My god....

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Jan 18, 19:38:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Fluffy Cloud

Spoiler: show
I'm okay with Twilight becoming a alicorn. I read the Entertainment Weekly article, and it seems like this episode may make for a couple of interesting episodes in the future. Just one question: How are they going to put all this in a 22 minute episode?

Lord of Madness

*sits back and relaxes as he watches everyone freak out within the madness*

Iodine

Quote from: Fluffy Cloud on 2013 Feb 03, 04:27:21
I'm okay with Twilight becoming a alicorn. I read the Entertainment Weekly article, and it seems like this episode may make for a couple of interesting episodes in the future. Just one question: How are they going to put all this in a 22 minute episode?

I'm wondering this too, especially since there will be more than one song, according to Twilight's VA from the Mexico dub. This is going to feel so rushed I just know it.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Feb 03, 13:42:15
*sits back and relaxes as he watches everyone freak out within the madness*
^my thoughts exactly. ^-^

I mean, come on guys, it's just a show.. let's try not to be quite so negative, if possible.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Night Pony

Discord planned this. I know it!

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

bleyd

always we can summun cthulhu or call the avengers ^^ trololololol

Book Smarts

Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 03, 15:36:53

He can take away horns and wings, while also giving them back  ovO

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 03, 23:43:02
Quote from: Night Pony on 2013 Feb 03, 15:36:53

He can take away horns and wings, while also giving them back  ovO

hey I just remembered that :DD

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Iodine on 2013 Feb 03, 14:20:53
Quote from: Fluffy Cloud on 2013 Feb 03, 04:27:21

I'm wondering this too, especially since there will be more than one song, according to Twilight's VA from the Mexico dub. This is going to feel so rushed I just know it.

That's what I fear most: It being rushed.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Rissian

This is something you'd think they would at least use 40+ minutes of airtime for. Hopefully they handle it well.  :s

DragonFire

2013 Feb 04, 20:42:41 #70 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 07, 01:49:37 by Ateren
Hmm, seems it's about time for my 2 bits worth. I will admit to the fact that when I first heard about the news, I had what I can only describe as a " >:O What the heck!?!?!?!?  >:O " moment. But, I gave it plenty of thought, and I don't feel that this is really gonna be that big of a deal. Anyway, it seems that there's a short list of main issues that people don't like about this new change, and I'm going to try to address what I've noticed each in turn.

1. Twilight shouldn't just be able to BECOME an alicorn... Ok, I'll admit that this was my biggest turn off originally as well. But then I realized something. What does the canon tell us about the alicorn race? Based purely on the show, the only facts that we know are that Luna and Celestia are over 1000 years old. Also, based on the wedding episodes, we know that Cadence seems to age somewhat similarly to normal ponies. The season 3 opening shows us a clip, albeit a silhouette, that when Luna and Celestia took out King Sombra, they APPEAR to be the same age as their current selves, and if I remember right, that happened before the original Nightmare Moon incident. Nothing in the canon explains how alicorns are born/formed/whatever. Also, there's no explanation as to why Cadence seems to age normally where as Luna and Celestia don't seem to age at all. So, there's a high chance that this finale will answer quite a few questions related to alicorns within the canon. Anything that has been shown in the canon is just assumption on our part on what we think alicorns should be, and I personally welcome them to show us what the show's canon is going to tell us about alicorns in general.

2. Twilight becoming an alicorn will make her OP/God-mode...  :l Um, I honestly dunno what to say about this. Every time I see this argument, all I can make of it is people got their ideas about alicorns in general stepped on and they needed to come up with anything that could make them have something else about it to be angry about. Ok, so Celestia raises the sun and Luna raises the moon. I personally don't see how that's anything more than glorified telekineses. Also, Twilight becoming an alicorn doesn't necessarily mean her magic will become any stronger than it already is, and giving her wings is not that big of a deal. If she was able to give Rarity wings, albeit temporarily, who's to say that as her magical endurance and skill increased, she couldn't do the same to herself or anypony else on a more permanent level. Now, I realize this is throwing some assumptions in, but it's something to think about. Also, we don't know if the writers will make her immortal like Luna and Celestia, or if she'll continue to age normally like Cadence appears to. I feel like this argument as a whole is invalid at least until we know more about what will actually be coming with the evolution into an alicorn besides a set of wings  :nod:

