Game Servers Are Now Open!

Started by Ellowee, 2014 Apr 18, 00:28:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jaywo

2014 Apr 19, 07:17:17 #120 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 19, 08:12:49 by Jaywo
Well, holy crap, i'll try to help you all but it might take a sec here.

Quote from: Spyrofan00 on 2014 Apr 18, 21:15:32
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 Apr 18, 20:43:21
Check your files,
there may be something missing depending on what download you used.

Woof~

I dunno what may be missing.... so much for the game being able to work. Still isn't working, hopefully they can get it to work, btw, macs don't get an instruction file. Hopefully they can actually fix it. I doubt ANYONE is playing it right now. I did re-download it, didn't work. I downloaded BOTH of the files that work on macs. Won't work.

Post Merge

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 18, 01:21:04
People having the downloading items issue

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Apr 18, 00:53:01
Somewhere in your library there should be a folder for LoE with a settings cfg file among other things
try deleting that folder and run the game again(Mac)

For Windows this folder will be in appdata/locallow

Skittles what is your error?

I have found NO file relating to that! I've searched through my library and found no LOE file.

Check again.
It's a huge archive,
chances are you passed over it or even didn't open the folder where it's located.

Quote from: pyroslasher on 2014 Apr 18, 21:54:51
Whenever I try and login, it takes a few minutes, then tells me that the connection was reset or something like that. I don't really know about what's going on, and have come here to ask.

Check your connection and firewall,
Then try logging in as an administrator if you're on Windows.

Quote from: budlanc on 2014 Apr 18, 21:58:10
ono i can't get it to connect to the servers

Look at reply above.

Quote from: threnody on 2014 Apr 18, 23:31:52
I'm getting this same error:

Cutiemarks .. Downloading
Items .. Downloading
Abilities .. Downloading
Skills .. Downloading
Recipes .. Downloading
Item Atlas .. Done

And it doesn't log me in. I'm on a Mac. I can't get in!

Where are the config files kept on the Mac version? I want to delete them.

Only the mods will be able to tell you exactly,
but my guess is in a miscellaneous folder.

Quote from: CottonAlice on 2014 Apr 18, 23:40:31
i can't get it to connect to the servers
Someone could help me? :c :c :c

Check your connection and firewall,
Then try logging in as an administrator if you're on Windows.

Quote from: EmiPony on 2014 Apr 19, 00:37:11
Um...I don't know if this is where I'm supposed to post this kind of thing or not, but...Well, I just want to say that I really REALLY like your game! ^_^ But I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to change the camera angel...For instance, whenever my character runs, walks, or whatever, the camera films my character from an aerial view, instead of following right behind my character. (Which is what I'm used to.) Is there anyway to fix this? I mean, I can't see anything or where I am going at this angel....

I don' believe they have inserted that into the game yet, but just to be sure, check the latest post on the front page.

Quote from: Beautiful Lamb on 2014 Apr 19, 02:41:36
Quote from: Mayia on 2014 Apr 18, 01:15:58
(。◕Д◕) LoE won't even open for me. It shows me the Utility logo, goes to black screen, then shuts down.

Ya same here it opened last night when I downloaded it but I was too busy to play and now i can and it wont work

Make sure flash is updated and check for crash bugs.
Firewall may be a good thing to look in on too.

Quote from: Spyrofan00 on 2014 Apr 19, 03:04:04
Quote from: threnody on 2014 Apr 18, 23:31:52
I'm getting this same error:

Items .. Downloading
Abilities .. Downloading
Skills .. Downloading
Recipes .. Downloading
Item Atlas .. Done

And it doesn't log me in. I'm on a Mac. I can't get in!

Where are the config files kept on the Mac version? I want to delete them.

I'm having the same problems!

The most likely reason is missing files.
But that depends on what download you used.

Quote from: RedRoseOfDoom on 2014 Apr 19, 04:19:58
so, i can only play in this weekend or everyweekend?
o.O

Just this weekend,
then you get to wait forever to play again.

Quote from: Snowbound on 2014 Apr 19, 04:48:27
Yoohoo c:

So I just downloaded and extracted the correct file, and the instructions say that the last step is to 'double click loe.exe', but I don't see that file anywhere. What should I do? :c

"loe.exe" is the MAIN game file.
If it's missing, the only thing you've downloaded are the data files and somehow forgot to get the executable with them.
It should be located as the bottom (Last) file (On Windows) when you first open the downloaded content.

Quote from: WolftheRapo121 on 2014 Apr 19, 06:42:17
:c :c I've downloaded it and it doesn't work at all.

Specify your problem.

Quote from: Spyrofan00 on 2014 Apr 19, 06:42:43
Quote from: SpaceMarineTC on 2014 Apr 19, 05:05:41
Quote from: Gooberson on 2014 Apr 18, 01:20:44
Quote from: lgpihl on 2014 Apr 18, 00:43:28
It says now:

Server Listing

Items .. Downloading
Abilities .. Downloading
Skills .. Downloading
Recipes .. Downloading
Item Atlas .. Done

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED A FIX, I literally worked nonstop today just to get the day off tomorrow and to stay up later tonight to play the game. :(

I am having this same problem. If anyone has a fix for this that would be amazing! im running mac osx btw

Im having the exact problemb ive tried over and over turning my router on and off but its still comming up, i was having so much fun before :(

I haven't even gotten to play! I only played it the last time it was put up! (which was the 24th)  :c

Same here, only my problem mean I haven't even gotten to the title screen you lucky people.
That problem mean there are probably files missing if it just keeps downloading forever.
Depending on what computer your using, I wouldn't be able to tell you what should be there.
Try locating the config files and deleting them.

