My god....

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Jan 18, 19:38:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Weatherboy1

2013 Jan 18, 19:38:59 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:18:18 by Nathan Shepard
Spoiler: show
You knew that this thread would come 1 day. I was reluctant to make this until I saw the new Hub commercial. I now feel that this is necessary. If my fears are correct, then Twilight may be becoming an Alicorn.
If you haven't been following this I will create a summary of the evidence directing to Twilight becoming an Alicorn. The fears first arose when this picture was posted on EQD

At first we could past it off as derpy Marketing or something. But then... we saw the Hub Commercial for the season. Specifically Mentioning that "1 Pony will discover her true destiny" this followed with clips of Twilight making the assumption that they are talking about her. At this point there is still not enough evidence to support this. But then another thing came along that further suggested this.

During the first 10 minutes of the Crystal Empire episode, we see Luna and Celestia talking about Twilight. Then Celestia says "Then we will know if she is being closer to being ready" The question is... what? There is no obvious answer to this. What else could Twilight be ready for? She's the element of Magic, one of the most talented Magic users, the only way she can ascend further is to be a Princess.

This actually does make sense, seeing as both her Brother and her Sister in Law are a Prince and Princess. Now here we run into another issue. Don't you notice that all the princesses are Alicorns? So assuming it's not a genetic inheritance, (which make that unlikely due to the lack of multiple alicorns) we can theorize that magic can make wings thus = Alicorn. I mean look at the Rainboom episode, Twilight makes wings for Rarity. They are temporary but does that mean that someone more powerful (I.E. the Princesses) could make them permanent?  That is just a theory, but it does have some evidence to support that.

Then... quite recently we got this picture from official Hasbro merch.

Granted, there's only 1 Twilight Alicorn, but this makes the plot thicken even more. Why even include this? I tried looking up official pictures from the same sticker book with Alicorn ponies, but I didn't find any besides the 1 we already know. It just makes no sense unless something happened in the show, to make just a Twilight Alicorn but not the rest?

Then finally, the ultimate piece fell into place. The new Hasbro Commercial... see it here...

This concerns me the most, The episode title.... "Princess Coronation". Which ultimately gives us the final piece. Twilight may be becoming a Princess.

But does this mean she becomes an Alicorn? Not 100% but not 100% ruled out. There is 1 thing that might suggest something else but is unlikely. Do you remember that Cadence was the Crystal Princess? But then apparently Sombra took over and made the empire vanish. Now that it's come back, Cadence can now re assume control. Possibly Sombra making a return somehow (even though the implied that they killed him or whatever he was)

Now if our worst fears come about? What then? I can't answer that, but based on reactions EQD, I think we're going to have a massive issue. I hope to celestia that this is false. But if you look at all the evidence, it's easy to see why it's directing to this.

Tiger

2013 Jan 18, 19:48:34 #1 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:19:08 by Nathan Shepard
Tara Strong already said that she wouldn't, after she saw the photoshopped tweet of her "saying"
 that Twilight gets to be an alicorn,
when she didn't say that.

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT ovO

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

The Silent Wolf

2013 Jan 18, 20:04:01 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:21:01 by Nathan Shepard
She'll probably only become a unicorn princess, like prince blueblood, but if she does
become an alacorn it'll probably only be temporary and she'll become a normal unicorn again.
Although, Twilight actually looks good with wings....
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Tiger

2013 Jan 18, 20:09:13 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:20:34 by Nathan Shepard
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 18, 20:04:01

>:/ ...

Alicorn Twi is OP, and any other alicorn is OP for that matter. Princesses are a special case though, but Twi is a normal unicorn! She should NOT be a princess  >:(

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

The Silent Wolf

2013 Jan 18, 20:12:08 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:21:32 by Nathan Shepard
Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 18, 20:09:13
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 18, 20:04:01

>:/ ...

Alicorn Twi is OP, and any other alicorn is OP for that matter. Princesses are a special case though, but Twi is a normal unicorn! She should NOT be a princess  >:(
Woah hey.. No need to be mad at me, I only said she looks good with wings. Not that I think she should become an alacorn. And still, if you  do the math, if this is math, Shining Armour married Princess Cadence, making him a prince and since he's Twilight's older brother she's technically a princess so her becoming a princess is kinda needed.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Billow Pillow

2013 Jan 18, 20:12:21 #5 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 18, 20:14:41 by Lyra Heartstrings
Doesn't really matter, after all whatever happens is mean't to happen.  It's just best not to get to worked up about the whole situation, and enjoy the show.  :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

