What happened between 1992 and 2010 that prevented a MLP TV show?

Started by Bro1997, 2014 Aug 13, 09:51:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bro1997

I'm not sure what happened, but after My Little Pony Tales was cancelled on December 25th, 1992 after a few months on the air on Disney Channel there was no more television series based on MLP until October 10th, 2010 when Friendship is Magic was launched on The Hub. There was only animated specials for G3, but still what happened prior to the 2003 release of Charming Birthday on VHS? What happened between 1993 and 2002 that prevented any animated specials from being created? Why didn't G3 get any TV series like it's G1 and G4 counterparts?

Zhai

Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

Mizuki

From what I understand, it was very much a struggle to pitch anything that was deemed "female centric" because Network Executives thought they would actually lose money by making "girly shows".

There's a very informative article that talks about this subject, though as a heads up there is some swearing in it. :I

It's still a good read though!

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Zhai

Tropico, Tomato Max and Carrot

spiritwolf98

Well, as much as technology changed for many and many years, drawing skills got better, in fact, they tried to make the older my little pony's for about 6 year olds, and not to scary, I used to watch G3 when I was.... I don't remember but I still watch G4 and its so better, its just the fact that they changed around the head and mouth, the G3 head popped out more, G4 doesn't show any of that, its more rounded and flat, which I love how they did. One thing bugged me when I watched G3, They only had 1 Pegasus, and I would of really liked more pegasi in the show, Thanks to G4 there are. Including Alicorns. Alicorns inspired me to make an OC.  X3 But going back is going farther into older technology, but as I said earlier, drawing skills got more..how should I put this? a little flatter I should say? That's all I have!
~Krissy
You can't change the past. However, if you change the present, you have changed the future.-me

Go Up