So, you know about the Crystal Empire, I assume...

Started by Stitchin Time, 2012 Aug 26, 14:46:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 07, 13:53:52
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 13:12:37
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 10:27:26
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 10:25:47
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 06:31:07
Spoiler: show
Yeah that's another thing I don't like about Cadence.Her story is so messed up.Okay she was Twilights foal sitter , but she is also a princess of the crystal empire?Judging by the flashbacks Twilight had Cadence before she got her cutie mark , and met princess Celestia so I doubt the princess asked Cadence to foalsit her.I doubt her parents have enough connections to make a princess of a kingdom foalsit an unimportant foal.Also since it was in Twilight's passed it happened before Shining Armour became a knight.So he couldn't have got her either.So basically unless Twilight's parents the mafia of ponies I doubt they could get her to foalsit Twilight.Even if somehow it happened why would the people of the Crystal ponies want to live under the rule of a princess that foalsits a measly little unicorn foal that isn't even from the crystal empire.

I think it's possible that she'll become the princess of the crystal empire  :D

Well what was she princess of during the wedding?I doubt a pony can become a foalsitter then people just make her a princess.

Maybe she was a princess just from relation to whoever and hadn't been old enough to rule anything yet. Once she was old enough, she decided to get married to her love before leaving for the Crystal Empire to inherit the throne. Or maybe Crystal Empire laws dictate that if the heir to the throne is female, she must have a husband before she can take the throne.

If any of this is the case, I think due to her personality *coughorlackthereofcough*, she voluntarily took up foalsitting. Twilight might not have been her only foal to sit. She seemed to have fun foalsitting Twilight, so I guess she just found foalsitting enjoyable and loved foals.

or, you know, this might have been after Princess Celestia took up Twilight as an apprentice?  That kind of gives political clout enough to warrant Cadance foalsitting her, maybe.

I think Blues said that Twilight had Cadance before Twilight got her cutie mark. Twilight didn't meet Celestia until she applied for the school for gifted unicorns, at which time she got her cutie mark.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 13:58:16
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 07, 13:53:52
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 07, 13:12:37
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 10:27:26
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 07, 10:25:47
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 06:31:07
Yeah that's another thing I don't like about Cadence.Her story is so messed up.Okay she was Twilights foal sitter , but she is also a princess of the crystal empire?Judging by the flashbacks Twilight had Cadence before she got her cutie mark , and met princess Celestia so I doubt the princess asked Cadence to foalsit her.I doubt her parents have enough connections to make a princess of a kingdom foalsit an unimportant foal.Also since it was in Twilight's passed it happened before Shining Armour became a knight.So he couldn't have got her either.So basically unless Twilight's parents the mafia of ponies I doubt they could get her to foalsit Twilight.Even if somehow it happened why would the people of the Crystal ponies want to live under the rule of a princess that foalsits a measly little unicorn foal that isn't even from the crystal empire.

Well what was she princess of during the wedding?I doubt a pony can become a foalsitter then people just make her a princess.

Maybe she was a princess just from relation to whoever and hadn't been old enough to rule anything yet. Once she was old enough, she decided to get married to her love before leaving for the Crystal Empire to inherit the throne. Or maybe Crystal Empire laws dictate that if the heir to the throne is female, she must have a husband before she can take the throne.

If any of this is the case, I think due to her personality *coughorlackthereofcough*, she voluntarily took up foalsitting. Twilight might not have been her only foal to sit. She seemed to have fun foalsitting Twilight, so I guess she just found foalsitting enjoyable and loved foals.

or, you know, this might have been after Princess Celestia took up Twilight as an apprentice?  That kind of gives political clout enough to warrant Cadance foalsitting her, maybe.

I think Blues said that Twilight had Cadance before Twilight got her cutie mark. Twilight didn't meet Celestia until she applied for the school for gifted unicorns, at which time she got her cutie mark.