3. Twilight becoming an alicorn will ruin the symmetry of the Mane 6... I'll admit that this is one argument that I kinda agree with, but in the grand scheme of things, this won't really change anything. I mean ya; 2 unicorns, 2 pegasi, and 2 earth ponies feels better than 1 unicorn, 1 alicorn, 2 pegasi, and 2 earth ponies, but that's not gonna really change anything. I mean as far as the forms of the elements of harmony, Twilight already had a tiara/crown while the rest only got necklaces, so her role was already made out as "more important" than the rest of the elements, though we all know that the elements are only effective when they work together, so their level of importance is equivalent anyway. This may be stretching it a little on my part, but giving Twilight a tiara while the rest had necklaces could almost have been a hint as to her eventual "ascendance" to alicorn-hood. Though like I said, I may just be stretching it with that last statement   :P

4. Twilight becoming an alicorn will cause her to not be able to hang out with her friends like she used to...  :l Now this is what I feel to be making some rediculous assumptions. We do not know this will happen and we probably won't know anything about it til season 4 starts. Ya, Celestia and Luna live in Canterlot, and Cadence lives in the Crystal Empire, but if you think Twilight and her friends will let something like this get between them, then you guys must have really lost faith in the writers of MLP and of the Mane 6's friendship within the show. The writers would have to be completely off their rockers to make something like that happen, and I for one have the faith in them to not cause anything that dramatic to happen just because of this role change. They've done a very good job with the show up til now, so what makes you people think that this will be any different? Have some faith in the writers. They've handled some controversial issues with the show very well before, and I'm sure they can do it again  :]

5. What would Twilight even become the princess of??? On this topic, all we can do is make assumptions until the episode actually comes out and tells us. Celestia has the sun, Luna has the moon, and Cadence has the Crystal Empire (and some would say she's the princess of love, though who knows as far as that one goes). I for one personally think that Twilight might become like the princess in charge of magic or something to that effect. Nothing else would really make sense as far as the show is concerned, and magic on a whole plays a huge role in Equestria. Other than that, this topic is just up for controversy until the show comes out and tells us what her role will be  o.O

Ok, that seems to be the gist of what people question about turning Twilight into an alicorn, at least from what I could tell. If any1 else knows of other objections to it that people have had, reply and lemme know. But anyway, all I can say is have some faith in the writers. Yes, this is a big change to MLP, and yes, there's a good chance that it's partially due to the Hub wanting to just make some more money with merch, but this isn't going to ruin the show. There's actually a lot of potential here. I personally foresee a lot of really good episodes coming up. For instance; Rainbow Dash teaching Twilight how to fly, Twilight trying to fit into her new role could take up multiple episodes, and how her friends react to her evolution could make for some very good episodes and some very good lessons in friendship. So ya, this could turn out to be a great new facet to the show, but we have to give it a chance to build up to its potential. We can't go knocking it just because we don't like the idea for whatever reasons. If we give it a chance, I'm sure the writers won't let us down  ^-^
"Promise me you'll always remember... You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK." ~Christoper Robin

I'm Dragon Fire, and I believe every1, including myself should live by this quote...

OC link: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6394.0

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

byndbored

2013 Feb 09, 02:48:53 #72 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 09, 02:53:23 by byndbored
Funny I thought I heard someone say that twilight is going to become an acorn (I'm not joking I did see this somewhere there was a picture of it somewhere; it was from twitter I think, can someone help me find it?)
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Midnight Breeze

Still a better alicorn than Twilight.

Darkangel

2013 Feb 12, 23:31:41 #74 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 12, 23:33:38 by Darkangel
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 12, 22:58:37
Still a better alicorn than Twilight.

I see what you did there...
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

max_silverfox

twilight should be an unicorn, its more like her, its the her we seen grown, if she becames an alicorn im happy for her, but ONE THING is such event should be the great closure of friendship is magic once for all and be on a movie as its meat a "happy ever after" moment of completion of twilight's grown

for all i care if twilights become alicorn this early it SHOULD be a temporary power up or else it whold feel too empty to be productive... a character like alicorns are all shown as very mature and high in responsabilities that twilight is still learning

Book Smarts

I seriously wouldn't mind a sequel with Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo forming a new mane 6 with three new ponies if they decided to ended friendship is magic.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 15, 10:08:11
I seriously wouldn't mind a sequel with Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo forming a new mane 6 with three new ponies if they decided to ended friendship is magic.

crusading is magic?
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Book Smarts

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 15, 10:12:15
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 15, 10:08:11

crusading is magic?

Well no, more like the sequel takes place a few years after the mane 6 move on to accomplish their dreams, and the crusaders finally get their cutie marks sometime later. I have no idea what the premise might be like, but it could add certain characters like Pipsqueak, Feather Weight, and a new unicorn to the cast. 

max_silverfox

well season 3 ended, and for how it ended id say this saga of mlp did too...

episode great, but twilight all grown up is a definitive endig (to me)

who bets on season 4 about new ponys?
or shining armor daughter(he should have one)?

Go Up