My little Pony: Equestria Girls - Movie

Started by Billow Pillow, 2013 Feb 08, 14:38:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Ryo_D_Disk

Ryo rant review tommorow For the movie but if you want to hear my pre thoughts well

Spoiler: Ryo Rants Equestria Girls • show

Enjoy this was recorded before the movie came out so I havent spoiled a thing I wont post the review here but it will be in the Ryo Rants thread tommorow and on my channel in the banner below if your intrested

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 27, 08:13:51
Watched it from Pinkie's link...

Spoiler: show

Although, the one thing that really irks me is that the human ponies instantly believe Twilight that she's from another dimension and whatnot. Hrrm.
And the resolution was kind of... hrrrmpphh. I was expecting Sunset Shimmer to turn on Twilight when she helped her up. I also find it weird all the pony names aren't considered weird in the human world.

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Jun 27, 08:44:29
I believe his name is Flash Sentry, and the reason they probably stuck with the pony names was likely for simplicity's sake. Granted if you imagine the human reality using that way of naming for as long as equestria has then I doubt it would seem as weird to them.

Also, I will admit, Sunset's reaction at the end did seem a bit off. Granted she did get harmonized in the same way Luna did at the beginning of the series so that would be why she didn't turn on Twilight at that point.

That's why I said
I think the elements of harmony have some kind of cleansing effect. :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Tiger

On another topic, I found this really good video of one of the songs in the movie.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Blues-Music

The music is catchy , the story is great , and it has amazing animation. I gotta say this movie is awesome , and in fact I've begun to like humans as much if not even more than ponies.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jun 28, 08:02:16
The music is catchy , the story is great , and it has amazing animation. I gotta say this movie is awesome , and in fact I've begun to like humans as much if not even more than ponies.
glad you like it :]
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Midnight muzic

After hearing how everyone complained about it at first and then said they loved it after its release I'm quite interested in seeing it. Ill catch it on youtube later tonight most likely :D

I'm back from the afterlife B)
Single and looking *Ahem* Mares ;3

R-Zack

Loved the part at the beginning of the movie where Pinkie made a transformers reference.  :D Anyways, I think the movie went past my expectations,hope it was the same for others.I'm glad they added humor into the movie like when Twilight saw the video of her in the library( Dat Face when she nommed on that book.  :I) and they didn't make the love connection a completely typical high school romance like most high school movies.
The "R" meaning in my name has been formed by many nicknames.What do you call me by?
I have been lacking the ability to fight bosses shooting projectiles according to electronic genres.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: R-Zack on 2013 Jun 29, 04:28:28
Loved the part at the beginning of the movie where Pinkie made a transformers reference.  :D Anyways, I think the movie went past my expectations,hope it was the same for others.I'm glad they added humor into the movie like when Twilight saw the video of her in the library( Dat Face when she nommed on that book.  :I) and they didn't make the love connection a completely typical high school romance like most high school movies.

Exactly! I'm glad they didn't make her totally obsessed with him! She blushed, giggled, walked away, and moved on to focusing on something important. No annoying googoo eye romance.

It is a nice plus that the movie touched on the important issue of bullying. They were able to show something that they couldn't show in Equestria: cyber bullying! Well, at least, part of cyber bullying.
Another part is directly harassing someone online.

One of the biggest problems of cyber bullying is if the victim is also bullied in real life. It makes things a lot harder on them because their only escape is just being at home and not talking to anybody. That gets really lonely and gives the victim an isolated feeling. They're cornered by real life bullies and online bullies. Bullied or not, everybody needs some kind of escape from the stressful things in life to help them cool down and not explode.