Exactly.You know how hasbro wanted her to be an alicorn.Well i'm sure they did that so she can be a princess , and Lauren faust wanted her to be a unicorn so it makes sense that a regular pony is a foal sitter , and i'm sure she becomes royalty for marrying the lead of the royal guard.However some of this theory is a bit farfetched.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 14:06:57
hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = 'Spoiler: because the quote pyramid was getting long x3show'; }" />Spoiler: because the quote pyramid was getting long x3show
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=4302.msg343670#msg343670 date=1347040696]
[quote author=The Wandering Magus link=topic=4302.msg343666#msg343666 date=1347040432]
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=4302.msg343610#msg343610 date=1347037957]
[quote author=Blues-Music link=topic=4302.msg343467#msg343467 date=1347028046]
[quote author=Book Smarts link=topic=4302.msg343466#msg343466 date=1347027947]
[quote author=Blues-Music link=topic=4302.msg343392#msg343392 date=1347013867]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly.You know how hasbro wanted her to be an alicorn.Well i'm sure they did that so she can be a princess , and Lauren faust wanted her to be a unicorn so it makes sense that a regular pony is a foal sitter , and i'm sure she becomes royalty for marrying the lead of the royal guard.However some of this theory is a bit farfetched.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
I think they did that because they had pink alicorn toys sitting on the production line and wanted to sell them.  For the record, do you consider Hasbro, Faust or Sibsy to be more "canon"?  I thought you considered Hasbro's opinion "not canon" and Faust's opinion "less canon".
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 07, 14:58:36
hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = 'Spoiler: because the quote pyramid was getting long x3show'; }" />Spoiler: because the quote pyramid was getting long x3show
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=4302.msg343670#msg343670 date=1347040696]
[quote author=The Wandering Magus link=topic=4302.msg343666#msg343666 date=1347040432]
[quote author=Chishio Kunrin link=topic=4302.msg343610#msg343610 date=1347037957]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]
I think they did that because they had pink alicorn toys sitting on the production line and wanted to sell them.  For the record, do you consider Hasbro, Faust or Sibsy to be more "canon"?  I thought you considered Hasbro's opinion "not canon" and Faust's opinion "less canon".

[/quote]
You know you would have proved me wrong if you didn't just prove me right.It happened because of the toys like you said.Meaning that hasbro had nothing to do with the canon of the show , and only marketing for the toys like I said.

Thanks for proving me right.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 15:01:01

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You know you would have proved me wrong if you didn't just prove me right.It happened because of the toys like you said.Meaning that hasbro had nothing to do with the canon of the show , and only marketing for the toys like I said.

[/quote]
Am I trying to prove anypony right or wrong in this particular thread?  Hasbro owns the My Little Pony franchise and is responsible for the very existence of the show.  The executives in Hasbro are free to change canon ANY time they wish, regardless what mere viewers like yourself think.  They were the ones responsible for hiring Lauren Faust in the first place to revive their dying little girl's line.  The show was ALWAYS for selling the toys, not the other way around.  Is this clear to you?
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 07, 15:11:59
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Sep 07, 15:01:01

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Am I trying to prove anypony right or wrong in this particular thread?  Hasbro owns the My Little Pony franchise and is responsible for the very existence of the show.  The executives in Hasbro are free to change canon ANY time they wish, regardless what mere viewers like yourself think.  They were the ones responsible for hiring Lauren Faust in the first place to revive their dying little girl's line.  The show was ALWAYS for selling the toys, not the other way around.  Is this clear to you?

[/quote]
If you reread your post its as bright as day that you were trieing to prove me wrong.Even though hasbro can change canon for toy reasons , and such they never changed canon for the word "alicorn."The only time they ever changed canon was with cadence.So no this is not clear to me as it is flawed because its for another arguement entirely.

Chishio Kunrin

Ok, ok, the fact is the entire reason there was ever a My Little Pony show in the first place, starting with G1, was for the sole purpose of selling the toys. That's it. That's all any of the shows ever were, was to sell toys. It was a time when toy makers made TV shows about their toys instead of commercials because it had better success. Why?

"Applejack is my favorite pony! I want an Applejack toy, mommy!"
That's why the shows were successful and used for promoting the toys. That's all it ever was, promoting the toys, and that's what it still is, to Hasbro.

Now, I think this has gotten off topic, so we should return to the discussion of the Crystal Empire and such ponies related to it and season 3.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up