McSleuthburger

2013 Jan 18, 20:12:42 #6 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:22:40 by Nathan Shepard
I dont see how it even matters if
 she becomes an alicorn I mean  other alicorns are loved, why not have another for fun and the story

and how can you say it is OP when your not rping with that character and know nothing how that character will act even
(though I doubt it would be a permanent transformation)
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Rissian

2013 Jan 18, 20:17:22 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:23:36 by Nathan Shepard
Maybe she becomes a backup princess, for the crystal empire since that's where Shining Armor and Cadence will be considered royalty. If we're lucky maybe she won't become an Alicorn and just gain some princess power or something.  :s

GuitarBrony

2013 Jan 18, 20:39:49 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:24:01 by Nathan Shepard
If they wanna make Twilight an alicorn, they'll make her an alicorn. frankly, I don't care if they do. It's their show, not mine. I don't really understand the uproar over it. Given that she's pretty much the most powerful unicorn in existance, and the personal protege of Celestia, I think it wouldn't be too much of a shoe-horned in plot point.

Not to say that I necessarily WANT them to, but I won't be too broken up about it if they do. It'd be interesting to see how they handle it.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Midnight Breeze

Look at it logically, dude. The Hubs has always been close-knit with the brony community. They know good and well that something like this would not go over well with bronies. It would be a terrible decision from a business standpoint. I think they are smarter than that.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jan 18, 21:14:17
Look at it logically, dude. The Hubs has always been close-knit with the brony community. They know good and well that something like this would not go over well with bronies. It would be a terrible decision from a business standpoint. I think they are smarter than that.

Even given this, I'm starting to get a little nervous. >.< But I'm keeping faith. Quite a lot of alicorn Twilight pics have been disputed as fake.

It's said that the alicorn Twilight sticker is a vector printed onto sticker paper.

I'm not gonna believe that sticker is real until someone records video of themselves walking into Walmart, picking up multiple sticker books, and showing us that each and every single one has an alicorn Twilight sticker.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GuitarBrony

2013 Jan 18, 21:43:47 #11 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:25:33 by Nathan Shepard
At the end of the day, even if she DOES become an alicorn, I'm not going to love the episodes prior any less.
If anything, I'll appreciate them that much more. Something like this, though it would be unfortunate, isn't something to spend time and effort worrying about. I for one will still be an active member of the brony community regardless of how this plays out, so I refuse to waste my time worrying about what-ifs. I'm going to enjoy myself and see what happens, only once it's happened.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Nala Valor

2013 Jan 18, 23:03:07 #12 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 02:26:23 by Nathan Shepard
Here are my prediction=
She gets to be a princess, grow wings and stuff. Realise that its too hard to be a princess and finally ask to be a non-princess pony, which result in her loosing the wings.
THE END.

My theory is 100% a theory  ovO

Enstramentall

No.....NO... NOOOOOOOOO!!!!  >:O  D:
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

CrabApple

Well you never know. Those pictures might just be mess ups or something. I mean, look at the toy versions of all the ponies. Twilight is pink with a purple mane, AJ's got blue eyes, , Celestias pink with blue wings! There made by Hasbro and the people who made the show, but there still really messed up. so maby they were just being stupid again XD
<--- how does this happen?

[move=9][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: CrabApple on 2013 Jan 18, 23:34:15
Well you never know. Those pictures might just be mess ups or something. I mean, look at the toy versions of all the ponies. Twilight is pink with a purple mane, AJ's got blue eyes, , Celestias pink with blue wings! There made by Hasbro and the people who made the show, but there still really messed up. so maby they were just being stupid again XD
<--- how does this happen?

Hasbro used to make her pink because they think pink ponies sell better. >.< But now they have Cadence to produce, so they're happy. They still color Luna wrong, though. :/

^She should be darkish blue not lilac or whatever color that is. Her tiara and amulet should be black, not gold. And her mane and tail are... weird. I just now realized she's wearing her shoes, but you can barely tell because they're the same color as her coat. o.O I really like her wings, though. Very nice.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Seriously, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show, no matter what happens. The logic for me is that they would never make Twilight something that would stick out like the powers of a Princess for future seasons.

Also, shouldn't this entire thread be spoiler alerted?

Nathan Shepard

Please tag all potential spoiler discussion as... well, spoilers. Even if it's just speculation, some people don't want the surprise ruined for them if you happen to be right.

Night Pony

2013 Jan 19, 04:07:25 #18 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 05:12:38 by Night Pony

Honestly why do you guys care so much? Just sit and enjoy the show.

P.S.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

videogamehunter

The only way I can accept her being Alicorn in the show if the whole episode was a dream

Go Up