How old, it too old?

Started by PoetryInMotion, 2015 Apr 20, 11:48:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PoetryInMotion

I am 59, 60 in July, and I was wondering, am I far to old to consider myself a Brony or Pegasister?

As far as being a fan, I can honestly say I am, I watch the series, I have videos that I purchased of the series, I have pony merchandise and have assembled a Cosplay outfit of Fluttershy, and I watch fan made videos and reviews on you tube. Though at this time I simply cannot afford to go to any conventions and know few other fans personally.

I do try to make friends within the fandom,  but sometimes it seems my age is a turn off to others.

Am I just plain to old to be a fan? or at least wise, to old to NOT be a closet fan? Perhaps due to my age, I should keep my enjoyment of the series to myself and not try to share it with other fans?

Elphyda

As far I I am concerned, fandoms do not hold an age limit.  Yes, a large demographic of numerous fandoms are averaged at like, 15-30, but there are outliers in all of them.  The occasional age eleven or age fifty+ person isn't really too young or old to be in a fandom, there's just not many of the same age due to social expectations or similar. 

Personally, I enjoy seeing these outliers every now and again.

Mizuki

I agree with @AnthroYuu , age doesn't matter when it comes to liking something, and it shouldn't be a reason to isolate yourself either.

When it comes to dealing with younger fans, I think so long as you have their interests in mind then it shouldn't be a problem.  Like if they don't feel comfortable hanging out with someone significantly older than them, it's important to respect those boundaries. Also if you go to a convention, make sure minors are accompanied by their legal guardian/s or are at least of 18 years of age, y'know basic common sense stuff. :nod:

You're always welcome to participate in pony discussions here on the forums! <3 I also heard that The MLP Arena is full of people over 30, just in case you need even more pony fans to relate to

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Go Up