Link

I saw it yesterday, and oh my gosh was it worth it! I was such a fantastic movie; I found myself being disappointed that it was only about an hour and a half long... >.<
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ryo_D_Disk

If anyone is intrested my review Rant for this movie is up, However I wont share the link here scince it contains spoilers

But it should be easly found by Ether Clicking my banner or searching Ryo Rants in youtube, so if you feel like watching it enjoy

Ill also quietly leave this down here to make it easyer to find   ovO
http://www.youtube.com/user/RyoDisk
Ryo Shameless advertsing

Blues-Music

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2013 Jun 30, 15:36:49
If anyone is intrested my review Rant for this movie is up, However I wont share the link here scince it contains spoilers

But it should be easly found by Ether Clicking my banner or searching Ryo Rants in youtube, so if you feel like watching it enjoy

Ill also quietly leave this down here to make it easyer to find   ovO
http://www.youtube.com/user/RyoDisk
Ryo Shameless advertsing
That was a really great Ryo rant. I really liked your room too.  ^-^

ArtVeigar

2013 Jul 01, 05:27:49 #192 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 01, 05:36:09 by ArtVeigar
Just watched it. And it was AWESOME :3
I was smiling through the ENTIRE movie! I don't know if it's because it has been a while since I've watched any MLP episode, but that really made me fall in love for the show even deeper! And that "Help Twilight Win The Crown" song was just the final touch to make it perfect! (I think I've spoted Derpy at 1:15, bottom right corner of the screen, at the song posted by Tiger here
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 27, 21:09:29
On another topic, I found this really good video of one of the songs in the movie.

[spoiler]

[/quote][/spoiler]
And was that Octavia at 2:54?)

Okay, it wasn't perfect, but the down points were really few and small and they didn't changed the overall experience even the slightest.

Now, some toughts about some specifics:

First of all, loved how Twilight can really spread friendship wherever she goes! She is indeed the princess of friendship, people wanting it or not.

The CMC were adorable, and Scootaloo doing the chicken dance was hilarious lol

Sunset's role was really good, she wasn't stupid as villains usually are, and had a bigger plan than just stealing the crown because of jealousy. She wasn't even jealous at all, as she was the one who rejected Celestia, and not the opposite. And even though she got the power, nothing beat the magic of friendship.

I want to reinforce here that the songs were awesome.

And finally, about Flash Sentry, it was better than I had expected. It wasn't really all that highschool romance, and Twilight wasn't obsessed by him, giving more importance to what was more important. I just didn't liked the fact that he was Sunset's ex, as he seemed to be a nice guy who wouldn't date a bully like Sunset. I don't want any official relatioship between him and Twi, but I would enjoy if he appeared once in a while as a background pony, with Twi blushing slightly when he passed by, and nothing more. It would reinforce that Twi's feelings weren't hollow, and that she cared and remembered not only about him, but about all of her friends on the human world. They weren't just the image of her friends at Equestria, but another group of friends for her to care for almost as much. I'd love to see that last photo on her wall at the library.

Oh, and Rarity is best human. ;)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jul 01, 05:27:49
Just watched it. And it was AWESOME :3
I was smiling through the ENTIRE movie! I don't know if it's because it has been a while since I've watched any MLP episode, but that really made me fall in love for the show even deeper! And that "Help Twilight Win The Crown" song was just the final touch to make it perfect! (I think I've spoted Derpy at 1:15, bottom right corner of the screen, at the song posted by Tiger here
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jun 27, 21:09:29

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
And was that Octavia at 2:54?)

Okay, it wasn't perfect, but the down points were really few and small and they didn't changed the overall experience even the slightest.

Now, some toughts about some specifics:

First of all, loved how Twilight can really spread friendship wherever she goes! She is indeed the princess of friendship, people wanting it or not.

The CMC were adorable, and Scootaloo doing the chicken dance was hilarious lol

Sunset's role was really good, she wasn't stupid as villains usually are, and had a bigger plan than just stealing the crown because of jealousy. She wasn't even jealous at all, as she was the one who rejected Celestia, and not the opposite. And even though she got the power, nothing beat the magic of friendship.

I want to reinforce here that the songs were awesome.

And finally, about Flash Sentry, it was better than I had expected. It wasn't really all that highschool romance, and Twilight wasn't obsessed by him, giving more importance to what was more important. I just didn't liked the fact that he was Sunset's ex, as he seemed to be a nice guy who wouldn't date a bully like Sunset. I don't want any official relatioship between him and Twi, but I would enjoy if he appeared once in a while as a background pony, with Twi blushing slightly when he passed by, and nothing more. It would reinforce that Twi's feelings weren't hollow, and that she cared and remembered not only about him, but about all of her friends on the human world. They weren't just the image of her friends at Equestria, but another group of friends for her to care for almost as much. I'd love to see that last photo on her wall at the library.

