Let's talk PERSONA~ Or just SMT in general.

Started by Thunder Heart, 2012 May 31, 04:13:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thunder Heart

SOCIAL LINKAN
PERSONA FUSAN
MARIN KIRINAN
PERSONA GENERAL

Silliness aside, oh gosh. Easily becoming one of my favourite games.
Four was absolutely amazing, I don't think I've been in involved in a story so immersive and enjoyable for a long, long time.
The anime was enjoyable, too. The fact that they stayed true to the game for the most part, whilst expanding on smaller things, was just.... Ffff.

I bought Persona 3 recently, too. I'm not all that far, but I'm beginning to enjoy it just as much.
I've yet to connect with the characters on a level I did with P4, but I'm sure that will come once I've got deeper into the game itself and let them all develop and show their colours.

There, I've pushed the boat out! What does everypony think of this awesome series?

lurk852

I've only played P3P and P4, but they were both really awesome. Excellent gameplay and plot and music. :3

Quote from: Thunder Heart on 2012 May 31, 04:13:27
I've yet to connect with the characters on a level I did with P4, but I'm sure that will come once I've got deeper into the game itself and let them all develop and show their colours.

P3 was fantastic, but the story and characters in it aren't quite up to the awesomeness of P4. I really liked Aigis, though.

Hey, I posted this in another topic, but it's certainly relevant here too; someone ponyized the opening of P3. It's incredibly well-edited, and the ponyized version of the evokers is great.

...Also, if you're a fan of P4, there's a hilarious comic covering the first third of the game or so, and there's a very good dub of it on Youtube. If you haven't seen it yet, youtube "hiimdaisy persona 4".
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Thunder Heart

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 May 31, 16:55:53
Hey, I posted this in another topic, but it's certainly relevant here too; someone ponyized the opening of P3. It's incredibly well-edited, and the ponyized version of the evokers is great.

...Also, if you're a fan of P4, there's a hilarious comic covering the first third of the game or so, and there's a very good dub of it on Youtube. If you haven't seen it yet, youtube "hiimdaisy persona 4".

I commented on that thread, I love that video. I seriously can't stop watching it.

Those comic dubs, oh gosh... I've watched those about four times, and they still make me laugh.
"STICK YOUR HAND INTO THE TV DOITDOITDOIT"

In P3, I'm onto the second block of Tartarus. Against the second boss of the floor, Empress Arcana guardian Shadow.
I'm trying to up myself two more levels so I can fuse Gurr and get a wind resistance going, it spams Garu all over the place and pretty much ruins my day.

lurk852

I remember grinding to get whatever-resistant personas too... P3 was a lot tougher than P4 in my experience (not counting that frigging sauna boss, who once one-shotted my main character from full health while he was guarding). My first run of P3P was on hard mode, but I hear that the original game didn't let you directly control party members, so I'd imagine original P3 would be pretty brutal  :I

Oh, and P3's final boss... not going to spoil it, but ugh. One of the biggest headaches I've ever come across in a video game.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Haned tom.

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 May 31, 17:37:39
Oh, and P3's final boss... not going to spoil it, but ugh. One of the biggest headaches I've ever come across in a video game.
Agreed I especialy hated how much hp that one had. Though eliziabeth was tougher.
In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

Go Up