost while Multiplayer= A monthly fee...or at least he plans to.

I might get it. The game is still in early development and I would be proud to see more game-play.

What are your thoughts?

ChilledEagle

Well just watching these videos I have yet to see anything that tickles my fancy. So I can't really make a fair judgement based on this.
So as of right now my answer is: No.
Answer may vary depending on what I see.

Book Smarts

I can't wait to see how this game looks, I'll probably grab it on release day  x3

Goldenrod

This looks like it could be absolutely amazing.
I'm kind of bummed Notch wants to make multiplayer subscription based though...

Mr.Darkling

2012 May 24, 23:04:37 #4 Last Edit: 2012 May 24, 23:06:10 by Mr.Darkling
I've read about it a few times and it sounds exactly like EVE online (aside from the built in emulated 16 cpu and seamless space to planet gameplay.)

This game would have to be insanely good to pull me away from it that's for sure.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

Book Smarts

Quote from: Goldenrod on 2012 May 24, 22:37:47
This looks like it could be absolutely amazing.
I'm kind of bummed Notch wants to make multiplayer subscription based though...

The multiplayer is going to have computer with an ever increasing library of commands made from players around the world, kind've think of it as a notch version of siri  8D

Thunder Jet

The main website has been updated with info!

The game might release very soon.

Go Up