Writing Auditions Round Two Begin Now!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 18, 18:50:52 by Ellowee
Thank you to all of our writers who applied to help make Legends of Equestria a reality!

We're moving into the second round of writing auditions right now, so make sure to check your inbox if you've applied. This also means that we won't be taking submissions for the writing team from any new applicants as of today, but the other departments listed in the hiring announcement are still seeking help, so be sure to let them know if you think you've got what it takes.

Congratulations to our finalists, and good luck in the second round!

Asterian Starfall

Excellent, and thank you for the notice!
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Grand Captain Speedy Dash

How does one apply for the writing team because I would be honored to become a part of the writing team

Pipkin

Quote from: hypershadic247 on 2013 Jul 11, 20:31:14
How does one apply for the writing team because I would be honored to become a part of the writing team

QuoteWriters
Applicants for the writing department must submit one or more examples of their writing to [email protected]. Creative prose is preferred, but not completely necessary.
All applications must be submitted via email with a link to a Google Doc in the application. Your name must also be included. Any applicants who are copying from an outside source such as Microsoft Word must paste the text directly into Google Docs rather than uploading a file. They must also be visible to the parties which will judge entries. Submissions which require a download or do not have proper permissions will be ignored. Examples must be at least one page in length and cannot have been edited by any outside party. Experience is not necessary, but any applicants capable of listing qualifications should do so. After applicants have been reviewed, the most favorable will receive a prompt, at which point they will have one week to submit a story that falls within the guidelines of this prompt. After these have been judged, the new writers will be announced.

Skrybe

This is fantastic news! However, just so I'm clear, is this prompt being sent to writers that Bloomberg and his team are interested in, or have already sent an email to?

Thank you,

~Skrybe

BerserkerBrony

Asterian Starfall

2013 Jul 12, 10:29:57 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 12, 10:43:40 by Asterian
Quote from: BerserkerBrony on 2013 Jul 12, 10:18:18
How many writers have applied so far?

To answer that, you'd need to talk to Bloomberg, but I'm guessing somewhere around fifteen people.

Post Merge

Quote from: Skrybe on 2013 Jul 12, 10:17:20
     This is fantastic news! However, just so I'm clear, is this prompt being sent to writers that Bloomberg and his team are interested in, or have already sent an email to?

Thank you,

~Skrybe

I'm inclined to think the former, but I don't know for certain.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

BerserkerBrony

QuoteTo answer that, you'd need to talk to Bloomberg, but I'm guessing somewhere around fifteen people.

Good to see there is interest. I started writing myself and I might sign up for something like this when I improve.  Good luck to everyone. :)

Brick Stonewood

To answer your questions, I have not yet sent the prompt out, as I have not yet reviewed every application I've received, and so far, I have received exactly 78 applications to the writing team. The prompt will be sent to relevant parties on the day I close the first round of auditions.

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Brick Stonewood on 2013 Jul 12, 15:07:15
To answer your questions, I have not yet sent the prompt out, as I have not yet reviewed every application I've received, and so far, I have received exactly 78 applications to the writing team. The prompt will be sent to relevant parties on the day I close the first round of auditions.

Thank you for clearing that up, sir.

Jack_Daft

78 people already?  My heart goes out to the submission reviewers.

Eh, if I feel sassy enough, I'll try to apply.

Creative Writing 101 don't fail me now!  :P

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Jack_Daft on 2013 Jul 12, 15:21:47
Eh, if I feel sassy enough, I'll try to apply.

Best of luck, fellow writer!

Jack_Daft

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 12, 15:27:15
Best of luck, fellow writer!

Aww, thank you Asterian. I hardly consider myself a writer, but I wish you the best of luck too.  ;)

I'll admit, I'm awfully curious to what this "ridiculous prompt" is.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

whitestreakbrony

how many people can be accepted into the writing team?

Gracie Sky

78... that's far more than I had dreamed possible... although I really never gave it thought.

I wonder if I should be worried... >.<
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Mizuki

Probably not the best place to ask this, but I'mma do it anyway:

I know you guys hold writing auditions, but, is it possible, maybe sometime in the future, to hold Concept Art auditions too? Like for people who want to design things in the way of 2D.

Silly question I know u_u

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Brillianna

Quote from: Ellowee on 2013 Jul 11, 19:53:19
Hello again, fans! I hope you all had as much fun this past weekend as I did, during our open server weekend!

Since I didn't mention this last time, I wanted to let you know that the writing team will be moving into a second round of auditions on July 18, one week from today. On this day, Bloomberg and his team will present the writers we're considering hiring with a ridiculous prompt, and let them show how well they can write, given those parameters. After that, they'll review the applications, and we'll hire our new writers based on the submissions.

This also means that on this date, we will be closing public auditions for the writing department, so any prospective writers out there who haven't applied yet, please be sure to do so by the 18th! You wouldn't want to miss your chance to get in!

The other teams who are hiring will remain open after this weekend, so feel free to apply at any time.
Мне очень охота стать писателем и вступить в вашу команду прошу. ^-^
????? ?????? ????!:)

Brick Stonewood

Quote from: whitestreakbrony on 2013 Jul 12, 23:25:14
how many people can be accepted into the writing team?

Technically, we can have as many writers as we want. I personally like to keep the number of writers on the team at any given time at or around twelve, because it's enough to get work done quickly enough to keep up with the other departments and still have a bit of leeway for when certain people are unable to get anything done for any valid reason, but it's also a small enough number to allow me to manage everyone without any problems.

Quote from: Mizuki on 2013 Jul 13, 03:44:40
Probably not the best place to ask this, but I'mma do it anyway:

I know you guys hold writing auditions, but, is it possible, maybe sometime in the future, to hold Concept Art auditions too? Like for people who want to design things in the way of 2D.

Silly question I know u_u

We're also accepting concept artists at the time. Please see the post about it here:
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7619

Renatan

Can someone tell me what the writing team does exactly? I know, silly question, but I want to know for SURE what they do before I try out and make myself look like a fool because I did something wrong.
Beware the writer. She will feed off everything you say and store it into her memory, so don't be surprised if a few years from now you open up a book and see something you said years ago there. I'm always watching ovO

Go Up