TVGuide.com Stands Up For Bronies!

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Aug 01, 14:11:52

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

They wrote an article called Give Bronies A Break! where they pretty much explain what we're really like. They even interviewed people!
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bronies-My-Little-Pony-Friendship-Magic-1068692.aspx

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jack_Daft

This is probably one of the better articles that portray bronies what they really are as a collective group. It's merely a subculture of fans for the show, and an awkwardly nerdy subculture at the worst. But the intended message of buy more Hasbro toys friendship, tolerance, and good morals (albeit simple and elementary) are great and I can't knock the Brony subculture for.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the horrifying things the vocal minority of bronies have made. I've seen much pony http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. and hateful, psychotic Bronies out there who are extremely racist, homophobic, and prejudice out there and it's unfortunate a few bad apples that spoil the bunch.  :l

Yeah, Bronies can be strange, but what's the harm in it? I'm an adult and I get tired of watching nothing but mature shows such as Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, etc.  These shows have much more complex themes and they're very well done, but colorful ponies in a cartoony utopia is a much needed departure once in awhile.

LoE: Bucky Geldin
Level 1 Sugarcane Farmer Earf Pony

HerpyDooves

Good for TV Guide. ^-^ I'm glad they support us.

Solv

Good article; a pleasure to read. They got it pretty spot on with everything.  ^-^  Now to read through the comments~...
:) :D          PINKIE PIE!  <3            :D :)

Link

About time someone made a positive article and wasn't a brony themselves.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Asterian Starfall

"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Go Up