Random Poll. (Not completely random)

Started by Jacob Skysword, 2014 Apr 21, 18:56:12

previous topic - next topic

Would it be a good idea if there was a rp server up untill an open server weekend is announced? Untill the release of the game?

Yes
No
Maybe
I don't know.
Go Down

Jacob Skysword

2014 Apr 21, 18:56:12 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 21, 22:50:43 by Jacob Skysword
Just a poll to see everypony's opinions. If you want to state why you think if it would be a good or a bad idea in the comments as well as your answer. I'm working this out with the mods so the question is subject to change.

InsertCoolUsernameHere

So I have to ask, do you mean 100% of the time during an open server? Otherwise, we cannot actually accommodate that, regardless of how many people vote on this.

Jacob Skysword

Hmm... now that I think about it I guess not. Only until the actual release of LoE or the start of an OSW. I guess you guys could work it out if you decide to consider my idea. Thanks for the clarification.

InsertCoolUsernameHere

So, just so I'm getting this right, you wanted a rp-only server open during the next open server weekend? That I can actually ask about, if you want. I can't make any promises though.

Having one open even when the rest of the servers are down would kind of defeat the purpose, see. Everyone would flock to that, regardless of the rp-only nature, and the game would be so bogged down that we couldn't get any work done.

Jacob Skysword

I hate to admit it but you're right. That would slow down the progress of the actual game immensely and I'd like to see the game released as soon as possible. Maybe you have a better solution that we can both agree on?  :s

InsertCoolUsernameHere

As I said, an rp-only server for the OSW may be feasible. It just can't be a permanent thing  lol

Princess Oliver

As cool as an RP server might be there would be very little difference between that and an actual server.
You can use party chat if you want to "Keep out the noise"

Also the biggest issue is it will not just be "one server" if we wanted everyone to have a decent connection we'd need at least three. America, Europe and Asia, and we don't have the resources for that.

The best idea is to organise an RP in the forums and then sort out your the server you want to RP on.
Princess Oliver
Princess of Arcane Engineering
Programming Co-Lead
[br]

Jacob Skysword

2014 Apr 21, 22:41:11 #7 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 21, 22:46:32 by Jacob Skysword
Very true.. I can see a better vison of what my idea is. Here's what I'm thinking... we could use something similar to the chatbox in the main forum page for people to rp in and these rp's with the chat boxes would have to be made by mods, admins, and basically any staff member that does chat moderation.

I don't know if this would work out so if you could tell me the kinks of that idea I would greatly appreciate that.

Go Up