Oh, and Rarity is best human. ;)

[/quote]
I think he dated Sunset before he knew how mean she was. Maybe he broke up with her when she showed more of how much of a bully she was. Maybe they dated sometime when she was still new to that world.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 01, 06:09:38
I think he dated Sunset before he knew how mean she was. Maybe he broke up with her when she showed more of how much of a bully she was. Maybe they dated sometime when she was still new to that world.

I don't think he dated her when she was knew at the world, as Sunset was there for at least 4 years (it's shown at Principal Celestia's room 3 photos of Sunset as the princess of the Fall Formal). But yea, we don't really know how things were before, and how much Flash Sentry knew and why they broke up. But as I said, it was just one of the small things I wasn't really a fan of that doesn't really affected how I liked the movie.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I really loved The Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie!
The only thing lacking in this movie was a little of Discord.

Night Pony

The photos were of her winning the princess of the other seasons not just Fall Formal (like Spring, Winter and Summer.)

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Jul 01, 06:30:52
The photos were of her winning the princess of the other seasons not just Fall Formal (like Spring, Winter and Summer.)

It wasn't really said they had other seasons events like this, so we can't be certain. And the fact that Sunset left Celestia a little before Twilight became Celestia's student got me to think that she was at the human world for some years by now.

Blues-Music

Quote from: ArtVeigar on 2013 Jul 01, 06:25:00
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jul 01, 06:09:38

I don't think he dated her when she was knew at the world, as Sunset was there for at least 4 years (it's shown at Principal Celestia's room 3 photos of Sunset as the princess of the Fall Formal). But yea, we don't really know how things were before, and how much Flash Sentry knew and why they broke up. But as I said, it was just one of the small things I wasn't really a fan of that doesn't really affected how I liked the movie.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I really loved The Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie!
The only thing lacking in this movie was a little of Discord.

No they constantly repeat that sentry was her ex  and that sunset shimmer wasn't new to that world , and had went there way before Twilight became Celestia's student  which was during her childhood so Sunset shimmer probably wen to that world as a child. Considering Twilight's friends were friends since childhood it would make sense she ruined it at that time. discord would be terrible actually. They could either have made him a freak of nature , or a prankster , and either one would suck.

ArtVeigar

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jul 01, 06:45:09
No they constantly repeat that sentry was her ex  and that sunset shimmer wasn't new to that world , and had went there way before Twilight became Celestia's student  which was during her childhood so Sunset shimmer probably wen to that world as a child. Considering Twilight's friends were friends since childhood it would make sense she ruined it at that time. discord would be terrible actually. They could either have made him a freak of nature , or a prankster , and either one would suck.

That's what I said in my last post, that Sunset went to the human world before Twilight became Celestia's student. But we don't know how was her relationship with Flash Sentry, and how much she covered her true self to him. But seeing she didn't cared at all about he getting close to Twilight, she probably barely cared about their relatioship either way. It was probably just to kill time waiting for the portal to open, or something like that. She also had more important things to think about, like how to conquer a world.

And of course Discord shouldn't be a student. He is too awesome to be on the same ground as everyone else. He needed to have a special role of his own, like Celestia and Luna were Principal and Vice-Principal. Just don't know which would be best suited for him.

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Jul 01, 09:20:46 #199 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 01, 10:00:44 by Chishio Kunrin
Aha! I just realized: Sunset Shimmer was there for years.

Remember that her pony toy was revealed and released before we even got to see trailers of Equestria Girls?
The back of her box says "Sunset Shimmer knows a magical path to faraway adventures! Years ago, she was also a student of Princess Celestia."

Post Merge

I just realized
Writer1: How do we make the audience hate Sunset Shimmer as quickly as possible?
Writer2: Show her bullying Fluttershy?
Writer1: You're a genius!

Post Merge

Wait wait wait wait wait wait. Something just dawned on me. If there is going to be an Equestria Girls show...
Maybe it'll follow Sunset Shimmer as she learns about friendship? o.O I'm not sure I'll watch it, but I'll probably give it a chance.

At least it has actually been stated that it wouldn't connect with FiM.

Go Up