Also, I love how some of the mods are avoiding this thread.

Post Merge

UPDATE:
Okay, there are multiple config files in the three sub-folders (There are two in Mono).
I wouldn't touch any of them because I don't know which (If not all) should you delete.

I also got past my weird problem, but now I have an even weirder problem;
Pink rotating squares.
That's all that I get when I open the executable.
No crash, no pop-ups, no nothing.
Just squares.

Post Merge

Anypony else having this problem?
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Ryo_D_Disk

The Moderators are not avoiding the threads

However at the same time we can only offer general help, our side of the team does not deal with the bug or there fixes we can only repeat solutions we are told or solutions we have come across

In addition this is not the thread to post Bug errors we won't look here for them

monsterhigh909

how u can u download it??? please tell me >:O >.< >A<

Pinkie98

It keeps telling me it can`t connect to server host.  :c

Krystalyn Katara

I'm sorry to ask it here, though I'm having trouble with the game as well, I downloaded the full zipped thingy on torrent, but after extracting it all i won't see any .exe there only .86 files or whatever, wonder if i can find the .exe elsewhere
Legends are those who cared.

wolfheartmoon

I have a question, I get ""game access is too low to connect to this server" sometimes, and my question is how are people ever going to connect, or have connected, if it's always "too low to connect" o.O

Warglebargle

2014 Apr 19, 14:02:50 #127 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 19, 14:04:43 by Warglebargle
Quote from: Krystalyn Katara on 2014 Apr 19, 13:14:02
I'm sorry to ask it here, though I'm having trouble with the game as well, I downloaded the full zipped thingy on torrent, but after extracting it all i won't see any .exe there only .86 files or whatever, wonder if i can find the .exe elsewhere

Check - http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11141.0

I've sent you a PM with my mirror link.

Post Merge

Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 Apr 19, 07:17:17Anypony else having this problem?

I'm inexperienced in game programming, but my guess is that there's an issue with the rendering engine... I'm not sure what LoE uses. Direct3D? OpenGL? Try reinstalling both Direct3D and OpenGL.
I'm a part-server administrator/website developer/security researcher and part-brony.
IGN - Silver Skittles

Pinkie98

I cant connect. I let it through the firewall; have fine internet connection....yet it keeps saying I cant connect. I even runned LoE as adminastrator. I dont want to have to wait months to play again  :c

wolfheartmoon

now it's constantly timing out.  :l

Jaywo

Quote from: Pinkie98 on 2014 Apr 19, 14:14:54
I cant connect. I let it through the firewall; have fine internet connection....yet it keeps saying I cant connect. I even runned LoE as adminastrator. I dont want to have to wait months to play again  :c

Does it log in forever?
If so, log out and log back in without asking it to save the password.
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

Hellowutsup5

logging in takes a few minuets and then I see "Couldn't Connect: 404 not found."  :c  DD:  :s

RosemaryRemedy

How do I open the game?
I'm not exactly a tech nerd   o_o
I can locate files and such, but I can't figure out HOW to run the game  :I

Aster

Quote from: RosemaryRemedy on 2014 Apr 19, 22:18:24
How do I open the game?

I assume you downloaded the Linux version on a Windows machine?
Try downloading the Windows version instead, which has an actual executable for you to run.  ^-^
(If you're actually running Linux, just mark the .x86 file as executable in its properties.)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed pony is princess.

RosemaryRemedy

Quote from: Aster on 2014 Apr 19, 22:30:30
How do I open the game?

Try downloading the Windows version instead, which has an actual executable for you to run.  ^-^
(If you're actually running Linux, just mark the .x86 file as executable in its properties.)

Nope, I downloaded the Windows Version.
((p-p-p-poker face, p-p-p-poker face))

JETT9650

whatever you do, do not go into sugar cube corner, by game crashes, and when I try to use the character again, the game crashes every time, rendering him useless

Jaywo

Quote from: RosemaryRemedy on 2014 Apr 19, 22:51:15
Quote from: Aster on 2014 Apr 19, 22:30:30
How do I open the game?

Nope, I downloaded the Windows Version.
((p-p-p-poker face, p-p-p-poker face))

After you've downloaded the game, follow the instructions on "instructions.txt"
They tell you to extract the downloaded folder to your desktop and simply double click the executable.
*Shrug*

Moonrider

Considering how complicated and visually beautiful this game is...I'm just glad I got to wonder around for a while and interact with folks on line.  :]  I' wish I didn't have to work this weekend so I could play more. DD: The build & admin teams: Good work. I just wish I could play more. The only real glitches I've had were time outs...and if the servers are slammed then that's all there is to it, and two players trying to get in from the same router at home (and that may be a router issue...frankly). My only 'request at this moment would be if Batponies could be allowed.

God speaks to us through the roar of the wind, the crashing of the surf, the rumbling of the ground. Today: man speaks back (about the launch of the first Saturn V moon rocket).

Jaywo

Quote from: Moonrider on 2014 Apr 20, 20:50:35
Considering how complicated and visually beautiful this game is...I'm just glad I got to wonder around for a while and interact with folks on line.  :]  I' wish I didn't have to work this weekend so I could play more. DD: The build & admin teams: Good work. I just wish I could play more. The only real glitches I've had were time outs...and if the servers are slammed then that's all there is to it, and two players trying to get in from the same router at home (and that may be a router issue...frankly). My only 'request at this moment would be if Batponies could be allowed.

Batponies and Griffons.
Their both normal races in the show, I'd love to see them in the game~ ;)

Go Up