Possibly another Equestria Girls movie?

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2014 Jan 21, 21:34:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Yes, indeed, we have a clue that there might be a second Equestria Girls movie coming. The speculation came from the appearance of new Equestria Girls dolls and was apparently confirmed by two Hasbro employees.

What will be the new movie's plot/theme?
Spoiler: Well, we have the theme • show
Battle of the Bands.

Oooh. :3

Spoiler: Dolls • show

Source: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/unconfirmed-next-equestria-girls-movie.html

So, here's what we know:
Spoiler: show
- The movie might be called Rainbow Rock.
- The theme might be Battle of the Bands.
- Trixie might have some actual important part in it.
- DJ Pon3 might have an interesting appearance. They said there is/will be a DJ Pon3 toy that has a car with a pair of sunglasses you can wear or put on the car as its windshield. Ooh, creative.~ Me likey. Kids'll get a kick out of that.

Spoiler: Spoiler of me mentioning something that might have to do with the Season 4 finale, so be careful • show
Spoiler: I'm serious. • show
Spoiler: Super serious. It's inside this one. • show
Once again, they're using a rainbow theme. Think it may have something to do with the "rainbow power" the mane six might get by the end of season 4?

If you say anything that relates to what might happen in the season 4 finale, please specify that you're mentioning it and put it in a spoiler. If our speculations are right, I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who doesn't want to see it coming.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Prismatic

Prismatic Powers Activate!

It would be interesting...I myself am somewhat mixed of EQG but it would be interesting to see what they can do to make it more plausible this time around.

Midnight Breeze

Teal Turken

HelmOfDismay

I'm actually super hyped for this! (And not just for the Trixie)
~Trixie IS the highest level unicorn.~

LostSanity

>:O >.< >A< ovO D: D: DD: >:/ :x

Yeah... this is just great...

NOT.

Wait...

Hmm...

I said I would FORCE myself to watch Equestria Girls if I couldn't beat Persona 3 FES "The Answer" right?

Luckily I did.

BECAUSE I'M THAT AWESOME.

What should my challenge be this time?

I'll have to think about it.

P.S.: I'M GOING TO IGNORE THIS AND ACT LIKE IT DOESN'T EXIST. JUST LIKE I DID WITH THE LAST ONE. DEAL WITH IT.

I'm going to go back to watching REAL MLP:FiM now...

*goes to do that*

*is also thinking of a new challenge for myself*

This also means Season 5 will be only 13 episodes.

MAKING THIS EVEN WORSE.

THANKS FOR BEING JERKS AGAIN HASBRO.

>:O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

GoldenTerrabyte

As much as I would enjoy this, I must say that no TV show needs to have TWO movies for it. One is enough. It's been that way for pretty much every TV show I've seen. This is the first time I've heard of a TV show having 2 movies. And it's unnecessary.
I'm back

Midnight Breeze

Here's a thought: How about we make a REAL MLP movie that ACTUALLY ties into the show and builds upon the story, instead of just making another alternate-universe sideshow that the actually show just pretends never happened.

Call me crazy....

Jinxie Umbra

Sea Foam

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 22, 19:01:12
Here's a thought: How about we make a REAL MLP movie that ACTUALLY ties into the show and builds upon the story, instead of just making another alternate-universe sideshow that the actually show just pretends never happened.

Call me crazy....

Why waste time telling a comprehensive story when you can promote your Monster High rip off toys with a shoddy, phoned-in movie?

It worked for them once, so there's no need to take a risk and change the formula.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2014 Jan 22, 10:32:13
The toys are still ugly. lol

I think the funniest part is that the Monster High dolls actually even look better than the Equestria Girls dolls. lol The EG dolls have such huge foreheads.
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Jan 22, 18:15:37
As much as I would enjoy this, I must say that no TV show needs to have TWO movies for it. One is enough. It's been that way for pretty much every TV show I've seen. This is the first time I've heard of a TV show having 2 movies. And it's unnecessary.

*Cough* http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Movies
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jan 22, 19:01:12

Call me crazy....

I'd love that, but Hasbro thinks dolls are totally in right now. Trying to cash in on all that Monster High hype.

Midnight Breeze

So, if they want a doll line so badly, why do they not just work with Faust to get her Galaxy Girls off the ground? Didn't Faust say Hasbro wouldn't buy the rights to her toy line unless she could come up with a show to promote it?

If they can make half-baked movies like Equestria Girls just to sell dolls then what is stopping them from partnering with Faust?

Pipkin

I should have seen this coming.....too bad the toys are repulsive....

They should make an actual My Little PONY movie, not this EQG poop they're spewing....

GoldenTerrabyte

What's the point of these dolls? They're disgusting and ugly and they look like they're trying to be Barbies or something.
I'm back

amymist

I... really wanted to like the dolls. I like fashion dolls a lot, and Monster High is my favorite doll line. I wish the dolls looked more like the characters did in the movie...

But, more importantly, they make Hasbro money! Quite a lot of money, as it were. I expect another movie if doll sales start to even out (though if they drop too far Hasbro would probably stop making them, but I can't picture that happening.)

Octavia

Quote from: Sea Foam on 2014 Jan 22, 23:39:54
It worked for them once, so there's no need to take a risk and change the formula.

That doesn't always mean it'll work again, though. Regardless, it seems like Hasbro wants to keep milking this spin-off, haha.

Personally, I'm indifferent to this whole thing. I've seen the first one, and it was really nothing to write home about, so I don't really care for this. Though, I'm sure there's people out there who'd still watch it, but... eh. Good for them...! I guess?

GoldenTerrabyte

Want my honest opinion? A second Equestria Girls is a waste of Hasbro's time to make. The first one was great, but it was meant to be just one movie. If they want to make another movie, it should be a regular MLP movie. But even then I'd rather they focus on episodes for now. Generally sequels should only be made for a movie that did exceptionally well. And as much as it hurts me to say this, Equestria Girls just didn't do so well. I loved it, but many people didn't. Generally when something doesn't do well, the sequel does even worse. So that's why it's a waste of Hasbro's time.
I'm back

Chishio Kunrin

The first movie was alright enough to be enjoyable, for me.

I loved that Twilight wasn't so obsessed and googoo-eyed for Flash Sentry that all she could think about was him while writing "Twilight Sparkle + Flash Sentry 4Ever" in hearts on her stuff, like in usual high school drama movies. When he was around, she got awkward and flustered, but as soon as he left, she snapped out of it and got right back to business, like a person should.

My parents' friends' little kids LOVED Equestria Girls, and that's really what matters to Hasbro. Hasbro is unfamiliar with marketing toward teens and adults, much less boys, for MLP. That's why they let third party companies like Funko use their IP to market toward bronies, so Hasbro doesn't have to concentrate on that part of the fandom.

Now, a Battle of the Bands theme actually seems quite interesting to me, and the first movie was alright enough to make me feel like giving Rainbow Rock a chance and check it out when it's released.

At the very least, it'll probably give us some more good songs to listen to. The first movie's songs were... hit and miss with only one of them being good. Let's hope the second one gives us some good ones, especially since it's called Rainbow Rock.

Night Pony

If the rumours turn out to be true and there are going to make another one, I do hope they focus on the alternative mane6 instead of having them be brought from Equestria. Also I do hope that they include Sunset Shimmer in there somewhere trying to be friends with everyone. Also if it's battle of the bands you can expect awesome songs.  :3

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up