Who here can code?

Started by Warglebargle, 2014 May 06, 17:50:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Warglebargle

I'd love to meet fellow programmers here. Hopefully I'm not the only one. I'm working on several bash and PHP projects right now which are pretty neat. What can you guys do, and are you doing any cool projects right now?

I'm currently working on an (awesome) web application to teach and test users on language vocabulary using proven, effective techniques. I've been doing education sector apps for a long time, but perhaps in July I can sit down and do something for bronies. Anyhow, fingers crossed I'm not the only one here.
I'm a part-server administrator/website developer/security researcher and part-brony.
IGN - Silver Skittles

Jaywo

I would have loved to help you, but I only know the bare minimum, nothing that could add anything to your program. The only thing I'd do is embarrass myself. X3
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Tekner

I know lots of languages, mostly C languages. Right now I'm working on this really big MMORPG project for diminutive horses. We're still keeping it under wraps. You can check out our forums if you want to learn more about it.

Little Star

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 May 07, 17:25:51
Right now I'm working on this really big MMORPG project for diminutive horses. We're still keeping it under wraps.

You. Troll.
You freaking troll.

(Idea from me don't take my idea)

Verdant Tome

I code, too. Right now I'm officially taking a class in Java, and just finished one in SQL. Other classes have involved HTML, CSS, Javascript, and XML, and I learned some C (or was it C++?) in high school, along with a bit of Python I have no memory of. I've also taught myself some Lua, and most of what I know in XML. My "work", outside of school assignments, consists of a couple Fire Emblem-themed mods for Civilization V, with more on the way when I'm not procrastinating on online forums involving MMORPG projects involving diminutive horses, or working on schoolwork.

Pipkin

I coded a convertor in VBcode.....does that count?

I also have a rudimentary understanding of HTML syntax, but likely not enough to make a proper website....but I can edit some parts of the website I admin on currently, like the news articles and server tags on the front page

Warglebargle

Quote from: Tekner on 2014 May 07, 17:25:51
I know lots of languages, mostly C languages. Right now I'm working on this really big MMORPG project for diminutive horses. We're still keeping it under wraps. You can check out our forums if you want to learn more about it.

Sounds like such a boring MMORPG. Who would want to play that? :P
I'm a part-server administrator/website developer/security researcher and part-brony.
IGN - Silver Skittles

Mumble

I only know basic programming, like some fiddling with UDK's kismet and a bit of the Unity node system-figmajing.

I'm more a designer, by far. But I know a bunch of programmers. You guys are valuable!   :nod:

LunaSquee

I love writing code, right now I'm learning C++.
I know Java, Javascript and the website stuff, HTML5 and CSS.
I like to write web apps using node.js :D

I am a web developer

JustaMelly

Quote from: Warglebargle on 2014 May 06, 17:50:13
I'd love to meet fellow programmers here. Hopefully I'm not the only one. I'm working on several bash and PHP projects right now which are pretty neat. What can you guys do, and are you doing any cool projects right now?

I'm currently working on an (awesome) web application to teach and test users on language vocabulary using proven, effective techniques. I've been doing education sector apps for a long time, but perhaps in July I can sit down and do something for bronies. Anyhow, fingers crossed I'm not the only one here.

I know a little bit of every language :o

Probably the language that I'm most successful with is HTML5.

It is one of the most simplest languages ohoho :P

Although I really wanna learn C++ so I can test some things I want to experiment with Unity which will give me more experience to move onto UDK!!!

The languages I know:

Javascript (Expertise: 4/10)

Python (Expertise: 8/10)

HTML5 (Expertise: 10/10)

CSS (Expertise: 9/10)

C++ (Expertise: 1/10)
~JustaMelly ovO

Verdant Tome

Quote from: Codefreak5 on 2014 May 08, 21:10:21
I code, too. Right now I'm officially taking a class in Java, and just finished one in SQL. Other classes have involved HTML, CSS, Javascript, and XML, and I learned some C (or was it C++?) in high school, along with a bit of Python I have no memory of. I've also taught myself some Lua, and most of what I know in XML. My "work", outside of school assignments, consists of a couple Fire Emblem-themed mods for Civilization V, with more on the way when I'm not procrastinating on online forums involving MMORPG projects involving diminutive horses, or working on schoolwork.
Update: I'm learning C# now! It's similar enough to Java that I can pick it up really easy, but different enough to be considered more intuitive. I like it so far.

Go Up