My "Peace of mind" ship

Started by ScarletInk, 2015 Jul 22, 16:11:39

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ScarletInk

2015 Jul 22, 16:11:39 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 10, 04:14:35 by ScarletInk
Hi, everypony!
I know: it's practically unheard of a shipper who's been guaranteed with peace of mind  :s
Regardless of this, I'm sure that, with My Little Pony, I actually found a ship that doesn't have me begging on the carpet, in a pool made from my tears, for a kiss between the two parts: Fluttercord.
To clarify: I love the idea of Discord and Fluttershy romantically involved with each other, I'm convinced it could happen in the canon and I have a not-so-small collection of fanart and fanfic Fluttercord-centric saved on my tablet.  <3
BUT!  :I
I also love their relationship as it is now.
Though I'd be absolutely overjoyed to see them together as canon, what made me fall in love with them, with what they could be for each other, was seeing what they are as friends: seeing Fluttershy (my favourite of the Mane-six) finding her place in the heart of Discord (my favourite and stop! XD) and teaching him what friendship is, observing how Discord can make Fluttershy pull out her assertiveness as well as her kindness...
In short, as a shipper, they give me peace of mind because, even if they will forever be just friends, I'm already more than satisfacted thanks to their beautiful alchemy and Tuesday's tea  ^-^
But what about you, people?
Do you have, in this or in another fandom, a ship that can give peace of mind, in the way I explained for myself or another?
Or is shipping really a valley of tears we cross with the smile of the crazy one?  ovO

"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Sweet Brew

I'm a reeeaaallllyyyyy weird shipper...

I ship Shining armor and Cadance. :ajshifty:

Icy Shield

2015 Aug 05, 05:41:46 #2 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 05, 05:55:30 by Icy Shield
Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2015 Jul 22, 19:33:09
I'm a reeeaaallllyyyyy weird shipper...

I ship Shining armor and Cadance. :ajshifty:

But Shining armour and Cadance heve been married long time ago. It's nothing wrong for them to be together  :s

Post Merge

And as for shippining in general I don't support it most of the times. But there is one particular audio drama fanfic that I really enjoyed because of how well made with great voice acting, music, story telling and some nice art. Family friendly...
ScarletInk? I think you would like this:
with titles like this, doesn't seems to be anywhere good. But you would be suprised. And this says the guy (me) who hate shipping  :P

Let it snow!

ScarletInk

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2015 Aug 05, 05:41:46
But Shining armour and Cadance heve been married long time ago. It's nothing wrong for them to be together  :s

Post Merge

And as for shippining in general I don't support it most of the times. But there is one particular audio drama fanfic that I really enjoyed because of how well made with great voice acting, music, story telling and some nice art. Family friendly...
ScarletInk? I think you would like this:
with titles like this, doesn't seems to be anywhere good. But you would be suprised. And this says the guy (me) who hate shipping  :P

Bride of Discord? I already knew it and I totally love it  <3
Regardless, thank you for suggesting it to me: it was nice of you  ^-^
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Mizuki

I'm totally okay with shipping, though personally it's hard for me to find ships that I enjoy in the MLP fandom.

For the longest time I shipped Pinkie Pie and Discord <3, but then Pinkie was really combative towards him in later episodes...then along came Cheese Sandwich... :3

Anyway! I approve of Fluttershy & Discord but only because I like where their friendship is as of Make New Friends but Keep Discord. If someone asked me "Hey, do you ship FlutterCord?" when all we had to go off on was Keep Calm and Flutter On, I probably would have said no. :c

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Icy Shield

2015 Aug 09, 21:09:17 #5 Last Edit: 2015 Aug 09, 21:11:02 by Icy Shield
I like to seperate shipping in 2 directions:
1) loveship - what most peoples ussualy think and create
2) friendship - friends,close friends, BF's

Let it snow!

GlassMirror

I find it funny how I Loveship my OC Relic with Fluttershy. Them two are just perfect! ovO

Go Up